Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs v2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Epitome View Post
    If a DB Excellency grants automatic successes, can you choose to get bonus dice instead?
    No.

    If not, do you see any potential problems if the ST allows it? I'm asking because it feels really bad in play to have 5 dots in an ability but never be able to Excellency more than 4 dots (2 successes) because you don't have a Specialty to make it to 3 successes.

    Thank you.
    It's almost always a suboptimal choice to get dice instead of successes on the Abilities that the Dragon-Blooded Excellencies add successes for. Take that as your consideration.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pfm1995 View Post
      Regarding Blinding Spark Throw, the Dragon-blooded Thrown charm: When you expand your aura to use that charm reflexively after crashing an enemy, do you still roll Dex + Thrown for the gambit or do you use the same Ability you crashed your enemy with?

      For example, I'm in close range and I crash my opponent using Martial Arts - do I roll Thrown or Martial Arts to see if the gambit hits?
      It's always Thrown.


      Developer for Exalted

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Robert Vance's Patreon

      Comment


      • Abyssal Questions!
        How intimate is the Deathlord's relationship with the Abyssal? Do they talk to each other frequently?
        Just how present are the Neverborn in a Abyssal's life?

        Comment


        • In the Golden Viper description says: "The automaton moves and acts of its own accord, requiring neither Essence nor attunement. It takes as its master the first person to address it after its last master’s
          death, acting in all ways as a familiar."
          The Golden Viper counts as a familiar to Solar's Survival charms?

          Comment


          • Should all Charms that allow the user to redirect an avoided attack to another target within range (like Solars' Drifting Shadow Focus) be understood to function like Laughing Monster Style's Friendship-Dissolving Venom (i.e., attacker rerolls the identical dice pool and dice-manipulating effects against the new target allowing that new target to declare defensive Charms before knowing the attack's new result)?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
              Abyssal Questions!
              How intimate is the Deathlord's relationship with the Abyssal? Do they talk to each other frequently?
              Depends on the Deathlord and the Abyssal. It's possible for them to have a very personal and positive "mentor and apprentice" relationship.

              Just how present are the Neverborn in a Abyssal's life?
              It's difficult to be present in someone's life in any meaningful capacity when you're incapable of lucid or coherent thoughts and intentions.


              Developer for Exalted

              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

              Robert Vance's Patreon

              Comment


              • Originally posted by shadowninja View Post
                In the Golden Viper description says: "The automaton moves and acts of its own accord, requiring neither Essence nor attunement. It takes as its master the first person to address it after its last master’s
                death, acting in all ways as a familiar."
                The Golden Viper counts as a familiar to Solar's Survival charms?
                Yes (but not as an animal, for things that care about that).


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mynorin View Post
                  Should all Charms that allow the user to redirect an avoided attack to another target within range (like Solars' Drifting Shadow Focus) be understood to function like Laughing Monster Style's Friendship-Dissolving Venom (i.e., attacker rerolls the identical dice pool and dice-manipulating effects against the new target allowing that new target to declare defensive Charms before knowing the attack's new result)?
                  No, we're not intending to do stealth errata there. If your Storyteller wants to, they're free to say it works that way.


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Depends on the Deathlord and the Abyssal. It's possible for them to have a very personal and positive "mentor and apprentice" relationship.


                    It's difficult to be present in someone's life in any meaningful capacity when you're incapable of lucid or coherent thoughts and intentions.
                    Just as I suspected thanks

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      No, we're not intending to do stealth errata there. If your Storyteller wants to, they're free to say it works that way.
                      I didn't mean to imply that; I was just unclear on how Drifting Shadow Focus was intended to work with regards to the redirected target's ability to activate Reflexive defensive effects and prior knowledge of the attack roll's result, and FDV was the first Charm that I found that seemed to have a similar effect (though, admittedly, I had overlooked DBs' Safety Among Enemies). The way I asked that question was ... not particularly direct.

                      An additional question to that: am I correct in thinking that the use of these redirection Charms causes an onslaught penalty on the Charm user as well as on the new target of the redirected attack?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        It's difficult to be present in someone's life in any meaningful capacity when you're incapable of lucid or coherent thoughts and intentions.
                        So any relationship an Abyssal has will be one of their projections, if they choose to think there is a hidden meaning or plan in the pain crazed whispers?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mynorin View Post

                          I didn't mean to imply that; I was just unclear on how Drifting Shadow Focus was intended to work with regards to the redirected target's ability to activate Reflexive defensive effects and prior knowledge of the attack roll's result, and FDV was the first Charm that I found that seemed to have a similar effect (though, admittedly, I had overlooked DBs' Safety Among Enemies). The way I asked that question was ... not particularly direct.
                          Oh, the new victim does get a chance to use defensive Charms normally.

                          An additional question to that: am I correct in thinking that the use of these redirection Charms causes an onslaught penalty on the Charm user as well as on the new target of the redirected attack?[/QUOTE]
                          You do still get the onslaught for being attacked.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

                            So any relationship an Abyssal has will be one of their projections, if they choose to think there is a hidden meaning or plan in the pain crazed whispers?
                            I feel like that characterizes it in a way that in a way that diminishes its potential as a valid spiritual relationship. I think that's something that an individual Abyssal could explore, although it'd be harder for them than for an Infernal communing with the Yozis.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              I feel like that characterizes it in a way that in a way that diminishes its potential as a valid spiritual relationship. I think that's something that an individual Abyssal could explore, although it'd be harder for them than for an Infernal communing with the Yozis.
                              I'm not sure how to take this. Are you saying that if an Abyssal tries hard enough that they will be able to push past the senility and incoherence to where they can realistically understand a little of what the Neverborn is coming from and gain some sort of understanding from them?

                              Or do you mean a valid spiritual relationship where the Abyssal is like an outright champion for the Neverborn. The know how twisted the Neverborn are, and view them more like their charge? They seek to punish all those who wrong or caused the Neverborn such pain?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

                                I'm not sure how to take this. Are you saying that if an Abyssal tries hard enough that they will be able to push past the senility and incoherence to where they can realistically understand a little of what the Neverborn is coming from and gain some sort of understanding from them?

                                Or do you mean a valid spiritual relationship where the Abyssal is like an outright champion for the Neverborn. The know how twisted the Neverborn are, and view them more like their charge? They seek to punish all those who wrong or caused the Neverborn such pain?
                                I mean a spiritual relationship like the ones people in the real world have with gods and cosmic forces that typically aren't inclined to say anything back to you.


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X