Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you aim at medium range and your target moves to short range before you shoot, do you get the +3? (And conversely, if you aim at short and they move to medium do you lose the +3?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
      If you aim at medium range and your target moves to short range before you shoot, do you get the +3? (And conversely, if you aim at short and they move to medium do you lose the +3?)
      You get whatever benefit is appropriate to the range you're now attacking from. If you have to aim at all to be able to attack at that range, you don't also get the dice.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How long are Hundred Devils Night Parade and Adversaries of the Righteous expected to be? (Just approximately, I'm not asking for exact page numbers)
        Like, Arms of the Chosen kinda size, or shorter?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          How long are Hundred Devils Night Parade and Adversaries of the Righteous expected to be? (Just approximately, I'm not asking for exact page numbers)
          Like, Arms of the Chosen kinda size, or shorter?
          IIRC, each of them should be about the size of Arms of the Chosen; maybe a couple pages longer. (But I don't have the actual planned word counts on hand, so please take this with a grain of salt.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Sure, thanks.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Oh, small question on HDNP, will it be organised by section? Ie an Elementals section, ghost section, demons section, animals section, wacky monsters, etc.

I ended up sorting my pdfs into sub-folders because I'd always go looking for, say, an animal for Lunars or a demon to summon, and then have to sort through them all (not remembering what the names of all of them are).

Comment

• If a Lunar uses Many-Faced Moon Transformation while in their own human shape, does this disguise defeat spirits' Measure the Wind? It's a "deception created ... by Essence" and is Lunar shapeshifting (although the Lunar isn't committing motes to maintain the effect in this case). So, my initial thought is "yes", but I wanted to make sure.

Edit: I saw that you answered this on Discord as a "Yes". Thanks!

Of course, there's nothing stopping the spirit in question from recognizing the Lunar (or at least recognizing that they aren't presenting as what they normally are) through the normal disguise mechanics if the spirit gets a mortal-vibe off the Lunar.

Also, slightly contrived example: say you have the form of a person who's identical twin Exalted as a Dragon-Blooded, and now that twin has a different hair color, potentially different skin color, and might appear younger. Could the Lunar use Many-Faced Moon Transformation to imitate that Dragon-Blooded (albeit without the ability to mimic the anima banner/appearance/flux)? Is it a hard no, or would that be a situation where the attempt is allowed but with the typical -4 penalty?
                Last edited by Mynorin; 01-22-2020, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  Oh, small question on HDNP, will it be organised by section? Ie an Elementals section, ghost section, demons section, animals section, wacky monsters, etc.

I ended up sorting my pdfs into sub-folders because I'd always go looking for, say, an animal for Lunars or a demon to summon, and then have to sort through them all (not remembering what the names of all of them are).
                  That's the plan as I understand it.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Can single point shining into the void style be used to roll a grapple control roll when an enemy tries to grapple you?

Comment

• Are there some creatures planned in Hundred Devils' Night Parade which were not published in a separate pdf? Any spoilers what could that be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanic View Post
                        Are there some creatures planned in Hundred Devils' Night Parade which were not published in a separate pdf?
                        A whole bunch!

Originally posted by Lanic View Post
                        Any spoilers what could that be?
                        We've statted out a new Third Circle demon; that should be fun.
                        Last edited by Eric Minton; 01-23-2020, 11:25 AM.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Will Liminals get a Martial Art tailored to them(or more specifically, tailored to a special mechanic of theirs) like Dragonblooded have the Immaculate Styles that take advantage of Aura?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise
                            Senses heightened to supernatural levels by Charms such as Keen Sight Discipline have a chance to pierce this deception, but subtract 2 successes from their attempts.
                            What other Charms allow a person to roll to contest Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise? Are Solars' Sensory Acuity Prana and Lunars' Sense-Sharpening Change/Understanding the Prey sufficient, or must they raise to the level of Solars' Keen Sight Discipline (and the others) and Lunars' Prey-Scent Discernment?

Comment

• Might there theoretically be a way for a sorcerer to end up with more than one control spell of a given circle, or is "one per circle" probably an absolute rule as far as canon is concerned?

Comment

• Unrelated matter I just noticed:

While Fakharu's Seven Venoms Exhalation seems rather powerful, I just noticed that the poison only does initiative damage.

It seems like pretty much every other poison in the game (that I could find while glancing through the books just now) that normally does initiative damage, deals actual health levels of damage when the victim is crashed. Fakharu's entry says nothing about this.

Is this probably an oversight, or does Fakharu just spit a mild sedative that can't actually knock anyone unconscious (albeit in very great quantities)? (On the third hand, SVE is a withering attack, so maybe he shouldn't be doing HL damage with it even indirectly. I don't know.)

Comment

Working...
                                X