This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    So for elementals, Fire has both the Ifrit and the Flame Duck; Water has the Vodonik; Wood has the Wood-King; and Air has the Thunderbird. To the best of your knowledge, does Earth have any canonical elementals that wear a human or mostly-human shape?
    Not a dev, but the Roll of Glorious Divinity includes the Jokun, which are basically honor-bound crystal men.

Are you in the market for some Martial Arts? Perhaps some custom Artifacts for your campaign?

Comment

• Thanks, and sure enough, they’re in Games of Divinity, as well; I guess I discounted them without looking further when I saw they had tails.

Comment

• How does Moon`s Hidden Face interact with Hybrid Body Transformation? Can you make your Hybrid form look like a normal human?

Also, would a charm that disguises sorcerous alterations, such as having skin made of bronze, in the same way that Moon's Hidden Face disguises mutations be valid design space for a charm that upgrades Moon's Hidden Face?

Comment

• There's a number of Lunar charms that mention cultures she rules, or cultures her Solar Mate rules.

I assume it counts if you're one of an equal council. What if you're one of a ruling council, but not the leader?

For example, in our game, Iblis Al-Malek is Grand Heirophant of the Cult, Stone Snout is Supreme Warmaster, Golden Light is High Priest, and Elf-Wise is in charge of administration, tax, etc. Can Golden Light and Elf-Wise's Lunar Mates get any benefits from these charms?

My characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
          Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            A mutation can qualify you. Tells are largely aesthetic, but if tied to a mutation, can qualify you. Note that none of this bypasses the restriction on not accessing Protean effects in your true human form.
            Does DBT count as your true human form?

My characters:
            Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
            Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• Does a Tyrant Lizard's "Relentless Pursuit" merit qualify them for the "Unerring God-Hound Scent" magical ability?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Okay, I'm curious about a clause in Seven Thunders Voice. (Miracles, p24) When it comes to the base mass vocal projection effect, the charm says

While her mighty voice reverberates, she is only capable of inspire and threaten actions
                Does that mean the character can't move, or take reflexive actions? I kinda figured it meant those were the only social actions they could take with their super booming voice, but checking the text technically the wording seems more restrictive than that. How about Simple Charms that create an Inspire or Threaten action, or Simple Performance charms that don't work on regular Social Influence actions, like Memory-Reweaving Discipline?

Comment

• So a question about the Belt of Shadow Walking's Living Shadow ability, it says that you can attack materialized foes if she has a weapon or charm that normally allows them to attack dematerialized beings.

Now both the Solar and Lunar versions of the "charms to attack dematerialized beings" have a rider whereby you suffer a -3 penalty to hit dematerialized beings if you don't have the "See Dematerialized Beings" charm active, but if you are attacking a materialized foe while a Living Shadow do you need the "See Dematerialized Beings" charm active (or suffer the -3 penalty) or is it enough to just use the "Hit Dematerialized Beings" charm.

For reference here is the wording for the Lunar's Version:

The Lunar’s fangs rend the veil between worlds. For one tick, she may attack or otherwise physically interact with dematerialized characters. If she can’t perceive dematerialized targets, she suffers a −3 penalty on physical actions against them.

Comment

• Do Caste/Aspect abilities require at least 1 point in them is that only for Favored abilities?

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
                      So a question about the Belt of Shadow Walking's Living Shadow ability, it says that you can attack materialized foes if she has a weapon or charm that normally allows them to attack dematerialized beings.

Now both the Solar and Lunar versions of the "charms to attack dematerialized beings" have a rider whereby you suffer a -3 penalty to hit dematerialized beings if you don't have the "See Dematerialized Beings" charm active, but if you are attacking a materialized foe while a Living Shadow do you need the "See Dematerialized Beings" charm active (or suffer the -3 penalty) or is it enough to just use the "Hit Dematerialized Beings" charm.

For reference here is the wording for the Lunar's Version:

Quoth the devs.

Originally posted by robert vance View Post
                      Dematerialized beings:
                      • Can't be perceived by materialized beings
                      • Can perceive both materialized and dematerialized beings
                      • Can't physically interact with anything materialized
                      • Can physically interact with anything dematerialized

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
                        Quoth the devs.
                        Ah righty, then a de-materialized Living Shadow can see materialized beings just fine and doesn't need to use the Seeing Charm. Cool.

Comment

• Page 173's first paragraph states that a character whose health track is filled with bashing damage and continues to take bashing damage starts to fill his boxes with lethal damage.

How are we meant to read that?

​Scenario A: Volfer takes fourteen levels of bashing damage in a single hit; he falls unconscious, and the bashing damage in excess of his health is marked as lethal damage.

​Scenario B: Volfer takes fourteen levels of bashing damage in a single hit; he falls unconscious, and that's it. Any bashing damage he takes subsequently, however, gets marked as lethal damage.

Comment

• Does using Soaring Zephyr Flight count as a Terrestrial's move action for the turn? Can they use their reflexive Move action to move horizontally into a new range band before using Soaring Zephyr Flight to leap two range bands into the air?

Or use their reflexive Move action to climb one range band up a wall or tree before using Soaring Zephyr Flight to leap another two range bands into the air?

EDIT: ALSO! On each round after the first, do you pay for the Initiative cost at the start of the round or at the end of that round?
                            Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 07-18-2019, 10:36 AM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Is the plan still for Sidereals to be able to turn an arrow into a boulder, rain, grain, magical healing, or love in mid-flight?

​And if not, why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                                Is the plan still for Sidereals to be able to turn an arrow into a boulder, rain, grain, magical healing, or love in mid-flight?

​And if not, why not?
                                It's probably going to remain, because it's iconic and fun, but we haven't actually started sketching out the Sidereal Charm set yet; Exigents come first.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X