Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the plan for Firewander? In 1e it was an impoverished district of Nexus, while in 2e they seemed to have added a Wyld zone to it out of nowhere. Is the Wyld zone going to still be canon in 3e?

Comment

• If I grow a Hearthstone out of my body as a Lunar, can I use it to power a Warstrider?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Question on Wyld-Dispelling Prana. Can that be used to defend against 'shaping' attacks by the forces of the Fair Folk? Can it be used to defend against non-Wyld based changes/curses to your character or those they defend with it?

Comment

• Can Element Resisting Prana reduce damages from the anima flux of a terrestrial exalted, as I remember reading somewhere that their anima flux was treated as an environmental hazards?

Comment

• To use a Hearthstone, do you need to be attuned to its Manse or Demesne? You did in 2nd ed, but I can't find anywhere in 3rd ed that says you do.

Does it matter if it's Steady or not?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• What's the protocol for a mortal dynast who draws their second breath as a solar or lunar, especially one that's esteemed or reputable?

Comment

• Can you resist Great Craft of Minds* with wp?

*From the latest Hundred Devils, one of the Raksha's charms that lets you rewrite someone's Defining Intimacy with a new one.
                Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 11-27-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Inspiring Web of Dreams, from the latest Hundred Devils, lists Destiny-Manifesting Method as a way to resist it's effects. But for the shaping effect to come up, IWoD has to reduce the targets WP to 0, which would leave you unable to spend the 3m 1wp to activate DMM?

Comment

• Is it the true that Great Forks has been moved to the west bank of the neighbouring river? It was on the east bank in 1st and I think also in 2nd? Is this a change or a mistake on the new map?

Comment

• So one of the new Adversaries entry, Siluris the Hidden Sting, has some new merits. These don't have any ratings listed, but the Pedipalps merit in particular would be useful as a mutation for Lunar hybrid bodies and beastman.

What dot rating would you say would be appropriate for that?

And semi-relatedly in that it also concerns mutations... if a Lunar picks the Claws/Fangs/Hooves/Horns merit with their Perfected Hybrid Interaction charm, do they have to pick one particular version of that? Say, Claws? Or could they choose with each use whether they want Claws, Fangs, Hooves, or Horns?

"Let us take men and give them the favor of the gods and use them as our champions against the Primordials, that we might overthrow them and play for ourselves the Games of Divinity."

Comment

• Are Impinging Web of Dreams and Crippling Destiny Millstone, from the latest Adversaries, supposed to have Shaping as a tag? Thought that tag was no longer a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          It seems that, in my hubris, I've let the original Ask the Devs thread get a bit too long. If y'all wouldn't mind posting any new questions here.

Thread rules
                          -Please don't answer another forum user's questions in this thread to avoid clutter. If you quote them then the response will show up in their notifications reardless of where it is.
                          -You can quote/link to an instance of a developer answering the same question. It saves them time and lets them focus on newer questions.

Thanks everyone.
                          ~Lioness
                          Hi Rob, keep up the good work! I was just wondering from another thread, at the moment do you know if Basphomy in Verdigris from the Infernals preview is still on track to be an iconic character or not? I just thought it was great NPC concept I was hoping to use in my games.

Comment

• Are 'Negating' and 'Ignoring' Onslaught penalties meaningfully different?

For instance; Dipping Swallow Defense 'ignores' penalties, while White Reaper's Revolving Crescent Defense 'cancels' all penalties.

I had generally been reading these as 'canceling' or 'negating' actually removes the Onslaught from you, while 'ignoring' it means it still is there, just isn't penalizing you.

For charms like Ferocious Jab, this could matter a good deal. Can you confirm if this is correct, how to read Cancel versus Negate, etc?

Comment

• Edit: Ignore this. Found the answer in core page 260.

Is Kraken Arm Lash supposed to require an aim action before you can use it from medium range? Charms that require an aim action usually explicitly say so even though it is the general rule so I'd assumed it worked like Iron Raptor Technique, but unlike Iron Raptor it also doesn't say it doesn't require aiming.
                              Last edited by limaxophobiac; 12-01-2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Any chance of getting some previews of Exigents content?

Comment

Working...
                                X