This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

So how does the decision to exalt a Lunar or Solar work? Are the exaltations flitting around in Creation and when someone acts in a way that qualifies for exaltation does the exaltation relay that up to Luna or TUS for their decision?

Or are they cognizant of certain behaviors and actions that happen in Creation when they have a Solar or Lunar exaltation and then beam/send/attach/whatever the exaltation to the person?

Also, what happens if Luna and TUS want to exalt the same person? Do they give the mortal the choice of which path to go down? Or resolve the conflict before either of them approach or exalt the mortal?
    The specifics of that aren't something we're going to get into, as they're irrelevant to actual play.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
      Are ghost blooded automatically considered creatures of darkness?
      Not by default, unless the Storyteller decides they are.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
        When Naked Fang Draw says you are "adding (Essence or two, whichever is greater) successes to the result, and allowing the Exalt to shift successes from her Initiative pool directly into that of her Offhand Charge."

Does it mean only those successes added by the charm, or can you shift any number of successes from your join battle directly to charge?

Say if you're essence 2 dex 5 and roll 8 successes, could you shift 7 successes at once and start combat with charge 7 and initiative 4, or are you capped at moving only 2 successes?
        You can shift however many successes you want, limited only by the capacity of your Offhand Charge pool.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          What's the WoG on Gaia's charmset? I hear rumours of selective mass extinctions being a thing.
          Primordial Charm sets aren't a thing we have any plans for.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Illaden View Post
            Hypnotic Tongue Technique is a indefinite charm without the keyword stackable but the question is... Can I have multiply effects going on different people
            Say one person have x instruction and another have Y.
            Since it doesn't have stackable I assume not but would need a clarification
            Yeah—as a general rule, you can have something on multiple people as long as you aren't stacking multiple instances on any given target.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
              What about and Hekatonkhire(?) or other sub-entities they might generate? Could these potentially be lucid(-ish)?
              It's a possibility, but don't take that as me saying "emanations of the Neverborn that are person-like enough to talk to" are guaranteed to show up in the line.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                Are Infernal Exalted in 3e going to be able to cast Summon Elemental?

In 2e, Infernals weren't allowed to use that spell due to "incompatible Essence," which was sort of vague, and also didn't really explain why they were barred from that particular spell but not any other spells involving the Gaian elements. (I suspect the Doylist reason was that since Infernal sorcery had fewer restrictions on demon summoning, it needed some kind of balancing drawback, but I don't recall any of the writers of that book commenting on the matter.)
                We haven't gotten that far along in design, but I'd expect they can.

...For that matter, is there going to be anything interesting or unique about Infernal sorcery in general?
                That would manifest through individual Charms (or possibly aspects of a shintai).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerredai View Post
                  Judge's Ear Technique (core, pg. 312) says "Any magic which contests this effect goes to a roll-off against the Lawgiver’s (Perception + Investigation), with (Essence) automatic successes on the
                  Solar’s roll, and 1s in the opposed roll acting as 10s to the Solar’s result."

But when someone's lying to you, aren't you usually rolling against their Guile? Guile is a static value, there's no 1s in any pool to act as 10s on the Solar's result.
                  The roll-off provision is envisioning coming into play against a Charm like Whispering Silver Serpent in Lunar Manipulation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
                    I had a question about the Solar Socialize charms Heart-Eclipsing Shroud and Hundred-Faced Stranger. Hundred-Faced Stranger lets you create customized sets of Abilities for each persona. Now, the charm says that the personas share the charms of the main personality that they meet the Ability prerequisites for. Now, with Hundred-Faced Stranger, it's possible to create a persona with less than 5 dots in Socialize, who would thus not meet the minimums for Heart-Eclipsing Shroud. Heart-Eclipsing Shroud is worded as being permanent, but with a surcharge to switch between personas, including switching back to the "main" personality. Does this mean that if you create a persona with less than 5 dots in Socialize, switching into it means you can't access Heart-Eclipsing Shroud, effectively "losing yourself" inside the persona? Or do you think it's reasonable to say that a persona can always use Heart-Eclipsing Shroud to revert back to the "real" personality, even if they don't have the Socialize dots required?
                    I think they should be able to switch back even if they don't have Socialize 5, because that would be an unfun constraint on designing personas.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                      Can you use Tyrant Mouse Dominion to have both the Giant merit and the Miniscule Merit at the same time? Similarly with Mountainous Spirit Expression to have both the Giant and Legendary Size merits.
                      Sure, you could be a larger-than-usual rat or tyrant lizard.

How do Eclipses learn the charms of spirits etc? Can they simply learn them, do they need to be aware they exist, do they need to be taught by someone who already has the charm, or do they need to be taught by the spirit (etc) from whence the charm originates.
                      The spirit has to teach you.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• what is a shintai again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                          what is a shintai again?
                          Special "final form" transformations Infernals have. The introduction of them that I've written for the upcoming Storyteller's Guide goes into more detail.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Special "final form" transformations Infernals have. The introduction of them that I've written for the upcoming Storyteller's Guide goes into more detail.
                            Looking forward to the guide then, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Only dice added by the Strength Excellency count towards the cap on how much you can add to damage rolls. Same's true with the Stamina Excellency and adding to soak.

So Techically. With DBT I will have the possibility of adding another 5 dice to my withering attack with the strength excellency with an appropriate stunt
                              So I will have 10 extra dice to add to my withering damage roll?
                              Last edited by Illaden; 09-28-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Certain effects (such as Blessing of Anton) allow non-exalt to gain charm dice to a roll. Is there a rough rule of thumb for how many charm dice a non-exalt can add to a roll?

Comment

Working...
                                X