This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knurlurzhad View Post

Playing off this question, could a magically induced storm (like with Calling That Which Stirs the Sky) produce Storm Serpents?
    Playing off both mine and Knurlurzhads. Could one summon a storm serpent using the storm conjured by Stormcaller?

Comment

• When a Lunar has a spell as a control spell that changes their characters appearance in some way (like the iris change of Peacock Shadow Eyes, the pale mists of Keel Cleaves The Clouds or the devil-maw of Unslakable Thirst of the Devil-Maw), does this change persist over their different shapes?
      Only for human shapes or also for animal shapes?

If it does, doesn't that make sorcery highly unattractive to a Lunar wishing to actually appear as another person?
      Should a charm like Subtle Silver Declaration hide any such control spell effects or is there a different charm for that purpose that I've missed?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        The new Storm Serpent looks really cool. It mentions binding it to your will via summoning, but it's Essence 4 and Summon Elemental only goes up to 3. Could a Celestial spell summon more powerful elementals, like Storm Serpents and Garda Birds, or is referring to some kind of working?
        Celestial Circle will have ways of binding more powerful elementals.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by senresk View Post
          Do the Exalted count as "magical beings" for things like the Spirit Speaker merit from the Student of the Heptagram sorcerous initiation?
          No, that's things like raksha and various supernatural unclassifiables.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post
            Question about Black Claw Style!

One of our Circle has been using Torn Lotus Defense, while in Black Claw Form, quite a lot. Their interpretation is that the counterattack portion applies to everyone that would be affected by the influence roll.

Thus, she can gather up to her Manipulation in Initiative for each enemy or bystander.

My take on it has been that the influence roll might hit every enemy and bystander, but that the counterattack probably should only work against somebody who's actually attacking.

My question is: Which is the correct interpretation?
            It explicitly says it doesn't apply the withering damage against anyone but the attacker.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Knurlurzhad View Post
              A question that came up when my group and I were discussing the Anhule. Since the write up specifically mentions how Octavian creates them, can he do so while summoned and bound to a sorcerer? And if so, would those resulting Anhule be bound to the sorcerer as well, or be unbound but loyal to Octavian? Extrapolating beyond that, could any 2CD summoned to Creation make more 1CDs while there?
              While we haven't gotten into detail on the processes by which Second and Third Circle demons can create First Circle demons, it's not one that allows sorcerers to bind Octavian and use him as a demon factory or anything like that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleks View Post
                Would a Sky Terror be appropriate for a Lunar spirit shape?
                Sky Titans are animals - specifically, quetzalcoatlus.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Musclewizard View Post
                  When a Lunar has a spell as a control spell that changes their characters appearance in some way (like the iris change of Peacock Shadow Eyes, the pale mists of Keel Cleaves The Clouds or the devil-maw of Unslakable Thirst of the Devil-Maw), does this change persist over their different shapes?
                  Only for human shapes or also for animal shapes?
                  It carries over to all shapes.

If it does, doesn't that make sorcery highly unattractive to a Lunar wishing to actually appear as another person?
                  Should a charm like Subtle Silver Declaration hide any such control spell effects or is there a different charm for that purpose that I've missed?
                  You can use mundane disguises to conceal stuff like that, and disguise-enhancing magic to enhance that. Moreover, plenty of spells have control effects that don't change your appearance.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do there exists means to tell if a being can manipulate essence? Like say a group takes a captive and suspects they might be secretly Exalted or even god blooded but lacks anything so obvious as DB aspect markings to see visually. Occult ritual space? Medicine studying their chakras or meridians turning up results different from a random mortal? Or is this bad design space to be heading down in general?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      It explicitly says it doesn't apply the withering damage against anyone but the attacker.
                      Thanks, that's what I was thinking!

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Hmm... would it be appropriate for a Dragon-Blooded Occult Charm to give access to that, without broader Celestial Circle access (on the thematic basis of invoking the authority of the Dragons over Elementals)?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

What book could this spell crop up in?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5
                          Patreon, with my own games, horror stories, and folklore research here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here
                          My free folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• How do training times, learning eclipse spirit charms and Ascending to the Heavens interact? It should take 3-days for an eclipse to learn the charm, but most storms (and therefore storm dragons) only average half an hour. Would you have to find some way to prolong the life of the storm? Or is half an hour of instruction followed by 3 days of practice sufficient to learn the charm?

Comment

• Regarding Blinding Spark Throw, the Dragon-blooded Thrown charm: When you expand your aura to use that charm reflexively after crashing an enemy, do you still roll Dex + Thrown for the gambit or do you use the same Ability you crashed your enemy with?

For example, I'm in close range and I crash my opponent using Martial Arts - do I roll Thrown or Martial Arts to see if the gambit hits?

Comment

• If a DB Excellency grants automatic successes, can you choose to get bonus dice instead?

If not, do you see any potential problems if the ST allows it? I'm asking because it feels really bad in play to have 5 dots in an ability but never be able to Excellency more than 4 dots (2 successes) because you don't have a Specialty to make it to 3 successes.

Thank you.
                                Last edited by Epitome; 08-09-2019, 06:43 AM. Reason: changed my questions as the ones I previously asked in this post are no longer relevant to me

Comment

Working...
                                X