Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually had a question about Exigents, but it's one that may have a spoilerrific answer that can't be given. I may also be asking it the wrong way, so bear with me:

We've seen examples of Architects in Revana Quinn, and a little further up the thread there seemed to be an implication that while "Strawmaiden" wasn't an Exalt type per se, it could be extrapolated as one with only a bit of difficulty. We've also heard of the Sovereigns of [REDACTED] now, and then there's a million little pieces of information all over the place about Exigents in general. But the core book mentions corrupted exaltations, which as I understand is being touched on in the Sovereigns of [REDACTED].

My questions are thus: Are those the only corrupted exaltations? Or could conceivably any Exigent exaltation get weirdly altered/corrupted/polluted/warped? Also, is it the exaltation itself which gets corrupted? The god giving it at the moment of exaltation? Or is it the exigence (exigency?), the "catalyst" as some have been referring to it, like you have a perfectly pure and noble god with the best of intentions but the only catalyst she can get a hold of has been passed around the celestial black market for gods-know-how long, so when she interacts with it it alters the gift of exaltation in new and horrifying ways?

Side note: My little lawyer heart is weirdly happy about using Exigent as the term for Exalts created out of necessity, because I keep flitting back to the "Exigencies of the Circumstances" exceptions for a variety of criminal procedures.
    Last edited by NevenkaNieroda; 12-05-2019, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Exalted Essence. Sounds really useful. Is this a real brochure of releases?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...5DACE1359DF7C/
      Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 12-06-2019, 01:55 PM.

I play...
      Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
      Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        Exalted Essence. Sounds really useful. Is this a real brochure of releases?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...5DACE1359DF7C/
        Yes, it's real. The announcement was earlier today at PAX Unplugged.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by NevenkaNieroda View Post
          I actually had a question about Exigents, but it's one that may have a spoilerrific answer that can't be given. I may also be asking it the wrong way, so bear with me:

We've seen examples of Architects in Revana Quinn, and a little further up the thread there seemed to be an implication that while "Strawmaiden" wasn't an Exalt type per se, it could be extrapolated as one with only a bit of difficulty. We've also heard of the Sovereigns of [REDACTED] now, and then there's a million little pieces of information all over the place about Exigents in general. But the core book mentions corrupted exaltations, which as I understand is being touched on in the Sovereigns of [REDACTED].

My questions are thus: Are those the only corrupted exaltations? Or could conceivably any Exigent exaltation get weirdly altered/corrupted/polluted/warped?
          Any Exigent empowered by more than one god is potentially subject to such instability.

Originally posted by NevenkaNieroda View Post
          Also, is it the exaltation itself which gets corrupted? The god giving it at the moment of exaltation? Or is it the exigence (exigency?),
          It's basically a matter of dissonance between the natures of the various gods who've contributed their Essence to the Exigence. It doesn't affect the gods in question, just the Exigent thus empowered.

Originally posted by NevenkaNieroda View Post
          the "catalyst" as some have been referring to it, like you have a perfectly pure and noble god with the best of intentions but the only catalyst she can get a hold of has been passed around the celestial black market for gods-know-how long, so when she interacts with it it alters the gift of exaltation in new and horrifying ways?
          Because it's a matter of dissonance rather than a matter of corruption vs. purity, an Exigent empowered by two evil and corrupt gods with very similar natures won't be as twisted as an Exigent empowered by two well-intentioned gods with wildly divergent natures.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
            Any chance of getting some previews of Exigents content?
            That's up to Onyx Path. If we do pre-Kickstarter previews, though, it's not going to be for a couple months anyway, as Exigents is still in second drafts. We won't preview anything until we've had a chance to start developing the manuscript.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitar Longcat View Post
              Hi Rob, keep up the good work! I was just wondering from another thread, at the moment do you know if Basphomy in Verdigris from the Infernals preview is still on track to be an iconic character or not? I just thought it was great NPC concept I was hoping to use in my games.
              We're not sure if Basphomy will appear in the text; Infernals is a few years off, and we're not going to nail down things like that so far in advance.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by light-hero View Post
                Is it the true that Great Forks has been moved to the west bank of the neighbouring river? It was on the east bank in 1st and I think also in 2nd? Is this a change or a mistake on the new map?
                Not sure what the previous developers had in mind when they laid out the 3e map. We'll figure out where Great Forks goes when we do an actual write-up of the city.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                  What's the protocol for a mortal dynast who draws their second breath as a solar or lunar, especially one that's esteemed or reputable?
                  Having one's kinfolk become Anathema is scandalous, but not nearly as much as being caught trying to cover it up. So the Dynast's household and Great House will probably try to kill them quietly, rather than risk having the Wyld Hunt spread the new Anathema's name far and wide. (And in many cases, it might feel kinder, more honorable, or more pious to do it oneself, rather than leaving it to uncaring strangers or risking the deaths of bystanders.) If that fails, the next best thing is to publicly disclaim the new Anathema and make a big show of leading the hunt against them, for similar reasons.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    What's the plan for Firewander? In 1e it was an impoverished district of Nexus, while in 2e they seemed to have added a Wyld zone to it out of nowhere. Is the Wyld zone going to still be canon in 3e?
                    It's planned to be an impoverished district of Nexus, though we may or may not include some Wyld taint as yet another oppressive influence on its residence. We'll nail down the specifics when Eight Directions is in development.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
                      The Realm says that the Immaculate Monks know that Solar and Lunar Anathema are Exalted, but do they understand that term to mean they're Exalted by Sol and Luna? Or is it still, "they stole the powers of the sun/moon"?
                      Immaculate monks know what it means to be Exalted, yes.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• About Exalted : Essence
                        • It's in the brochure for 2019-2020, does that mean it's coming out as early as next year?
                        • The brochure says it will feature "many classic Exalt types". Are there any exalt types that won't be available in Exalted : Essence?
                        Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                          Immaculate monks know what it means to be Exalted, yes.
                          Does this mean that Immaculate Monks are fully informed as to who Sidereals are or what the Bronze Faction is? Cause if they know they are chosen of the Sun, then why personally do they make the decision to join a wyld hunt? Just belief in the prophesy the Bronze Faction told?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                            About Exalted : Essence
                            It's in the brochure for 2019-2020, does that mean it's coming out as early as next year?
                            I'd be surprised, but I don't know how things are going in its silo.
                            Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                            The brochure says it will feature "many classic Exalt types". Are there any exalt types that won't be available in Exalted : Essence?
                            The "optional Exalts" from the Exigents appendix won't be in there.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
                              Does this mean that Immaculate Monks are fully informed as to who Sidereals are or what the Bronze Faction is?
                              No.

Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
                              Cause if they know they are chosen of the Sun, then why personally do they make the decision to join a wyld hunt?
                              "Immaculate monks understand the nature of the Solar and Lunar Anathema. The Order knows that it hunts and murders Exalted, but believes that the unyielding perfection of Solar Essence and mutable chaos of Lunar Essence lead inevitably to insanity. As spiritually naïve mortals transformed into tragic monsters, these Anathema cannot help but disrupt and pervert the Perfected Hierarchy wherever they go. Better that they die quickly, before the corruptive taint of their undeserved power spreads too far. Few monks see the need to explain these fine details to mortals and disinterested lay Dragon-Blooded, who would only become confused. Only hearts of iron can provide the mercy that Anathema need most." — The Realm, p. 89

Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
                              Just belief in the prophesy the Bronze Faction told?
                              The Great Prophecy isn't part of Immaculate dogma.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                                I'd be surprised, but I don't know how things are going in its silo.
                                Is it being written by the normal crunch writers, or different ones? Since I guess it's a different system.

I play...
                                Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                                Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

Working...
                                X