This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
    If an Abyssal were to accidentally make a Liminal out of the corpse(ses) of an Oblivion/Neverborn cultist, how conflicted would the new Liminal be regarding their current "duties" and the beliefs of the previous owners of their meat body?
    A Liminal is an entirely new person from the corpse(s) they were created from. Their might be some memory spillover, so there is some potential for drama of that sort.

Additionally, would a Liminal's need to acquire body parts for various charms be mechanically represented the same way Alchemical Charm Slots and the need for a Sodality-operated vat complex were?
    No, it's a distinct thing. The Liminal QC in the core is pretty representative of how they might use and burn through body parts.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post
      Can the Lunar Tell encompass more than one mutation or a group of linked mutation?

Example: Say it's a snake spirit shape, the player wants scales and fangs mutations as part of their Tell. Would it just be one or the other or can a suite of mutations be selected?
      Just one mutation, normally. If there are others that upgrade it, like the various poison-enhancing mutations stacked on top of Poisonous Body, it's fine for the Tell to cover all of those, but it can't cover multiple unrelated mutations.

Adding in a second question

Locust-and-Starling Legion (LaSL) states "Her area attacks are incompatible with Simple Charms". Does this mean it's incompatible with charms that were simple charms while in the battelgroup form, or incompatible with all effects from simple charms?

Example: Entering DBT then activating LaSL. Would entering LaSL end DBT, remove the benefits from the charms effect while performing an area attack while staying in the shape, or some other thing I have not considered?
      The incompatibility is only with Simple Charms that have you make an attack as part of them, not with things like Deadly Beastman Transformation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
        1) If I win a Decisive Clash but have less initiative than the opponent's Hardness, do I still inflict 1 automatic level of damage from winning the clash?
        No.

2) Does a Join Battle roll benefit from Sensory Acuity Prana's double 9s and rerolling of 6s?
        Yes (unless you're using something that lets you Join Battle with an Ability other than Awareness).

3) Do the dice from Awakening Eye's Free Full Excellency count as Charm dice (as opposed to non-Charm dice)?
        They're Charm dice.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
          I had a question about general design philosophy - to what degree do you feel it's appropriate to let various actions or pools "float" to other traits, without charms? As an example, there's the "Dice pools for lying", where the Challenge a Fact action was brought up to see if someone could see through a lie. Personally, I don't think a Lore-based roll should be able to see through someone's lie about their origin, but an Investigate-based one seems reasonable ("You can't be from Whitewall, you're wearing your pendant in a way no native Whitewaller ever would!"). Do you think that this kind of switching Abilities/Attributes is something that anyone can do? Or is it something that always requires a charm? Or, on the third hand, is there more of a middle ground, where "big" swaps need charms, but less-significant ones are acceptable as ST-fiated swaps anyone could do?

It seems clear to me that some swaps are big enough to require charms (Spurious Presence in the Core, for example, allowing you to use Larceny in place of Socialize for your Guile, or various Lunar charms that swap different Attributes in things like attack rolls). But I was wondering if there was any sort of general design guideline on requiring charms for any such switches.
          It's something that I trust Storytellers to handle. If a Storyteller feels like attacking with Strength shouldn't require a Charm, the attack-with-Strength Charm isn't integral to any big Charm trees.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by UndeadBrit View Post
            How well are Lunars intended to adapt to crippling injuries? If a Lunar loses both legs is it intended that all modes of locomotion across all forms be impacted or just ground movement? Having lost both legs, will a Lunar still be able to fly as a bird? How does a lost limb impact forms that do not normally possess that limb (for example: losing a leg then shifting into a snake form, or losing your wings in a bird form then shifting to human)?
            If you have a limb severed in one form, that wound will "carry over" into other forms by affecting the limb that's the closest anatomical analogue, if one exists.

Can a new manifestation of the Extra Limbs mutation replace amputated limbs?
            Functionally yes, although I think of "I grow a third arm, now I can juggle again!" as being a different thing than "I regrow that arm that was cut off!"

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can you use Poised Lion Attitude (Miracles page 25) to flurry Empowering Shout (Core page 370) with an Attack?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
                Can you use Poised Lion Attitude (Miracles page 25) to flurry Empowering Shout (Core page 370) with an Attack?
                No; Empowering Shout isn't an influence roll.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can you use Familiar-Honing Intrsuctions (Exalted Core p.411) to give your familiar a boost for Join Battle in normal circumstances (Like, not in ambushes) ? The Charm Ambush Predator Style clearly implies you can, but then how does it work since Familiar-Honing Instructions is a Simple Charm ? Do you have to take a flurry to boost the initiative of your familiar ? Or can you consider that if you see the fight coming you prepare it just before it begins ? Or can you only use it to boost initiative of your familiar when you have the upgrade with 3 essence to make it reflexive ?

Comment

• Would Essential Mirror Nature be able to hide moonsilver tattoos when one's anima is at Glowing or higher? I figure since it hides the Tell at any level of anima, it should probably also hide the tattoos as well or else it's kind of a pointless charm in my view since it would spoil the disguise of any Lunar but a Casteless if they were to start spending from their peripheral mote pool.

Comment

• The fiction in Fangs with Vanathiri (is that spelt right? Not sure) Mirror-Soul shows them talking to thier bloodthirsty side. A reflection.
                      Is this a charm in the book that makes the reflection a fully sentient piece of themselves?
                      If so is it being within a specific place a part of the charm? Or was that just a stylistic choice for the fiction?
                      Also which charm is it of course

Comment

• Does sorcery manifest differently for diverse Exalted types (perhaps on a "metaphysical" level), beyond what Circle they can access?

Comment

• I know it's not quite period appropriate but is there a chance for a fencing based martial arts?

Comment

• I seem to remember last month Stephen Lea Sheppard had some discussion on the Discord about bandits, outlaws, and rebellions. Mostly about how people deemed "bandits" were more often than not someone being demonized for rebelling against the government. And how often "bandits" would have a fair amount of support from the folk living in the area.

​Can y'all expand on that at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teal Tara View Post
                              I know it's not quite period appropriate but is there a chance for a fencing based martial arts?
                              I could see a rapier style.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by memeala View Post
                                Does sorcery manifest differently for diverse Exalted types (perhaps on a "metaphysical" level), beyond what Circle they can access?
                                The main difference is Occult Charms or other stuff that interacts with sorcery.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X