This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
    Do, for example, Falcon Stylists who leap a single range band down to attack suffer from Falling Damage because of this?
    A single range band fall doesn't cause any damage.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jefepato;n1340904]Can a Solar using Power-Snaring Image with Flashing Quill Atemi to change the target of social influence actually use it to turn some sort of written magic against its original user?
      [quote]
      Sure.

Assuming it is, would the Dragon-Blooded "victim" be compelled by DotBB's Psyche effect to accept that the contract is as they agreed, or would he probably still be wondering where the hellthe hidden clause he wrote went and thus have potentially realized that the Solar used some kind of magic to edit the contract? ("Okay, the slave thing was pretty slick. Can't believe I let her talk me into that. But I know the bit about the salt gods was right here on page seven...")
      Stunts are a good way to deal with this ("Oh, and I subtly altered the wording of the salt god clause so that it would never hold up in court.")

As long as I'm asking odd questions about written social attacks...does Flashing Quill Atemi work on, say, words engraved in stone, or does it only work on things written in ink and such?
      It's not limited by medium.

Assuming it's doable at all, how does FQA's target-altering apply to things like Graven Stone Edict (which can only be used to target an organization in which the Dragon-Blood holds authority)? If a Solar comes along to adjust the stone monument's text, will the result still only affect an organization led by the Terrestrial? Or must the Solar, when she changes the edict's intended target, focus on an organization she leads instead (as if she were the one activating FQA)?
      I'd allow either.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
        Here's a question for Vance.

I know Heavenly Ladder style was deemed too absurd for the core Exalted experience, but would you ever consider tuning it up and releasing it on the Storyteller's Vault?
        I don't plan to release anything on Storyteller's Vault. If I want to make Heaven's Ladder happen, I can just do that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          A single range band fall doesn't cause any damage.
          Just to clarify, according to the falling rules on Ex Core Pg 232, falling a Short Distance to the ground already does falling damage.

How does falling a single range band not do damage?

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post

Just to clarify, according to the falling rules on Ex Core Pg 232, falling a Short Distance to the ground already does falling damage.

How does falling a single range band not do damage?
            Per Vance here:

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

A fall from one range band above the ground is a close-range fall (p. 232), which doesn't do any damage.
            My guess is that the falling damage rules should really be using "number of range bands fallen" rather than "range to surface".

Comment

• For a business owner, does Resources represent revenue, gross profit, or net profit?

Comment

• When you are Grappling someone can you male a Gambit with the Savage or Drag option ? With another option ? I'm thinking about Disarm in particular, when you just intend to make your opponent harmless.

Comment

• Was Exigence a thing in the First Age? And could a solar have got their hands on a dose(?) and crafted their own Chosen?

Comment

• How much is gold worth in Creation, relative to silver?

Comment

• What happens to a Lunar´s clothes, armor, and other things she is carrying when she shapeshifts into an animal? Do they vanish, or should she remove her clothes beforehand so that they don´t break when she turns into a rhino? If they don´t vanish, could Seven-Colored SIlkworm Flourish, in Changing Plumage Mastery, be used to turn the clothes into animal appropiate "clothes", like a pet collar? Mostly so they don´t break. I was thinking about it because the character I will start playing soon will tend to turn into harmless animals to spy, and I want to know if I need hidden caches of clothes around the city :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
                        What happens to a Lunar´s clothes, armor, and other things she is carrying when she shapeshifts into an animal? Do they vanish, or should she remove her clothes beforehand so that they don´t break when she turns into a rhino? If they don´t vanish, could Seven-Colored SIlkworm Flourish, in Changing Plumage Mastery, be used to turn the clothes into animal appropiate "clothes", like a pet collar? Mostly so they don´t break. I was thinking about it because the character I will start playing soon will tend to turn into harmless animals to spy, and I want to know if I need hidden caches of clothes around the city :P
                        "When a Lunar enters an animal shape, any items or equipment that she is wielding, wearing, or carrying that she can’t use in that animal’s shape are sent Elsewhere. This includes almost all artifacts, although moonsilver armor will reshape itself to accommodate any form the Lunar may take, and some other artifacts possess powers that allow them to do so. The banished items return as soon as the Lunar takes a shape that is compatible with them."

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonberrian View Post
                          How much is gold worth in Creation, relative to silver?
                          Varies from place to place; throughout most of Creation it's only useful for ornamental purposes, and is typically less valuable than silver. Specific valuation is a matter for the needs of the scenario at hand (or fact declaration rolls).

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Trivia Kit View Post
                            Was Exigence a thing in the First Age?
                            Yes.

Originally posted by General Trivia Kit View Post
                            And could a solar have got their hands on a dose(?) and crafted their own Chosen?
                            No; the Exigence responds only to gods.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• What determines whether an Eclipse's business is "legitimate" for the purpose of their diplomatic immunity? Can an Eclipse fool spirits into thinking they are there on legitimate business when they're just trying to get close enough for a kill? Or does the protection not work if the Eclipse tries to use it with the intent to betray their host?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

"When a Lunar enters an animal shape, any items or equipment that she is wielding, wearing, or carrying that she can’t use in that animal’s shape are sent Elsewhere. This includes almost all artifacts, although moonsilver armor will reshape itself to accommodate any form the Lunar may take, and some other artifacts possess powers that allow them to do so. The banished items return as soon as the Lunar takes a shape that is compatible with them."

Thanks you! I didn´t find the passage!

Comment

Working...
                                X