This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crop Weaver View Post
    How does Mists of Eventide interact with / works on a Battle Group ?
    There's not any special mechanical interaction - the battle group just rolls against the poison like any other character would, and any Initiative damage the poison would inflict is converted to Magnitude damage. Since the battle group can't be crashed, the magic sleep effect won't come into play, although the Storyteller can certainly represent the Magnitude loss as soldiers falling asleep.

Does Mists of Eventide affect the caster if she centers it on herself or at close/short range of herself ?

Does it affect allies automatically ? What about between DB with a blood pact or similar supernatural alliances ?
    Yes on all points.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post

so then, when someone cancels their onslaught penalty against an attack, does that mean Ferocious Jab gets no bonus damage?
      My interpretation is that Ferocious Jab still adds damage - the onslaught may not be applying to their Defense against that one attack, but it still exists. If a Storyteller feels like running it the other way, though, I think that'd be a reasonable interpretation as well.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Eric has said before that Heirs has been proving difficult to develop. Is Many Faced Strangers likely to run into similar problems?

and, if I may ask, how is Heirs going? Has it been back burnered to deal with Exigents and other bigger books or is it still being worked on?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
          Eric has said before that Heirs has been proving difficult to develop. Is Many Faced Strangers likely to run into similar problems?
          The great thing about challenges is that they teach you things.

and, if I may ask, how is Heirs going? Has it been back burnered to deal with Exigents and other bigger books or is it still being worked on?
          Without getting too much into behind the scenes stuff, we prioritized redlining on Exigents, as that's something the writers are depending on us to do so that they can meet their deadlines, but our current focus is on Heirs.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            I feel like that characterizes it in a way that in a way that diminishes its potential as a valid spiritual relationship. I think that's something that an individual Abyssal could explore, although it'd be harder for them than for an Infernal communing with the Yozis.
            Will there be mechanics for communing with the Yozis? I'd love o rp through that

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
              Will there be mechanics for communing with the Yozis? I'd love o rp through that
              I'm not sure if it's an experience that would be enhanced by mechanics.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

good point! but how would that happen in-story? Do the infernals pray to imprisioned primoridlas? do they have to something to get the right frame of mind?

Comment

• Will ronin Sidreals still be able to play Crusader Kings in creation, or will they need Heaven assistance to do that?

Comment

• So an Exalted Essence question here.
                    Will charms still be a thing in it? If so will they be similar (or the same?) to the mainline books?
                    And how much charms will each exalt type be allocated? (if you know and are allowed to reveal that of course)

Comment

• Not a dev, but the writers of Essence have said there will be charms, including Universal charms such as Martial Arts. (They didn't say how similar they'd be.)

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                        Will ronin Sidreals still be able to play Crusader Kings in creation, or will they need Heaven assistance to do that?
                        I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

I believe they're referring to the constraints of being a Sidereal has to being a geopolitical actor in Creation. Can they be a warlord or build and rule a state of their own or are they always going to have to work through catspaws and cutouts while they pretend to be just another advisor.

Comment

• What happens if an effect knocks a flying target prone?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

This is going to sound weird but to me as a GM, a rule also opens up a set of permissions. If you just say "sure you can commune with these god beings through meditation inside their world bodies" without rules I am more likely to lock up and be unable to decide what to allow than if you even include a really simple roll or something to initiate and two sentences for the storyteller about visions or something.

Sometimes with the more esoteric or abstract things it is weird to approach without even an easily discarded framework since it can be hard to wrap your head around stuff so far outside both lived and common fictional experience!

Comment

• Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post

I believe they're referring to the constraints of being a Sidereal has to being a geopolitical actor in Creation. Can they be a warlord or build and rule a state of their own or are they always going to have to work through catspaws and cutouts while they pretend to be just another advisor.
                                They've always been able to put on a resplendent destiny and do that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X