Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question regarding dice adding for lunars. If I have a charm that gives me bonus dice on a roll, but its higher than my attribute limit, can i stunt a second attribute to get the rest of them? What if I don’t have the excellency in either of them? I assume if you just intend to use the excellency you need the primary attributes exy before you can stunt the second attribute.

Examples

1) Charm A gives me 4 dice, but i have only attribute A 3. I have an exy in it and a second attribute. Can I stunt to get the extra die?

2). Charm B gives me 4 dice but i have attribute B 3. I have no excellency in attribute B but I have one in a stuntable attribute, can i stunt to get the 4th die?

3). I have 3 in Attribute B but no excellency, I have 3 in attribute C and an excellency, Can I stunt to get attribute C to my dice pool? Or because i lacked Excellency B I can’t stunt for Excellency C?

Comment

• Reposting my questions about poison since I think they got lost a page or two ago:

If a Lunar's spirit shape is a poison-dart frog and they use Hybrid Body Transformation to grant themselves the Poisoned Body or Venomous merit, would it be reasonable to have them use the traits of Arrow Frog Venom instead of the normal Snake Venom traits?

Also, can an animal form with a non-Snake Venom poisoned attack (e.g. octopus, wasp) gain the Enhanced Toxin mutation via charms (e.g. Chimera-Soul Expression, Perfected Hybrid Interaction) despite not technically having the Poisoned Body or Venomous merits?

Finally, the Enhanced Toxin merit says that it can be re-purchased multiple times. Does this mean the 'Potent' sub-merit can be selected multiple times?

Comment

• So without going into details if you don't want to or can't just yet about the castes, can you share the Getimian caste names at least? I'm sure we're all curious and will want to madly speculate on parallels with Sidereals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
          I have a question regarding dice adding for lunars. If I have a charm that gives me bonus dice on a roll, but its higher than my attribute limit, can i stunt a second attribute to get the rest of them? What if I don’t have the excellency in either of them? I assume if you just intend to use the excellency you need the primary attributes exy before you can stunt the second attribute.

Examples

1) Charm A gives me 4 dice, but i have only attribute A 3. I have an exy in it and a second attribute. Can I stunt to get the extra die?

2). Charm B gives me 4 dice but i have attribute B 3. I have no excellency in attribute B but I have one in a stuntable attribute, can i stunt to get the 4th die?

3). I have 3 in Attribute B but no excellency, I have 3 in attribute C and an excellency, Can I stunt to get attribute C to my dice pool? Or because i lacked Excellency B I can’t stunt for Excellency C?
          Stunting to raise your dice caps will let you get those excess dice, and you don't need an Excellency to do it.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sasha View Post
            If a Lunar's spirit shape is a poison-dart frog and they use Hybrid Body Transformation to grant themselves the Poisoned Body or Venomous merit, would it be reasonable to have them use the traits of Arrow Frog Venom instead of the normal Snake Venom traits?
            If your Storyteller thinks that's okay.

Also, can an animal form with a non-Snake Venom poisoned attack (e.g. octopus, wasp) gain the Enhanced Toxin mutation via charms (e.g. Chimera-Soul Expression, Perfected Hybrid Interaction) despite not technically having the Poisoned Body or Venomous merits?
            Sounds good; I'll probably tweak the prerequisites to make that work explicitly.

Finally, the Enhanced Toxin merit says that it can be re-purchased multiple times. Does this mean the 'Potent' sub-merit can be selected multiple times?
            No, just once for each option.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
              So without going into details if you don't want to or can't just yet about the castes, can you share the Getimian caste names at least? I'm sure we're all curious and will want to madly speculate on parallels with Sidereals.
              I want to keep their Caste names under wraps for now, but I can say there's no parallelism between them and Sidereal Caste names.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• The zenith anima effect to transfer pain from the dead to their transgressors is very vague and never really mentioned in any story examples or text to my knowledge so my question is how should this be treated when it happens?

Comment

• So now that the KS is over, I am curious as to both your moods.

Are you more towards 'bask in the glory of another smashing KS' or 'rubbing hands in anticipation for what's next'?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
                    So now that the KS is over, I am curious as to both your moods.

Are you more towards 'bask in the glory of another smashing KS' or 'rubbing hands in anticipation for what's next'?
                    A chimera of "very happy" and "tired."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                      The zenith anima effect to transfer pain from the dead to their transgressors is very vague and never really mentioned in any story examples or text to my knowledge so my question is how should this be treated when it happens?
                      It's ultimately up to the Storyteller to determine how to model the effects of making someone feel the experience of their victim's suffering.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        A chimera of "very happy" and "tired."
                        Aside from adrenaline, what from a dev perspective is tiring about the Kickstarter? I was under the assumption that it was largely overseen by others. Was it just having a greater online presence than typical to answer questions and view feedback, or does more go on behind the scenes for a dev than I assume?

Sorry, my questions seem to be a lot about how the sausage is made lately.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

Aside from adrenaline, what from a dev perspective is tiring about the Kickstarter? I was under the assumption that it was largely overseen by others. Was it just having a greater online presence than typical to answer questions and view feedback, or does more go on behind the scenes for a dev than I assume?

Sorry, my questions seem to be a lot about how the sausage is made lately.
                          There's a lot of fan engagement, a lot of feedback to process, some behind the scenes work making any last-minute corrections we feel are necessary to the text and then making it available to James, and just a lot of emotional investment in the whole process.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Sorry we didn’t hit 300,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
                              So without going into details if you don't want to or can't just yet about the castes, can you share the Getimian caste names at least? I'm sure we're all curious and will want to madly speculate on parallels with Sidereals.
                              Ask me at a convention, I'll tell you.

Neall Raemonn Price
                              Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Neall will.
                                So a Question about everyone’s favorite sorcerous kingdom: is it reasonable to assume Ysyr has exalted among its ranks? Any particulars as to why it wouldn’t?(the dreaming sea seems balanced between Yenjn, Sorcerers, and Dragonblooded at my reading)

Storyteller Vault Productions:
                                The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol. 2
                                Patreon, with my own games, here:
                                https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                                My folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Working...
                                X