Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When writing Exigents, did any ideas for comical/absurd characters come to mind, and if so, which did you find the most amusing?

On a somewhat related note, how theoretically feasible would it be for Regent Fokuf to be an Exigent Exalted of Underestimated Politicians?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
      Are 'Negating' and 'Ignoring' Onslaught penalties meaningfully different?

For instance; Dipping Swallow Defense 'ignores' penalties, while White Reaper's Revolving Crescent Defense 'cancels' all penalties.

I had generally been reading these as 'canceling' or 'negating' actually removes the Onslaught from you, while 'ignoring' it means it still is there, just isn't penalizing you.

For charms like Ferocious Jab, this could matter a good deal. Can you confirm if this is correct, how to read Cancel versus Negate, etc?
      No, those differences in wording aren't meaningful.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        So a Night Caste who took Stealth Supernal can start a fight by giving all his opponents a -7 to their Join Battle rolls, so long as he maintains an 8m commitment and is willing to put on a brief light show?
        I'm not sure if using it to penalize Join Battle rolls was ever contemplated in the design of the Charm. If that ends up overpowering, you can of course exclude Join Battle rolls from the penalty.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
          When writing Exigents, did any ideas for comical/absurd characters come to mind, and if so, which did you find the most amusing?
          Not really - for the book's purposes, it was more useful to take a serious approach to concepts even if they could be taken in a humorous angle.

On a somewhat related note, how theoretically feasible would it be for Regent Fokuf to be an Exigent Exalted of Underestimated Politicians?
          While the Storyteller is free to do as they please, my personal preference is for Fokuf as just the mortal who's in way over his head that he appears to be.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            No, those differences in wording aren't meaningful.
            so then, when someone cancels their onslaught penalty against an attack, does that mean Ferocious Jab gets no bonus damage?

Comment

• Edit: Nevermind, someone else pointed out the rule I was looking for is in the Traits chapter rather the the Systems chapter like I expected. Nothing to see here.
              Last edited by Reminiscent Oasis; 12-10-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• When thinking about the mortal contingent of the Scarlet Dynasty, about how big do you think people should be going for? Are mortals ultimately a minority there, or is them being paired off together and having more children in a shorter period of time a basis for their numbers growing rapidly?

I suppose it depends a bit on how long Dynast status might persist through a bloodline that is no longer producing Exalted, so I'd also wonder what the process for rescinding it is. That something like eventually only marrying them off to patricians, or there's a point at which your mortal great-grandaughter is informed that any of her children who don't Exalt by the time they graduate will not be added to the family register (in which case I presume they automatically drop to patrician status)?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• If a Lunar uses Last Warrior’s Unity to merge with a pair of Moonsilver Razor Claws (to use while shifted for example) is she really not able to take any action involving her hands?

I mean, Razor Claws are basically just fingerless gloves.
                  Last edited by prototype00; 12-11-2019, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• Searing Edge Attack does Essence extra Initiative damage (which you don't gain) if you roll any successes on your Withering damage. It doesn't say you actually have to do damage, just roll successes.

The essence 3 version of Spirit Strengthens the Skin lets you remove successful dice of Withering damage after they're rolled.

If you use Spirit Strengthens the Skin to ignore all Withering damage you take from a Fire Dragon monk's punch, does Searing Edge Attack work or not?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
                      If a Lunar uses Last Warrior’s Unity to merge with a pair of Moonsilver Razor Claws (to use while shifted for example) is she really not able to take any action involving her hands?

I mean, Razor Claws are basically just fingerless gloves.
                      Yes, but why are you using Last Warrior's Unity on a weapon that already can't be disarmed?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        Searing Edge Attack does Essence extra Initiative damage (which you don't gain) if you roll any successes on your Withering damage. It doesn't say you actually have to do damage, just roll successes.

The essence 3 version of Spirit Strengthens the Skin lets you remove successful dice of Withering damage after they're rolled.

If you use Spirit Strengthens the Skin to ignore all Withering damage you take from a Fire Dragon monk's punch, does Searing Edge Attack work or not?
                        If all your successes get taken away, it doesn't proc.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          Yes, but why are you using Last Warrior's Unity on a weapon that already can't be disarmed?
                          Mainly so you can use a higher accuracy artifact weapon while shifted into an animal as opposed to the less accurate natural attack?

So the gloves prevent the hands from doing anything action-wise? I guess they just stiffen up or something.

prototype00

Comment

• Couple of reposts as I think they got lost a while ago:

So my Night Caste who had a Warstrider and a Greater Hearthstone to power it died, leaving the Warstrider in the group's base. But it needs to be powered.

If one of the Lunar characters learns Radiant Basilisc Jewel, they'll grow a Greater Hearthstone, but it can't be removed from their body. Can it be used to power a Warstrider?

One of the other party members has his Hearthstone. Do they have to attune to it? Attune to the Manse? I can't find anything anywhere about needing to attune to Manses, so can you just pick up a Hearthstone and use it? There's precisely one Hearthstone that says you have to attune to it, the others don't.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              If one of the Lunar characters learns Radiant Basilisc Jewel, they'll grow a Greater Hearthstone, but it can't be removed from their body. Can it be used to power a Warstrider?
                              I'd probably allow a lower-level project to modify the warstrider in a way that allows a Lunar pilot's embedded hearthstone to power it.

One of the other party members has his Hearthstone. Do they have to attune to it? Attune to the Manse? I can't find anything anywhere about needing to attune to Manses, so can you just pick up a Hearthstone and use it? There's precisely one Hearthstone that says you have to attune to it, the others don't.
                              You don't need to attune to a manse to benefit from its hearthstone.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I just want to point to this question from earlier in this thread, because I'm curious about that myself.

Originally posted by Crop Weaver View Post
                                How does Mists of Eventide interact with / works on a Battle Group ?

Does Mists of Eventide affect the caster if she centers it on herself or at close/short range of herself ?

Does it affect allies automatically ? What about between DB with a blood pact or similar supernatural alliances ?

Comment

Working...
                                X