Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do anima levels consumed by Sun Swallowing Practice fade at the same rate a normal anima banner does? Or can you keep consumed levels suppressed until the time of your choosing? Would this allow you to jump straight to bonfire anima any time you like if you kept 3+ levels stored?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

Their odds are many times higher than the average mortal's infinitesimal odds, but still very low.
      Is it enough of an increase to justify things like the dynastic stipend? Do they need to adhere to the one child every x years policy thing (if that's an influence at all)?

Comment

• So a silly question for Halloween-

If I were to have an Halloween party, to which I would invited representatives of all the Exalted Host, what costumes each Exalted (including optional canon ones (such as Hearteaters), if you would like to describe them) would wear?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Tiger's Eye from Hundred Devils has the following merit :

Stone Cannot Bleed: A tiger’s eye takes one fewer health level of damage from successful decisive attacks using blunt weapons, but one extra health level from those using sharp or thrusting weapons.
          The Merit's name doesn't seem to match up with its description. Might there have been a mix up there? Usually something so hard that it cannot bleed is stronger against swords and weaker against blunt, not the other way around.

Edit : while I'm on the topic of Tiger's Eye, do they count as animals for survival Charms and Lunar Shapes?

Thank you
          Last edited by Epitome; 10-28-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Why do gods specifically want to be worshipped ?

I get the Cult merit gives you some form of power, but I have the feeling in the writings of books gods specifically more than mortals seeks worship.

Is it just their nature ? Do they feel a need for it, like us mortals feel the need to eat ? Does it give them pleasure ? Is it like "Small Gods" of Terry Pratchett where it literally gives them power and eventually raise their Essence ?

I often have my NPC spirits asks for worship in return of favor, but in the back of my head I'm thinking "What the hell are they gonna do with more worshippers ?", and I'd like to answer this question.

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

• Can Peony Blossom Technique be used to force clashes? It is reflexive.

Comment

• Could you tell me more about the sea of mind? Especially what kind of powers do Forest Witches gain in it?

Comment

• A few questions about Respect-Commanding Attitude:
                  1: When Respect-Commanding Attitude caps an enemy's dice pool, is that cap before or after dice adders such as Excellencies?
                  2: What action does the Solar have to take each turn to continue their performance? Miscellaneous? Simple? Reflexive?
                  3: "Convince them to stop" and "Hit them until they fall over KO'd/dying" are obvious methods of forcing the Solar to stop performing. Are there others?

Comment

• Reading the new Adverseries
                    Gleaming Gneiss is an Earth Aspect dragonblooded
                    with the following Health levels
                    -0/ -1x2/ -2x2/ -4x4/incap

My question
                    Were did those 3 extra -4 Health levels comes from?

Comment

• I have some questions about the new necromancy spells in Adversaries of the Righteous. (Nice to see, Manda/Emily/Eric/Steffie!)

Can a necromancer make multiple skulls to use Face of Bone through? So he can give one to each of his friends (necromancers are very popular, you know) and so forth? Like how you can make various tree faces with Spoke the Wooden Face?
                      Or are they limited to one at a time, and if they make a new one the old one no longer functions?

The example necromancer is Essence 2 and can animate a Size 2 group of zombies with Raise the Rotting Horde. Is it Size equal to your essence, or just 2? Ie is an Essence 1 necromancer limited to animating a Size 1 group while an Essence 5 necromancer can animate a Size 5 unit?

Summon the Shadow-Eaten lets you summon a Mortwright or other monstrous ghost of Essence 1-3. Does "monstrous ghost" include War Ghosts?
                      And I assume that regular ghosts (Honoured Ancestors, the pissed-off but not insane murder victim we're investigating, the PC's grandma, a dead PC, etc) need a different spell?
                      Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 10-31-2019, 04:20 AM.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Lunar conman Sinister Sam had two left hands. Had, because after that golden ratfink sold him out to the Wyld Hunt he had no home, no coin, and no left hands.
                        What happens to a Lunar's Tell when the Tell is tied to a particular bodypart and that bodypart is removed or destroyed?

Comment

• I'm playing a Thrown/Awareness Dawn who just picked up Thorn of Cold Rebuke. Stealth isn't really her thing, so I hadn't considered the charm before, but now I'm looking at Mist on Water Attack. And, yikes!

How does Mist on Water Attack interact with battle groups? Does the "Elected Targets" sidebar apply, even if a Mist on Water Attack wipes out an entire battle group in a single attack? I'm trying to imagine how "Characters ... who are killed will die in an unnoticeable fashion, determined by the Storyteller" plays out when someone has sneakily assassinated hundreds or thousands of your closest friends, and my thoughts drift further and further into parody.

Comment

• What’s a Metody’s dice cap? Does it use the same dice cap as the thing it learned charms from or?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                            Many Limbed Manual
                            Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                            My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• What's the game's expected pacing? We're 27 sessions into a game that's run over the past sixteen months, and it's day 82 in-character. With some lenient parallelization, training times are mostly tolerable. The exception is attributes, which require 84 days to raise from 2 to 3. That's longer than the campaign length so far. Is this abnormally compressed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
                                What's the game's expected pacing? We're 27 sessions into a game that's run over the past sixteen months, and it's day 82 in-character. With some lenient parallelization, training times are mostly tolerable. The exception is attributes, which require 84 days to raise from 2 to 3. That's longer than the campaign length so far. Is this abnormally compressed?
                                Not a dev but the following quote might help with your problem.
                                Originally posted by Core p.178
                                Treat these training times as a rough guideline rather than absolute quotas. Mentors and similarly skilled trainers should also reduce training times, proportionate to their skill at teaching. Likewise, these training times assume that characters balance their training time with getting other things done—a character who retreats from her other duties to pursue nothing but training could raise her traits significantly faster than the times given here.
                                Last edited by Epitome; 10-31-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X