Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Lunar shape and cast sorcery in animal form?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
      Can a Lunar shape and cast sorcery in animal form?
      Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can a Dragonblooded Exaltation be stolen / put inside a monstrance like Celestial Exaltations can be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
          Can a Dragonblooded Exaltation be stolen / put inside a monstrance like Celestial Exaltations can be?
          Dragon-Blooded Exaltations don't ever exist beyond the life of the Exalt, as other Exaltations do, but that's not to say a Storyteller can't play around if they have a fun idea.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are we likely to see Crimson Pentacle Blade Style make a return appearance?

I'd be very interested in seeing how its mechanics translate into 3e.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
              Are we likely to see Crimson Pentacle Blade Style make a return appearance?

I'd be very interested in seeing how its mechanics translate into 3e.
              I think it depends on whether we have a good idea for it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Uncertain Sky Ambiguity is a special Instill action that counts the target as having a Major intimacy of uncertainty for the scene.

After that scene, do they have
                A)a Minor intimacy (because it was an Instill) of uncertainty? (Which may be eroded as usual)
                B)No intimacy, and they realise they were correct after all?
                C)No intimacy, but neither do they automatically realise they were correct? However, as the charm has ended, they might just decide they were correct after all, have someone/thing easily point out they were right, etc?
                D) Something else.

Also, as it's an Instill, I assume you can spend WP to resist as normal?
                Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 10-10-2019, 12:29 PM.

My Exalted characters:
                Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  Uncertain Sky Ambiguity is a special Instill action that counts the target as having a Major intimacy of uncertainty for the scene.

After that scene, do they have
                  A)a Minor intimacy (because it was an Instill) of uncertainty? (Which may be eroded as usual)
                  B)No intimacy, and they realise they were correct after all?
                  C)No intimacy, but neither do they automatically realise they were correct? However, as the charm has ended, they might just decide they were correct after all, have someone/thing easily point out they were right, etc?
                  D) Something else.
                  C.

Also, as it's an Instill, I assume you can spend WP to resist as normal?
                  Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thanks as always.

My Exalted characters:
                    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Here's a question for Vance.

I know Heavenly Ladder style was deemed too absurd for the core Exalted experience, but would you ever consider tuning it up and releasing it on the Storyteller's Vault?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• Can a Solar using Power-Snaring Image with Flashing Quill Atemi to change the target of social influence actually use it to turn some sort of written magic against its original user? Or is the original person who did some type of magic on the document more likely to notice and not fall for his own trick?

For example, some Dragon-Blooded merchant writes up a contract and uses Distraction of the Babbling Brook to insert a hidden clause requiring the other party to pay any and all bribes to the salt gods that become necessary in the course of their business arrangement. The other merchant, who is secretly an Essence 5 Solar, spots the hidden clause (paying three Willpower to do so), and draws her fingers casually over the contract as she reads it -- reshaping the words entirely, including the hidden clause, which now obligates the hapless Terrestrial to manumit his household's slaves at her direction.

Is that possible? Assuming it is, would the Dragon-Blooded "victim" be compelled by DotBB's Psyche effect to accept that the contract is as they agreed, or would he probably still be wondering where the hellthe hidden clause he wrote went and thus have potentially realized that the Solar used some kind of magic to edit the contract? ("Okay, the slave thing was pretty slick. Can't believe I let her talk me into that. But I know the bit about the salt gods was right here on page seven...")

As long as I'm asking odd questions about written social attacks...does Flashing Quill Atemi work on, say, words engraved in stone, or does it only work on things written in ink and such?

Assuming it's doable at all, how does FQA's target-altering apply to things like Graven Stone Edict (which can only be used to target an organization in which the Dragon-Blood holds authority)? If a Solar comes along to adjust the stone monument's text, will the result still only affect an organization led by the Terrestrial? Or must the Solar, when she changes the edict's intended target, focus on an organization she leads instead (as if she were the one activating FQA)?

Comment

• Do, for example, Falcon Stylists who leap a single range band down to attack suffer from Falling Damage because of this?

Comment

• Two questions on beastmen battle groups.

1. I can't find any rule against 6 dot merits but I also can't find any examples of them, so is command 6 (Size 5, elite troops, elite drill, might 1) supposed to be a thing or not?

2. Should 6 dots of beastman mutations be applied to the troop stats, or is that covered by Might 1?

Comment

• Mispost - please delete.
                              Last edited by JohnDoe244; 10-13-2019, 01:36 PM. Reason: Wrong thread.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
                                Two questions on beastmen battle groups.

1. I can't find any rule against 6 dot merits but I also can't find any examples of them, so is command 6 (Size 5, elite troops, elite drill, might 1) supposed to be a thing or not?
                                It's not a thing.

2. Should 6 dots of beastman mutations be applied to the troop stats, or is that covered by Might 1?
                                They have mutations, although for some it's not worth tracking. Vulturefolk archers are gonna want to have Wings, but it's probably not gonna come up that your goatfolk lancers have Iron Stomachs.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X