X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    For the sake of sanity, let's say no.
    Okay, that makes sense. I have another question regarding Tireless Learner Method. Can you use it multiple times in a single Flowing Mind Prana XP roll?

I believe so but I wish to double check.

Comment

• Robert, I'm not sure how to feel about Lunar Shadow-Mind Meditation.

What if your character is not Dr. Jekyll, but already Mr. Hyde?

Does your character then begin to spend most of his time in the shadow-mindset, treating it as his true self so that he can be more successfully resolved in his native cynicism, while painfully redefining his old Mr. Hyde self into a brand new Dr. Jekyll? Eroding his negative Intimacies and cultivating more positive Intimacies?

Or, as Lunars are light as well as darkness, do Mr. Hydes learn a "Bright-Mind Meditation" which fosters a persona who finds it easier to reject negative influence and impossible to form such opinions voluntarily, in order to convince people he considers soft and weak-willed that he's one of them, now?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
        Robert, I'm not sure how to feel about Lunar Shadow-Mind Meditation.

What if your character is not Dr. Jekyll, but already Mr. Hyde?

Does your character then begin to spend most of his time in the shadow-mindset, treating it as his true self so that he can be more successfully resolved in his native cynicism, while painfully redefining his old Mr. Hyde self into a brand new Dr. Jekyll? Eroding his negative Intimacies and cultivating more positive Intimacies?

Or, as Lunars are light as well as darkness, do Mr. Hydes learn a "Bright-Mind Meditation" which fosters a persona who finds it easier to reject negative influence and impossible to form such opinions voluntarily, in order to convince people he considers soft and weak-willed that he's one of them, now?
        The narrative causality of Shadow-Mind Meditation arises much more naturally from Lunar themes than the converse. "Adapting an alternative perspective that's more positive, more trusting, more idealistic" just isn't a great fit.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Chronos12 View Post

Okay, that makes sense. I have another question regarding Tireless Learner Method. Can you use it multiple times in a single Flowing Mind Prana XP roll?

I believe so but I wish to double check.
          No, only once per roll—that's the general way that things that enhance rolls work.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
            Certain effects (such as Blessing of Anton) allow non-exalt to gain charm dice to a roll. Is there a rough rule of thumb for how many charm dice a non-exalt can add to a roll?
            There's not an established universal limit. For mortals, I probably wouldn't let them stack Charm dice from multiple unrelated sources; for miscellaneous supernatural beings, I'd pick a cap that's in what the ballpark of what comparably powerful Exalted can hit.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are there any Getimian QCs planned before the Storyteller guide? (i.e. an Adversaries of the Righteous entry or similar)

Thank you.

Comment

• Can you use Quicksilver Second Face to, reflexively, change into other Forms that are normally handled via Simple Type Charms such as Hybrid Body Transformation or Deadly Beastman Transformation? Edit: It seems this part got answered by Vance on the Exalted Discord. Quicksilver Second Face only applies to "standard" shapeshifting. Still unsure about the second part below though.

What about Many-Faced Moon Transformation? That one is not a charm that transforms one into a specific shape.
                Last edited by Musclewizard; 09-29-2019, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• So, one of the lines in Arms of the Chosen mentions this about the Unison artifact armor's first mien:

Originally posted by Arms of the Chosen
                  Unison and its wearer take the first step in becoming partners as ordinary clothing transforms into battle armor.
                  Does the ordinary clothing becomes battle armor thing mean the armor normally looks like ordinary clothing?

The description of it didn't really sound like that, but I'm also not sure how this Mien would otherwise change the armor's look. Is the description of it being a form-fitting chainmail hauberk meant to reflect the first Mien instead of the base state?

"Let us take men and give them the favor of the gods and use them as our champions against the Primordials, that we might overthrow them and play for ourselves the Games of Divinity."

Comment

• What does Unmoving Aurochs Defense actually do when you reflexively activate it as someone is trying to slam/throw you?

It clearly stops you from being moved across range bands but what are the mechanical implitcations of the fact you can't be moved?

1. Does it stop all damage from the slam/throw? (It seems like it would since a slam/throw is doing damage by moving you very fast into something and the charm stops you from being moved.)

1a. In that case does the guy trying to slam you still reset to base initiatve on a decisive slam?

1b. Do you get released after the failed slam/throw or are you still grappled?

2. If it doesn't stop damage from slam/throw, does it do anything but stop you moving across range bands?
                    Last edited by limaxophobiac; 09-29-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      The narrative causality of Shadow-Mind Meditation arises much more naturally from Lunar themes than the converse. "Adapting an alternative perspective that's more positive, more trusting, more idealistic" just isn't a great fit.
                      I’m not sure how the printed Charm is a great fit. What is it meant for?

As a mental defense it’s just as unwieldy to use as Heart-Eclipsing Shroud, which seems meant more as a disguise for your real feelings and identity than as a mental defense.

The Lunar Charm takes just as long to use, so it is just as awkward as a mental defense. And the transformation doesn’t change your Defining Intimacies, so it isn’t as good at disguising what you really think, OR protecting you from social influence.

Plus the awkwardness of the aforementioned “Mr. Hyde making a worse Mr Hyde and then living as Worst Hyde while painfully self-rehabilitating First Hyde into Dr. Jekyll.”

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

I’m not sure how the printed Charm is a great fit. What is it meant for?

As a mental defense it’s just as unwieldy to use as Heart-Eclipsing Shroud, which seems meant more as a disguise for your real feelings and identity than as a mental defense.

The Lunar Charm takes just as long to use, so it is just as awkward as a mental defense. And the transformation doesn’t change your Defining Intimacies, so it isn’t as good at disguising what you really think, OR protecting you from social influence.

Plus the awkwardness of the aforementioned “Mr. Hyde making a worse Mr Hyde and then living as Worst Hyde while painfully self-rehabilitating First Hyde into Dr. Jekyll.”

Have you seen Fight Club?

Comment

• Is there anything new you'd be willing to tell us about Exigents?

(Sunder the Gold Just as a reminder, Dr. Jekyll himself was into some pretty scandalous stuff. That's the whole reason he made his Mr. Hyde formula - so that he could act out his (admittedly unspecified) depravity under another identity. He's not changing who he is underneath. It's not especially a good example for your analogy.)
                          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 09-29-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                            Are there any Getimian QCs planned before the Storyteller guide? (i.e. an Adversaries of the Righteous entry or similar)

Thank you.
                            I don't believe so.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Musclewizard View Post
                              Can you use Quicksilver Second Face to, reflexively, change into other Forms that are normally handled via Simple Type Charms such as Hybrid Body Transformation or Deadly Beastman Transformation? Edit: It seems this part got answered by Vance on the Exalted Discord. Quicksilver Second Face only applies to "standard" shapeshifting. Still unsure about the second part below though.

What about Many-Faced Moon Transformation? That one is not a charm that transforms one into a specific shape.
                              It can only be used with the innate Lunar "turn into animals or other humans" shapeshifting. It's not compatible with anything else.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by senresk View Post
                                So, one of the lines in Arms of the Chosen mentions this about the Unison artifact armor's first mien:

Does the ordinary clothing becomes battle armor thing mean the armor normally looks like ordinary clothing?

The description of it didn't really sound like that, but I'm also not sure how this Mien would otherwise change the armor's look. Is the description of it being a form-fitting chainmail hauberk meant to reflect the first Mien instead of the base state?
                                Unison's default state appears to be just black clothing, although it's still armored.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X