Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a graduate from the Cloister of Wisdom takes the monastic vows, at what point do they "typically" enter the hierarchy of the Immaculate Order? Would they need to start at the point of a postulant, awaiting acceptance from archimandrite or the Palace Sublime (should the graduate be a dynast)? If not, would they be considered an oblate, their years of study within the Cloister treated as equivalent to the time an acolyte would spend the examinations they would undergo at a mission? Is the instruction at the Cloister rigorous enough that a graduate may be considered a monk of the First Coil upon entry?
    Last edited by Binary Phantom; 09-05-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• I have several miscellaneous questions:

1. If I make a roll that would ordinarily be a botch, but have added an automatic success to it (either by spending Willpower or through use of a Charm), does it still count as a botch?
      2. Similarly, do effects that subtract successes from a roll have the ability to create botches from a normal failed roll (or even a successful roll)?
      3. Can Invincible Solar Aegis use any Defining Principle or does it need to be one that isn't too broad, like Righteous Lion Defense?
      4. Could a hypothetical sorcerous merit shorten the interval on sorcerous workings, perhaps in exchange for increased difficulty/risk akin to attempting a working above one's Circle? What would the balance concerns be for something like that?
      5. Can a sorcerer cast Thorn of Cold Rebuke, withhold it and save the spear, then cast it again to create a second spear? Is there a limit to how many spears she can withhold or how long she can withhold a spear?
      Last edited by Sasha; 09-05-2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Are there any plans to release Simhata stats? (Maybe in Heirs if not in Thousand Devils?)

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• I understand the mechanics of naval combat from the core book. However, the core book only covers 1 on 1 naval combat. Given a scenario that has 3 ships all making naval maneuvers vs a single ship, is it worked out the same way? Or would some sort of penalty be applied to the single ship?

Thank you
          Last edited by VRella50; 09-05-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VRella50 View Post
            I understand the mechanics of naval combat from the core book. However, the core book only covers 1 on 1 naval combat. Given a scenario that has 3 ships all making naval maneuvers vs a single ship, is it worked out the same way? Or would some sort of penalty be applied to the single ship?

Thank you
            Not a dev, but this is actually addressed in the core rulebook. Page 245, the first paragraph under the Naval Combat header.
            If opposed by two or more other ships, the player’s roll suffers a -2 penalty for each ship beyond the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              "Resonance" is being conceptually replaced by the Great Curse, which the Abyssals still suffer from in Ex3. The ways in which it manifests will still be similar to 1E's Resonance, but it's not direct and conscious punishment from the Neverborn.
              If Abyssals still have the great curse, does that mean an Abyssal who goes through a redemption arc and becomes a Solar will still have the Great Curse? Or is the concept of "redemption" not a thing in 3E anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

If Abyssals still have the great curse, does that mean an Abyssal who goes through a redemption arc and becomes a Solar will still have the Great Curse? Or is the concept of "redemption" not a thing in 3E anymore?
                They would still have the Great Curse.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                  Are there any plans to release Simhata stats? (Maybe in Heirs if not in Thousand Devils?)
                  Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Lunar lifespan questions :

-Given Lunars can reshape their own age at will, what causes them to have finite lifespans? Basically, how does a Lunar die of old age?

-Does a Lunar's true shape age naturally over their lifespan? For instance, would a true shape of a child grow into an adult over the millennia?

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                      -Given Lunars can reshape their own age at will, what causes them to have finite lifespans? Basically, how does a Lunar die of old age?
                      Being able to change your apparent age via shapeshifting is not the same thing as extending your lifespan.

Does a Lunar's true shape age naturally over their lifespan? For instance, would a true shape of a child grow into an adult over the millennia?
                      Yeah.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• That's very interesting! To think all those Lunar Elders might have middle-aged or even senior true shapes beneath their Perfect Warrior or immortal child personas, it kinda adds a new layer to them. I like it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          I'm assuming that by "threatening action" you mean "doing something that's scary" rather than "making the type of social influence roll that is called specifically called 'threaten.'"

If a player wants to spend their whole turn Doing Something Scary to demoralize a battle group, you should probably just call for a social-influence-roll-specifically-called-threaten for them, and treat whatever scary stuff they did as a stunt. Otherwise, there's no inherent effect for it, although at the Storyteller's discretion it may raise the difficulty of the battle group's rout checks.
                          I'm sorry this wasn't clear but it was precisely my question : what should be the mechanical consequences of a character spending his turn to do a Presence roll against an ennemy battle group when he has no charm or special power ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chausse View Post

I'm sorry this wasn't clear but it was precisely my question : what should be the mechanical consequences of a character spending his turn to do a Presence roll against an ennemy battle group when he has no charm or special power ?
                            With a threaten roll, you're not limited in what you can try to make the target do, as long as it makes since for the threat you're bringing into play to back it up. "Run away before I kill you," "surrender so I don't have to kill you," and the like are all possibilities, depending on the intent of the player making the roll.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does a practitioner of Nightgale style have to shout with each unarmed strike?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                                Does a practitioner of Nightgale style have to shout with each unarmed strike?
                                The descriptions of how each style tends to use its unarmed attacks are more of a flavor thing than an obligatory restriction.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X