Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For charm calculations that use Intimacies, is the modifier intended to be a basic +1, +2, +3, or the +2, +3, +4 of Resolve boosts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichos View Post
      For charm calculations that use Intimacies, is the modifier intended to be a basic +1, +2, +3, or the +2, +3, +4 of Resolve boosts?
      It's +2, +3, +4 as per this quote in Core :

Originally posted by Core p.170
      Charms will sometimes become empowered by Intimacies, such as by granting a character extra strength to fight to protect his loved ones. In these circumstances, Minor, Major, and Defining Intimacies are “valued” at two, three, and four points, respectively—thus, a Charm granting dice equal to an Intimacy’s rating would grant three dice if keying off of a Major Intimacy.

Comment

• If a battlegroup takes up multiple range bands, and a character is in the middle of that battlegroup, can that character take a Disengage action to move out to Short Range from the battlegroup?

Or do they have to move through the battlegroup and Disengage once they're out from the middle?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• The Solar learns the powers in question instantly and as a matter of instinct, but may only learn Charms she has the trait minimums for. She can ignore the prerequisite of any Charm, however, and can even embody Charms which do not have the Eclipse keyword.
          Does Divine Mantle treat the Solar's permanent Essence as their actual score or 5, if they have Integrity Supernal?

Comment

• If someone is poisoned by some poison, and before the duration runs out is poisoned by the same poison again, do they roll stamina+resistance to reduce how much duration is added, or is the entire unmodified duration added?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFamiliar View Post

Does Divine Mantle treat the Solar's permanent Essence as their actual score or 5, if they have Integrity Supernal?
              "Charms in your Supernal Ability treat your Essence rating as 5 for the purpose of meeting the prerequisites to purchase and upgrade them"

Core 122.

Any variables still count your actual Essence as the value for effects and calculations.

Comment

• Any chance for the Storyteller's Guide to include example difficulties for mortals?

Comment

• Originally posted by imadaman View Post
                  Any chance for the Storyteller's Guide to include example difficulties for mortals?
                  Do mortal PCs use different Difficulties than Exalted PCs?

​One would think that the Core would have suggested that.

Comment

• Okay I've noticed that once again a lot of people are answering for the developers. I appreciate that people are trying to help but you're making it harder to find relevant questions that haven't been answered.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                      Okay I've noticed that once again a lot of people are answering for the developers. I appreciate that people are trying to help but you're making it harder to find relevant questions that haven't been answered.
                      Could you clarify what is allowed / frowned upon in the thread? I know you've explained it before, but the posts get buried in the hundreds of pages of these threads. Ideally if the posting guidelines could be somewhere easily accessible it could help keep things clear for everyone.

Comment

• Could you tell me about the Sample Shintai in the Crucible of Legends?

Comment

• 1. What is the exact condition under which One Weapon, Two Blows may be used? Does the attack has to lower the value of enemy's Initiative below the value of attacker's Initiative from before the attack or does the final Initiative of the attacker has to be greater than that of the defender? Does that include Initiative bonus for crashing or bonuses from charms?

2. Can Twilight anima power of binding spirits as familiars be used in fight? If so, how to model touching a spirit? For example, is it a successful attack, a gambit, a grapple action?

3. In the description of Zenith anima power for materialising spirits, we read: " All spirits inherently recognize the Unconquered Sun’s authority in the priest-kings and are compelled as if by a Defining Intimacy[.]" Does it apply only in the context of the materialisation order or does it apply generally?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post

Could you clarify what is allowed / frowned upon in the thread? I know you've explained it before, but the posts get buried in the hundreds of pages of these threads. Ideally if the posting guidelines could be somewhere easily accessible it could help keep things clear for everyone.
                            It’s pretty simple really. This is a thread where you can ask the EX3 Devs questions and then they answer them. Please don’t post answers or go off on discussions. Please, feel free to start a new thread if you want to go into further detail about something asked about here, or answered by the Devs. Thanks!

Comment

• We have seen so far that several of the basic, low-Essence Abyssal Charms are generally the same as their Solar counterparts. Sometimes with small or no difference, such as Elegant Flowing Deflection and Dipping Swallow Defense only differing in what happens to the point of Initiative, and Spider Pounce Technique being identical to Monkey Leap Technique; others seeming to have more difference such as Savage Shade Stylediverging mechanically from Hungry Tiger Technique (which it appears to mirror).

Is this intended to be a parallel between Solars and Abyssals specifically (in the vein of 1e and 2e), or is it something that may tentatively be anticipated to hold true (to some degree) with Infernals as well, being another form of Solar? —Or, is it also a matter of of Solar-tier core competencies being somewhat limited in their field of variation while keeping them relatively in the same league? There are probably only so many ways to spin the basic capability of "cheap, direct means to remove all Parry penalties," after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post

Following on from what Rich said.
                                I've previously encouraged people to quote the developer if they know they've already fielded that particular question because I know ultimately people answering for Robert and Eric just want to make their lives a little easier.
                                I'd suggest answering based on what's written in a book in the Ask a Question, Get an Answer thread. If you quote the poster they'll see the response in their notifications even if the reply is in a different thread.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                                Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Working...
                                X