This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    So can Solars tame a Wield behemoth, like an Islandsized Beaver, and make it a Familiar or Train it to awaken powers? Maybe even Combo Lore and Survival?
    Familiar, no. Taming and training sounds like a fun story to play.

Can you use Lore Training on Familiars, since you can train the brain damaged to read or ride again, can't you use them to train Bears how to read?
    While First Knowledge's Grace can bypass many barriers to education, Solar Lore won't make animals sapient that aren't already.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If Insidious Lunar Transformation is successfully used on a Lunar, can they just shapeshift back to normal?

Comment

• What´s the deal with pregnant Lunars? What happen to the foetus when the Lunar changes shapes, especially if she changes to a male (or at least non-female) shape? Or to a different species?

Comment

• For extended actions, the interval is described as the time between rolls (p.189). If an extended action succeeds in a single roll, is there an interval that passes? If it succeeds in 2 rolls, is it 1 interval that passes or 2 intervals?

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            If Insidious Lunar Transformation is successfully used on a Lunar, can they just shapeshift back to normal?
            They can, although their "default form" will be what they got turned into.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
              What´s the deal with pregnant Lunars? What happen to the foetus when the Lunar changes shapes, especially if she changes to a male (or at least non-female) shape? Or to a different species?
              Ah, the big questions!

I'd say that either Lunar's new form makes room to accommodate a uterus where the fetus can continue gestating healthily, or the fetus temporarily goes Elsewhere without interrupting the progress of gestation. I would beg people not to try to extrapolate anything from that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                For extended actions, the interval is described as the time between rolls (p.189). If an extended action succeeds in a single roll, is there an interval that passes? If it succeeds in 2 rolls, is it 1 interval that passes or 2 intervals?

Thank you.
                You have to spend an interval's worth of time working before making the first roll.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
                  Does the Realm (or did the Shogunate or first age realm) have something similar to Latitude and Longitude for determining location? Since Creation is flat I assume they could have two Prime Meridians; one for North/South and one for East/West, but it seems that other then that they could use a system similar to that? Arguably even easier since the Imperial Mountain can split the world into 4 quadrants very easily?
                  Still curious about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
                    Still curious about this.
                    These are reasonable questions! I'm putting this on the list of things that we'll try to hash out for Eight Directions during development, if word count allows.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                      These are reasonable questions! I'm putting this on the list of things that we'll try to hash out for Eight Directions during development, if word count allows.
                      If it ends up in there, would it draw any on some of the stuff found on navigation in Savage Seas? I kind of always liked hte idea the little swooshes on the 3e map were mostly navigation lines.

And stuff.
                      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

If it ends up in there, would it draw any on some of the stuff found on navigation in Savage Seas? I kind of always liked hte idea the little swooshes on the 3e map were mostly navigation lines.
                        No idea yet!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Ok, I'm curious about the interactions of Lunars acquiring forms and Insidious Lunar Transformation.

Situation:
                          1. Human A makes an oath to Lunar A, who uses Blood Geas Binding.
                          2. Human A makes same oath to Lunar B, who also uses Blood Geas Binding.
                          3. Lunar B uses Insidious Lunar Transformation on Human A into form Animal X.
                          4. Via Wasp-and-Termite Dance, Human A in form of Animal X makes the same oath to Lunar C, who also uses Blood Geas Binding.
                          5. Human A in form of Animal X break their oaths to all three Lunars.

Would Lunar A acquire the form of Human A or Animal X?
                          Would Lunar C acquire the form of Human A or Animal X?

Would Lunar B acquire the form of Human A or nothing (as they would already have the form of Animal X)?
                          Would this change if the oath was made after the Insidious Lunar Transformation instead of before?

Comment

• What is the night sky of Creation like? Obviously we have Luna, the five Maidens as five stars (not sure if their being planets in reality has any bearing) but what about the rest? Are there constellations? Are some stars more visible at certain times of year? Does Calibration have its own sky-scape? Are there celestial bodies that are better-observed in one direction than in others? What does the sky-view from Mount Meru look like compared to the rest of creation?

Somewhat more down-to-earth, are there 'Northern Lights'? Something something flat world something something magnetic field something something nickel-iron core etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                              What is the night sky of Creation like? Obviously we have Luna, the five Maidens as five stars (not sure if their being planets in reality has any bearing) but what about the rest? Are there constellations? Are some stars more visible at certain times of year?
                              There are stars and constellations and all that.

Does Calibration have its own sky-scape?
                              The moon is gone during Calibration, but the rest of the sky remains unchanged.

Are there celestial bodies that are better-observed in one direction than in others? What does the sky-view from Mount Meru look like compared to the rest of creation?
                              I don't really know enough about astronomy and celestial mechanics to give convincing or rigorously thought-through answers, but that sounds likely?

Somewhat more down-to-earth, are there 'Northern Lights'? Something something flat world something something magnetic field something something nickel-iron core etc.
                              There are auroras, although probably for different reasons than Earth gets them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                I don't really know enough about astronomy and celestial mechanics to give convincing or rigorously thought-through answers, but that sounds likely?

There are auroras, although probably for different reasons than Earth gets them.
                                Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a Lore Supernal character to shine.

Comment

Working...
                                X