This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by senresk View Post
    This seems to have gotten a bit buried between other questions, but one of the latest Adversaries entries, Siluris the Hidden Sting, has some new merits. These don't have any ratings listed, but the Pedipalps merit in particular would be useful as a mutation for Lunar hybrid bodies and beastman.

What dot rating would you say would be appropriate for that?
    I'm hesistant to say something in this circumstance, where folks might take as essentially official errata.

And semi-relatedly in that it also concerns mutations... if a Lunar picks the Claws/Fangs/Hooves/Horns merit with their Perfected Hybrid Interaction charm, do they have to pick one particular version of that? Say, Claws? Or could they choose with each use whether they want Claws, Fangs, Hooves, or Horns?
    You only need to pick it once to get all options (as long as they fit your heart's blood library).

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Moon-And-Sun Panoply allows you to learn evocations that your solar mate hasn't learned if used for the first time on an artifact you crafted for your solar mate.
      It seems like this creates an incentive for a lunar making an artifact for themselves to think of some argument that they're making it for their solar mate, in order to get the evocations. How silly can this argument be before the charm stops working?
      (I'm mainly imagining "I'm making this powerbow so it can kill your enemies. Since you don't know archery, you'll need someone to do pull the string back and aim and such. Conveniently, I know a person [me] who frequently works with you who knows archery, can use artifacts, but doesn't yet have an artifact bow".)

If you use Deadly Beastman Transformation and Moon-And-Sun Panoply simultaneously, what resonance level do you use evocations your solar mate knows at?

If multiple sorcerers know travel without distance, with at least one as a control spell, which of the following are possible:
      Sorcerer A teleports themselves and Sorcerer B. Sorcerer B then teleports themselves,
      Sorcerer A teleports to Sorcerer B, who then teleports themselves and Sorcerer A,
      Sorcerer A teleports themselves and person B to Sorcerer C, who then teleports themselves and person B?

Also, is the fatigue from being carried along based on your stamina or the sorcerer's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        I'm hesistant to say something in this circumstance, where folks might take as essentially official errata.
        If it's alright to ask: As an ST, not as a dev, would you have an estimate dot value for Pedipalps in your games, and if so what would it be? Would it have prerequisite mutations or drawbacks, you think? Just to figure out a non-official estimate for newer STs who are running for Crab/Scorpion Lunars/Beastfolk and the likes, without intentions of trying to make it look official or the One True Interpretation or anything.

Comment

• Death Ray states that "Each additional round of casting extends the range of the spell by one band, out to a maximum of six."

Does this simply mean that the spell's range doesn't increase any further after the sixth round of casting, or does it mean that the spell can't be continued for more than six rounds at all?

Comment

• Do creatures like Hobgoblins and other wyld-abominations like Haloed Husks count as Fae for the purposes of Demon-Drinking Fang?

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            You get the basic, standard write-up of the elemental. That probably excludes sorcery.
            Just asking since the current roster of elementals is limited and I wanted to know what was reasonable for one to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
              Moon-And-Sun Panoply allows you to learn evocations that your solar mate hasn't learned if used for the first time on an artifact you crafted for your solar mate.
              It seems like this creates an incentive for a lunar making an artifact for themselves to think of some argument that they're making it for their solar mate, in order to get the evocations. How silly can this argument be before the charm stops working?
              (I'm mainly imagining "I'm making this powerbow so it can kill your enemies. Since you don't know archery, you'll need someone to do pull the string back and aim and such. Conveniently, I know a person [me] who frequently works with you who knows archery, can use artifacts, but doesn't yet have an artifact bow".)
              I trust Storytellers to be able to distinguish when someone is making something for someone else from bad faith efforts.

If you use Deadly Beastman Transformation and Moon-And-Sun Panoply simultaneously, what resonance level do you use evocations your solar mate knows at?
              Neutral. Moon-and-Sun Panoply gives you Resonant access, Deadly Beastman Transformation drops that by one step.

If multiple sorcerers know travel without distance, with at least one as a control spell, which of the following are possible:
              Sorcerer A teleports themselves and Sorcerer B. Sorcerer B then teleports themselves,
              Sorcerer A teleports to Sorcerer B, who then teleports themselves and Sorcerer A,
              Sorcerer A teleports themselves and person B to Sorcerer C, who then teleports themselves and person B?
              All of those are possible, assuming the sorcerers trying to transport multiple people have it as their control spell. The penalty from multiple castings will stack, though.

Also, is the fatigue from being carried along based on your stamina or the sorcerer's?
              Your Stamina.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                Death Ray states that "Each additional round of casting extends the range of the spell by one band, out to a maximum of six."

Does this simply mean that the spell's range doesn't increase any further after the sixth round of casting, or does it mean that the spell can't be continued for more than six rounds at all?
                The former.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                  Do creatures like Hobgoblins and other wyld-abominations like Haloed Husks count as Fae for the purposes of Demon-Drinking Fang?
                  Yep. There's a sidebar in the Charm chapter:

“Fae” include both the Fair Folk and other Wyld creatures, like hobgoblins, silverwights, manticores, and buck-ogres. It doesn’t include humans and animals mutated by the Wyld.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post

If it's alright to ask: As an ST, not as a dev, would you have an estimate dot value for Pedipalps in your games, and if so what would it be? Would it have prerequisite mutations or drawbacks, you think? Just to figure out a non-official estimate for newer STs who are running for Crab/Scorpion Lunars/Beastfolk and the likes, without intentions of trying to make it look official or the One True Interpretation or anything.
                    I think it's more appropriate to ask for a developer's advice outside of their capacity as developers elsewhere for the reasons already stated.
                    (No redtext because I don't want this to come across as an admonishment).
                    Last edited by Lioness; 12-09-2019, 02:20 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• I am sorry if I am restating the questions too fast, but unfortunately last time I posted them at the beginning of your longer absence.

1. What is the exact condition under which One Weapon, Two Blows may be used? Does the attack has to lower the value of enemy's Initiative below the value of attacker's Initiative from before the attack or does the final Initiative of the a
                      2. Can Twilight anima power of binding spirits as familiars be used in fight? If so, how to model touching a spirit? For example, is it a successful attack, a gambit, a grapple action?

3. In the description of Zenith anima power for materialising spirits, we read: " All spirits inherently recognize the Unconquered Sun’s authority in the priest-kings and are compelled as if by a Defining Intimacy[.]" Does it apply only in the context of the materialisation order or does it apply generally?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanic View Post
                        1. What is the exact condition under which One Weapon, Two Blows may be used? Does the attack has to lower the value of enemy's Initiative below the value of attacker's Initiative from before the attack or does the final Initiative of the a
                        You have to attack someone whose Initiative is higher than yours at the time of the attack, and end up with an Initiative equal or higher to theirs after everything's done.

2. Can Twilight anima power of binding spirits as familiars be used in fight? If so, how to model touching a spirit? For example, is it a successful attack, a gambit, a grapple action?
                        Handling it as a gambit is probably the best approach.

3. In the description of Zenith anima power for materialising spirits, we read: " All spirits inherently recognize the Unconquered Sun’s authority in the priest-kings and are compelled as if by a Defining Intimacy[.]" Does it apply only in the context of the materialisation order or does it apply generally?
                        Just for purposes of that anima power.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sasha View Post
                          Do anima levels consumed by Sun Swallowing Practice fade at the same rate a normal anima banner does? Or can you keep consumed levels suppressed until the time of your choosing? Would this allow you to jump straight to bonfire anima any time you like if you kept 3+ levels stored?
                          Reposting, as this might be relevant to a future game session.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sasha View Post
                            Do anima levels consumed by Sun Swallowing Practice fade at the same rate a normal anima banner does? Or can you keep consumed levels suppressed until the time of your choosing? Would this allow you to jump straight to bonfire anima any time you like if you kept 3+ levels stored?
                            I believe the intent is that stored anima levels don't fade.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
                              Are 'Negating' and 'Ignoring' Onslaught penalties meaningfully different?

For instance; Dipping Swallow Defense 'ignores' penalties, while White Reaper's Revolving Crescent Defense 'cancels' all penalties.

I had generally been reading these as 'canceling' or 'negating' actually removes the Onslaught from you, while 'ignoring' it means it still is there, just isn't penalizing you.

For charms like Ferocious Jab, this could matter a good deal. Can you confirm if this is correct, how to read Cancel versus Negate, etc?
                              Reposting this

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                I believe the intent is that stored anima levels don't fade.
                                So a Night Caste who took Stealth Supernal can start a fight by giving all his opponents a -7 to their Join Battle rolls, so long as he maintains an 8m commitment and is willing to put on a brief light show?

Comment

Working...
                                X