X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    "Not an Exalt, spirit, God-Blood, or other supernatural creature."
    Thanks, Vance So sorcerers and magical-enhanced people like Ku Nenaveya would all count as mortal then

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post

Thanks, Vance So sorcerers and magical-enhanced people like Ku Nenaveya would all count as mortal then
      If they've got a mote pool, like Ku Neneveya, they're almost definitely not mortals.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If a Dragon-Blooded criminal uses both Investigation-Deflecting Current and Exploding Evidence Technique on the scene of her crime, will the hapless investigator end up drawing the wrong conclusion just as the evidence explodes in his face (conveniently preventing anyone from double-checking his work)? Or are these two Charms probably not compatible at all?

("Phew. I got here just in time to spot that vital clue before the explosives went off!")

Comment

• I want to take a moment and just say that I love Exploding Evidence Technique.

Comment

• The Monday Meeting notes say:
            "This Wednesday, we will be releasing the final monthly PDF installments for Exalted 3rd‘s Hundred Devils Night Parade and Adversaries of the Righteous on DTRPG!"

Do they mean Final installments for this year, or are these the very last installments, and now the books are done?

I play...
            Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
            Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• I am confused about Lore Charms. Some make sense, like the teaching-based ones. Then there are things that affect the Wyld, which seem more like sorcery, and DB's in particular use it to generate attacks. What is the design space for Lore Charms? It appears to me to be, in some sense, a potpourri of things that just don't fit in the other abilities. Thank you for the information you provide.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

• This may have already been answered, if so, please don't hesitate to link to a previous dev answer.

For the charm Calm and Ready Focus (Exalted, p.349), that grants the Solar 1 initiative when she "successfully parries an attack while using the defend other action", does using the charm War Lion Stance suffice for this, or does she have to actually spend her turn taking the defend other action?

Also, happy holidays!

Comment

• Is there a scheduled date for the beginning of the Exigent Kickstarter, or does it depend on what projects are ready at a given time?

Comment

• So would any of these type of being count as CoD by default:
                    • Infernal and Abyssal.
                    • The floral and fauna of Hell/Underworld.
                    • People who has a high amount of essence invested in them by a CoD (such as Ku Nenaveya for example, assume that the Deathlord is also CoD this edition).
                    Last edited by Jen; 12-26-2019, 02:41 AM.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• So the Heartflame seems to be an elemental with in the power of a sorcerer to summon and bind at the terrestrial circle--what happens, however, if it's essence exceeds 3 while bound? Does it break free of its bonds?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                      Many Limbed Manual
                      Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                      San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                      My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                        Is there a scheduled date for the beginning of the Exigent Kickstarter, or does it depend on what projects are ready at a given time?
                        There is no officially scheduled date as yet; specifics are up to the folks running things at Onyx Path.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                          So the Heartflame seems to be an elemental with in the power of a sorcerer to summon and bind at the terrestrial circle--what happens, however, if it's essence exceeds 3 while bound? Does it break free of its bonds?
                          There's nothing in the spell description that says the elemental's Essence needs to remain 3 or below, so as written it should remain bound. The Storyteller may wish to rule otherwise, but if so, should discuss it with the player before the elemental is summoned rather than afterward.

I'll make a note of this to discuss with the Hundred Devils developer, and to consider more broadly if we get to write our planned book on sorcery.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• What are the chances that we'll see Dragon Armor in any upcoming supplement? I know DBs are kind of done with the Heirs to the Shogunate, but it's a pretty cool thing that shows up both in the corebook illumination for DBs as well as in a lot of the aspect book stuff that I'm reading. Or would it basically just be equivalent to artifact armor with whatever evocations we might want and not really worth making a separate thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                              What are the chances that we'll see Dragon Armor in any upcoming supplement?
                              It's unlikely; as you note, there's not much of a place for it in upcoming books.

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                              Or would it basically just be equivalent to artifact armor with whatever evocations we might want and not really worth making a separate thing?
                              Pretty much! The magitech-themed Evocations on Cathedral of Sublime Annihilation (in Arms of the Chosen) should serve as a good guideline of what that would look like; it's really just a matter of flavoring what are otherwise normal Evocations in a dragon armor-ish way.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Mela’s Coil in Arms also seems like a good analogue for Air Dragon Armor too.

Is there any cool artifact armor in Heirs?

Comment

Working...
                                X