This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
    I might of missed this earlier, but is there going to be more information on the Realm's restriction on mortal explloration of the West, and thet ransition to Wu-Jian as the main route there? The Realm book says that it happened in the last century, but the satrapy seems to have been a known location for a few?
    The West was hard to access because the prevailing winds and currents hadn't been well-charted, and the routes were obstructed by monsters, hostile spirit courts, and the like. Daring Exalted heroes were able to bring ships to and from the West despite these obstructions. It was a century ago that the Realm charted and cleared some trade lanes to the point that mortal crews could reliably make the journey. We may spell this out more clearly in Eight Directions if word count allows.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
      Are there currently more sword styles planned for the future> (other than thousand blades of course)
      Violet Bier of Sorrows is on the horizon.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Do magic animals like the dreamhawk, grossbeak, mouse of the sun, etc count as animals for the purpose of familiar charms that specify animals?
        No. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
          What is the action to Dismiss a spell in combat, like say Wood Dragon’s Claw, that lasts “Until Dismissed”?
          Just reflexive.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Just reflexive.
            Thanks very much, a follow up question for Lunars if I may?

Can Lunars in animal form make use of Wood Dragon’s Claw? If so, are the calculations handled in the normal fashion (Dex + Brawl to hit, 10 base + Str for Damage?)

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
              Can Lunars in animal form make use of Wood Dragon’s Claw?
              Yes.

f so, are the calculations handled in the normal fashion (Dex + Brawl to hit, 10 base + Str for Damage?)
              Yeah, it'd be just like attacking with a light artifact weapon while in human form.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can your tell qualify you for a protean benefit?
                If you transform into an animal with mutations, can the mutations qualify you for protean benefits?

Comment

Violet Bier of Sorrows is on the horizon.
                  Great to hear!
                  Is Violet similar in theme to previous depictions? Or is it a bit newer?
                  If you can say of course

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
                    Can your tell qualify you for a protean benefit?
                    If you transform into an animal with mutations, can the mutations qualify you for protean benefits?
                    A mutation can qualify you. Tells are largely aesthetic, but if tied to a mutation, can qualify you. Note that none of this bypasses the restriction on not accessing Protean effects in your true human form.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Great to hear!
                      Is Violet similar in theme to previous depictions? Or is it a bit newer?
                      If you can say of course
                      We're drawing from the original version, but I think its theme could be given a more cohesive presentation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

A mutation can qualify you. Tells are largely aesthetic, but if tied to a mutation, can qualify you. Note that none of this bypasses the restriction on not accessing Protean effects in your true human form.
                        Ah, so in my true human form I can't apply the protean benefit of Adder Fang Method to my poisonous fangs, but I could apply it when in the form of a dog, bird, or a different human form?

My characters:
                        Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                        Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                        Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Ah, so in my true human form I can't apply the protean benefit of Adder Fang Method to my poisonous fangs, but I could apply it when in the form of a dog, bird, or a different human form?
                          Correct. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does the Realm (or did the Shogunate or first age realm) have something similar to Latitude and Longitude for determining location? Since Creation is flat I assume they could have two Prime Meridians; one for North/South and one for East/West, but it seems that other then that they could use a system similar to that? Arguably even easier since the Imperial Mountain can split the world into 4 quadrants very easily?

Comment

• So for elementals, Fire has both the Ifrit and the Flame Duck; Water has the Vodonik; Wood has the Wood-King; and Air has the Thunderbird. To the best of your knowledge, does Earth have any canonical elementals that wear a human or mostly-human shape?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                                So for elementals, Fire has both the Ifrit and the Flame Duck; Water has the Vodonik; Wood has the Wood-King; and Air has the Thunderbird. To the best of your knowledge, does Earth have any canonical elementals that wear a human or mostly-human shape?
                                Nothing canonical comes to mind offhand, but there's nothing in the setting indicating that earth elementals are less inclined to humanlike shapes than other elementals.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X