Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm assuming plague rat prana doesn't work on the GC? Because otherwise a shogunate aged lunar should be able to infect people with it.

Comment

• If you miss with the counterattacks generated by Laughing Monster Form, do you lose the normal initiative for missing with a decisive attack?

Comment

• To begin with, please allow me to say congratulations on another wonderfully finished kickstarter! I missed out on the Dragon-blooded one, but have since managed to catch up with the backerkit preorder, and pledge for this one as well. As a fan since the original corebook first released, i could not be happy with the current direction of this wonderful game. I'm sorry if these have been asked before, but is there any chance of getting (or have we already recieved and I missed them) Evocations for "The Tomb of Dreams"? As well as if there will be any form of "discount" or Print on Demand incentive to buying all of the Adversaries and Creatures monthly pdfs?
        Last edited by Tlalchitonatiuh; 03-14-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• From a development perspective, how do you perceive Exigent Charms in terms of scope? The idea of developing a full set for each Exigent my players create is a little daunting.

Would it make sense to build as you go? Am I too much of a novice at customizing to see the big picture? I don't mean to bash the idea behind Exigents, because it's amazing and I'm really looking forward to the book, but a little insight into what you'd consider ideal practice would be great.
          Last edited by memeala; 03-14-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Are the lunar charms laid out in the previews a more-or-less exhaustive list, with just cleanup and balancing left to go? Or are there even more charms yet to come?

What are you all going to do to celebrate the successful Kickstarter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabirius View Post
              Are the lunar charms laid out in the previews a more-or-less exhaustive list, with just cleanup and balancing left to go? Or are there even more charms yet to come?
              They're an exhaustive list of Charms that'll appear in Fangs at the Gate, although the Kickstarter's added more that will appear in the companion, Many-Faced Strangers.

What are you all going to do to celebrate the successful Kickstarter?
              Relax a bit and proof The Realm.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by memeala View Post
                From a development perspective, how do you perceive Exigent Charms in terms of scope? The idea of developing a full set for each Exigent my players create is a little daunting.

Would it make sense to build as you go? Am I too much of a novice at customizing to see the big picture? I don't mean to bash the idea behind Exigents, because it's amazing and I'm really looking forward to the book, but a little insight into what you'd consider ideal practice would be great.
                That's a topic I'm planning to address in Exigents. You don't need to write the whole Charm set to get started — assuming your Exigent uses most of the standard numbers, you only need 15 to 18 — and a complete Exigent Charmset that's designed for one player doesn't need to be as big or all-encompassing as an Charm set that's designed to be used to make potentially hundreds of player characters.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Tlalchitonatiuh View Post
                  To begin with, please allow me to say congratulations on another wonderfully finished kickstarter! I missed out on the Dragon-blooded one, but have since managed to catch up with the backerkit preorder, and pledge for this one as well. As a fan since the original corebook first released, i could not be happy with the current direction of this wonderful game.
                  Thank you!

I'm sorry if these have been asked before, but is there any chance of getting (or have we already recieved and I missed them) Evocations for "The Tomb of Dreams"?
                  We haven't done Evocations for the artifacts in Tomb of Dreams, although folks ask about it from time to time. It might happen.

As well as if there will be any form of "discount" or Print on Demand incentive to buying all of the Adversaries and Creatures monthly pdfs?
                  It's been discussed, but the specifics of that aren't in my wheelhouse.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
                    If you miss with the counterattacks generated by Laughing Monster Form, do you lose the normal initiative for missing with a decisive attack?
                    Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                      I'm assuming plague rat prana doesn't work on the GC? Because otherwise a shogunate aged lunar should be able to infect people with it.
                      Safe assumption to make. It'll be explicit in the final text.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        That's a topic I'm planning to address in Exigents. You don't need to write the whole Charm set to get started — assuming your Exigent uses most of the standard numbers, you only need 15 to 18 — and a complete Exigent Charmset that's designed for one player doesn't need to be as big or all-encompassing as an Charm set that's designed to be used to make potentially hundreds of player characters.

Whew! That's a big relief to me. Thanks! Looking forward to that book so much

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                          Neall will.
                          So a Question about everyone’s favorite sorcerous kingdom: is it reasonable to assume Ysyr has exalted among its ranks? Any particulars as to why it wouldn’t?(the dreaming sea seems balanced between Yenjn, Sorcerers, and Dragonblooded at my reading)
                          The occasional Exalt might show up, but they don't have them in any great number — and if a Ysyri slave Exalts, the sorcerer princes could have a whole lot of trouble on their hands.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            In order to take a Merit, you need one of the shaping rituals associated with that sorcerous initiation. You can mix and match shaping rituals, as discussed in the corebook.
                            Heartiest Congratulations on the most recent Kickstarter Success!

So just to check/confirm, the core rule book had this to say on the subject Of mixing and matching Shaping Rituals:

The Charms that initiate the Solar Exalted into sorcery
                            also give them a free shaping ritual, which is how most
                            of the Chosen gain access to them. As a Solar sorcerer
                            rises through the three circles, he gains more shaping
                            rituals. These can be taken from rituals offered by his
                            original archetype, but by no means is he limited to
                            those
                            So does this (and I fully accept that I may be wrong, I admit to being confused a bit here) mean that you can Initiate via a Pact with an Ifrit Lord, chose a Shaping Ritual from another Initiation (work it in flavour), say the one where you Meditate from Talisman of 10000 Eyes but pick the Suzerain of Endless Flame merit?

Or does it have to be Ifrit Lord Initiation/Ifrit Lord Rituals/Ifrit Lord Merits until you get Celestial Circle Magic?

Thank you so much for the answer, whatever it may turn out to be.

Comment

• Is Space-Saving Concession Solar-only or does it also apply to the Awareness/Perception Charms of other Exalted?

Will Across the Eight Directions have stats for Haslanti air- and iceships?
                              Last edited by Sith_Happens; 03-15-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• How can a character learn more shaping rituals for Sorcery without intiating a new circle/taking a new charm?
                                Is there any plans to do a 'godblooded' book? Or for there to be playable ghosts?

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Working...
                                X