Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Realm use just White Jade for its coinage, or do they use all colours of Jade?

Comment

• Bumping/rephrasing:

If your Resources comes from owning a business, does it correspond to your revenue, gross profit, or net profit?

Comment

• How do animal forms' Speed Bonuses interact with the Lunar rules about dice caps?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          How do animal forms' Speed Bonuses interact with the Lunar rules about dice caps?
          An animal's Speed Bonus is incorporated into its movement pools, so if you're using those, the rules just work normally.

If you're using your own natural movement pool, you add the animal's Speed Bonus to it. It's Charm dice.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
            Bumping/rephrasing:

If your Resources comes from owning a business, does it correspond to your revenue, gross profit, or net profit?
            I'm no accountant, so my grasp of the vocabulary isn't the best, and I didn't right the Resources Merit, so I can't speak to whether the listed income was meant to be gross or net. Given the relative non-granularity of how Resources is used, the nitty-gritty of the details isn't likely to matter much.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by imadaman View Post
              Does the Realm use just White Jade for its coinage, or do they use all colours of Jade?
              I believe it's all colors, although if Eric says otherwise, go with what he says.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• A Dragon-Blooded using Elemental Aegis "may use this Charm to retrieve the armor from a similar elemental manifestation, donning it as though donning it normally (Exalted, p. 591)."

What does "donning it normally" mean? Do you get the armor then need to take (Mobility penalty +1) minutes to put it on? Or do you don the armor automatically as part of the Simple Charm?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                  What does "donning it normally" mean? Do you get the armor then need to take (Mobility penalty +1) minutes to put it on? Or do you don the armor automatically as part of the Simple Charm?
                  The former.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    The former.
                    Thanks Vance, that was exactly my reading of it.

Follow-up question. Just so I can wrap my head around this conceptually:

What would you say is the primary intended benefit of the Charm? Like, what kind of Dragon-Blooded (character concept wise) gets the most use out of it?

It clearly hits Deeb themes, it's using the elements, it's doing something cool. But who uses it and why?

Like, Raging Fire-Dragon Spirit is clearly used by berzerkers who throw themselves into the heart of the fray caring more for their enemy's defeat than their own survival. Impervious Skin of Stone is used by anyone who doesn't want to get hurt. Who uses Elemental Aegis?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      I believe it's all colors, although if Eric says otherwise, go with what he says.
                      The books don't specify one way or the other; feel free to go with whichever you prefer.

We specify white jade coinage in the art because it presents a consistent visual style that's easy to convey to artists unfamiliar with the source material without adding to the art notes complexity budget. This can be justified in-setting as the Realm having access to a surplus of white jade, whether from the Mountain Folk and/or other Blessed Isle deposits. But as noted above, the books don't specify any of this; it can be disregarded at leisure if you prefer many-colored jade currency.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                        We specify white jade coinage in the art
                        You do?! I can't recall any instances of that.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

You do?! I can't recall any instances of that.
                          The only instance that comes to mind is the Ragara banker illo in Chapter 2 of What Fire Has Wrought.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• The fact that the banking/mint House is Earth Aspected may also be a stylistic factor, since Realm culture so heavily favors corresponding color of jade to the aspect of the wielder, despite nothing mechanically encouraging that.

One could easily imagine a Water Aspected House in some possible future usurping the Ragara niche through their bureaucratic acumen churning out black jade coins in their loans.
                            Last edited by glamourweaver; 10-21-2019, 04:12 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Where are Yatani's Children situated geographically? Are they among the Outcaste groups which will get more lore in Heirs?

Thank you.

Comment

• Relentless Lunar Fury states that the Lunar can't stop fighting "until all enemies are incapacitated or have fled."

Does this mean that the Lunar can't accept an enemy's surrender and absolutely must beat unconscious (or kill) any foe who doesn't flee, or should we assume that someone who surrenders is no longer an "enemy?" The latter seems more consistent with the Charm's overall tone (since it doesn't prevent intelligent decision-making), but I feel like I'm stretching the wording a bit to get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X