This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
    One location you are most excited to show us in Across the Eight Directions?
    Still waiting on the final draft for Gentian, and excited to see how it comes out. It's a rising power in the Scavenger Lands that traces its origins to a fallen post-Contagion empire and is still largely wedded to that empire's once-widespread ghostly Immaculate heresy. (Gentian is Left Hand Chalima's birthplace, and she follows the Intou heresy's tenets.)

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Gentian sounds great!

Rereading The Realm now that it's in general circulation, and so, so many questions. Just a few:

1) Was the Empress a scholar and sorcerer before the Contagion and Crusade hit, or did she turn to First Age lore only at that point?

2) Did the Empress have kids or a consort before she was the Empress?

3) How was the Bronze Faction handling of the Empress different from how they handled the Shongunate?

4) Does Fokuf have any children?

Comment

• i got graceful wicked masques,may i ask do the fair folk in 3e differ in many way from the ones described in this book?
        also,i'm having a teensy bit of trouble understanding the creation of creation. as i understand,first there was the wyld,,then the primordials created the world,then the primordials pissed of the gods,the gods created Exalted to beat the primordials. Some primordials became yozis,and some became neverborn.
        i'd like to know
        1) Did i get that right?
        2)Did the primordials create the world from the essence of the wyld?

Comment

• When a Lunar pays 1m to make her Tell apparent to all onlookers, can she choose who sees her Tell, or would anyone looking at her at that time see her Tell?

Comment

• When adding Intimacy to a roll (such as the Air Aspect anima power), does this add 1 (Minor)/2 (Major)/3 (Defining) dice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleks View Post
              When adding Intimacy to a roll (such as the Air Aspect anima power), does this add 1 (Minor)/2 (Major)/3 (Defining) dice?
              It's actually 2/3/4 :
              Originally posted by Core Book p170
              Charms will sometimes become empowered by Intimacies, such as by granting a character extra strength to fight to protect his loved ones. In these circumstances, Minor, Major, and Defining Intimacies are “valued” at two, three, and four points, respectively—thus, a Charm granting dice equal to an Intimacy’s rating would grant three dice if keying off of a Major Intimacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                It's actually 2/3/4 :
                Thanks! Missed that.

Comment

• Are Wood Dragon's Claws considered Paired Light Weapons for the purpose of Clashing?

prototype00

Comment

• What rules would you use for targeting in combat a tiny creature being carried by a human-sized person, where the human sized creature is more narratively relevant? Would it make sense for there to be charms to help defend othering the tiny creature, or mechanics that inherently do that? The closest I can see Quicksilver Steed Unity's protean effect, which I don't think works in a humanoid form.

In particular, I'm imagining a lunar with witch-beast ascendancy on a mouse or something wanting to take advantage of the mouse casting spells in a fight, but not leave the mouse vulnerable with its mostly mouse-like physical stats. I guess the lunar could just use Ferocious Beast-Guardian Stance, but that feels vaguely unsatisfying to me.

Comment

• Does Vice-Miracle Technique (the one where you go "here's a level 2 artefact I was making off-screen") require a supply of magical materials? Or is it assumed that you acquired it off-screen, like how you made it?

My characters:
                      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                      Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        Does Vice-Miracle Technique (the one where you go "here's a level 2 artefact I was making off-screen") require a supply of magical materials? Or is it assumed that you acquired it off-screen, like how you made it?
                        It assumes you had access to everything you needed. It just works!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
                          What rules would you use for targeting in combat a tiny creature being carried by a human-sized person, where the human sized creature is more narratively relevant? Would it make sense for there to be charms to help defend othering the tiny creature, or mechanics that inherently do that? The closest I can see Quicksilver Steed Unity's protean effect, which I don't think works in a humanoid form.

In particular, I'm imagining a lunar with witch-beast ascendancy on a mouse or something wanting to take advantage of the mouse casting spells in a fight, but not leave the mouse vulnerable with its mostly mouse-like physical stats. I guess the lunar could just use Ferocious Beast-Guardian Stance, but that feels vaguely unsatisfying to me.
                          I think if a mouse is blasting off Deaths of Obsidian Butterflies, it's narratively relevant enough that the Lunar needs to be taking defend other actions if they want to provide protection above and beyond what Tiny Creature itself provides.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
                            Are Wood Dragon's Claws considered Paired Light Weapons for the purpose of Clashing?

prototype00
                            Assuming you have 2+ limbs to for the spell to transform, they count as paired.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                              When a Lunar pays 1m to make her Tell apparent to all onlookers, can she choose who sees her Tell, or would anyone looking at her at that time see her Tell?
                              It's all or nothing.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                                i got graceful wicked masques,may i ask do the fair folk in 3e differ in many way from the ones described in this book?
                                Probably yes. It's been long enough since I read Graceful Wicked Masques that I can't recall precisely how great a divergence Ex3's vision of the Fair Folk represent from its articulation.

also,i'm having a teensy bit of trouble understanding the creation of creation. as i understand,first there was the wyld,,then the primordials created the world,then the primordials pissed of the gods,the gods created Exalted to beat the primordials. Some primordials became yozis,and some became neverborn.
                                i'd like to know
                                1) Did i get that right?
                                Yeah.

2)Did the primordials create the world from the essence of the wyld?
                                I think every depiction in the past has had Creation being shaped from the Wyld. We probably won't change that, but honestly, the specifics don't matter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X