This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Will Exigents have a map like the past splat books, maybe depicting Great Forks or something or would that be to much just for the sake of a single city or similar location, since I don't see Exigents providing much in locales that would be special to them.
    We're going to try to include some sort of map for every splatbook going forward, but we don't have our map plans for Exigents set in stone yet. (Though we've learned from Lunars, and we intend to have whatever map we settle on be at least partly developed before the Exigents Kickstarter begins.)

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• This is based off the backer information just emailed out; but for the variety of Anuhle, particularly the Calondra variety of Anuhle, how do they view the pattern spiders? Do their creation laid eggs somehow integrate into the Loom of Fate?

Are there any variety of Anuhle that descend from the Ebon Dragon's 2nd circle demons that devour light akin to Tolkien's Ungoliant?

Comment

• How well are the Incrana aware of the existence of other, similar level entities like the Dark Mother and the Dream-Souled's patron? I mean, even if such entities are found in the bottom level of the necessary power rank, they are still a few of the most powerful entities in Creation, considering that even high Essence gods and Third Circle Demons can't produce Exaltation on their own, so not being aware for such entities sounds... dangerous.

Also, just a question about the creative process if I may- why have you decided that Exigence would exist for gods alone? I mean, I assume that you guessed that once you'll set this limitation people would immediately ask "but what about elementals/demons/ghosts/fair folk/etc", so I'm just curious about how the decision to limit the type of entities to only gods came to be.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• How does Monstrous Flying Leap (Anulhe) interact with disenage?

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
            How well are the Incrana aware of the existence of other, similar level entities like the Dark Mother and the Dream-Souled's patron?
            Not necessarily.

Also, just a question about the creative process if I may- why have you decided that Exigence would exist for gods alone? I mean, I assume that you guessed that once you'll set this limitation people would immediately ask "but what about elementals/demons/ghosts/fair folk/etc", so I'm just curious about how the decision to limit the type of entities to only gods came to be.
            That was a decision made by the previous developers.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• The corebook mentions a species of giant bats from the south. What changes to the normal bat stats would you recommend to represent the giant species?

Comment

• Something I kind of notice in 3e is there's not a lot of talk about house Aspects anymore. Is that just not something of focus I'm guessing?

And if they are, a follow-up would be what Aspects are Ophris and Burano?

And stuff.
                My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                  And if they are, a follow-up would be what Aspects are Ophris and Burano?
                  This was answered here.

Comment

• Can a sorcerer who is holding a Thorn of Cold Rebuke lend the weapon to another character? Can that character perform the explosive throw?
                    Also, this spell is unique in that it requires a combat ability (thrown) in order to be used effectively, whereas all other attack spells use your occult and your mental attributes. This is a big hurdle to its usability by a lot of sorcerers. Can you explain to me the logic behind it?

Are you in the market for some Martial Arts? Perhaps some custom Artifacts for your campaign?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mynorin View Post

This was answered here.
                      Wondered if it had been asked. Thanks!

And stuff.
                      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                        Something I kind of notice in 3e is there's not a lot of talk about house Aspects anymore. Is that just not something of focus I'm guessing?
                        It's still a thing that houses have in terms of a slight tendency and predisposition towards a certain Aspect.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BadassOverlord View Post
                          Can a sorcerer who is holding a Thorn of Cold Rebuke lend the weapon to another character?
                          I guess?

Can that character perform the explosive throw?
                          No, only the sorcerer who cast it can do that.

Also, this spell is unique in that it requires a combat ability (thrown) in order to be used effectively, whereas all other attack spells use your occult and your mental attributes. This is a big hurdle to its usability by a lot of sorcerers. Can you explain to me the logic behind it?
                          Lots of spells that create weapons, like Blood Lash and Wood Dragon's Claws, require you to have the associated Abilities for those weapons.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                            The corebook mentions a species of giant bats from the south. What changes to the normal bat stats would you recommend to represent the giant species?
                            Probably something similar to the other animal-embiggening conversions in Chapter 9 of Lunars.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I used the search function on this and the prior thread and couldn't see any place where it was answered, so if it was, I somehow missed it:

What happens when the two participants in a Clash achieve the same number of successes? Unlike with a normal attack, there's no difference between attacker and defender, so "attacker wins ties" doesn't work.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beans View Post
                                I used the search function on this and the prior thread and couldn't see any place where it was answered, so if it was, I somehow missed it:

What happens when the two participants in a Clash achieve the same number of successes? Unlike with a normal attack, there's no difference between attacker and defender, so "attacker wins ties" doesn't work.
                                As a general rule, tied rolls go to the character with the best stunt.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X