Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If use multi-attack charms to make several smashing, piercing, or chopping attacks, does the defense penalty stack? F.e.x if you Iron Whirlwind 5 smashing or chopping attacks are you at -5 to your defenses?

Comment

• A discussion arised about a Lunar that are using HBT+DBT, and a solar uses Eye of the Unconquered Sun against them and hit them

These part in EotUS says
      - All disguise magic is stripped. Mundane disguises tatter
      and melt away.
      - Shapeshifters are forced back into natural form, resplendent
      destinies are temporarily forced into dormancy,
      personas (p. 400) are suppressed, and other innate or
      native transformative magics of the Exalted are similarly
      deactivated.

Now does HBT+DBT stop working
      Also how does it interact with Many-faced Moon transformation
      And if a Lunar with Moonsilver Tattoos hides them. Will those be revealed as well

And is there any interaction with swarm charms that Lunars have?
      Last edited by Illaden; 01-24-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Is it likely that Toad Style will continue the trend of the Venoms allowing hook swords? Or should my one-day 5 Venom Master get used to punches and kicks?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
        Many Limbed Manual
        Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
        San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
        My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Blessing of Ahlat: “If an entire battle group partakes in this rite, they gain Might 1 for the duration.”

Is that with one Bride leading them in the sacrifice of one bull, or an all-Bride group sacrificing a bull apiece?

Comment

• Originally posted by Illaden View Post
            A discussion arised about a Lunar that are using HBT+DBT, and a solar uses Eye of the Unconquered Sun against them and hit them

These part in EotUS says
            - All disguise magic is stripped. Mundane disguises tatter
            and melt away.
            - Shapeshifters are forced back into natural form, resplendent
            destinies are temporarily forced into dormancy,
            personas (p. 400) are suppressed, and other innate or
            native transformative magics of the Exalted are similarly
            deactivated.

Now does HBT+DBT stop working
            Also how does it interact with Many-faced Moon transformation
            And if a Lunar with Moonsilver Tattoos hides them. Will those be revealed as well

And is there any interaction with swarm charms that Lunars have?
            Hybrid Body Transformation and Deadly Beastman Transformation stay on. The only shapeshifting that Eye of the Unconquered Sun will cancel is shapeshifting-shapeshifting.

Many-Faced Moon Transformation is a magical disguise, so it ends.

Concealing moonsilver tattoos probably counts as a magical disguise too, so same.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
              Blessing of Ahlat: “If an entire battle group partakes in this rite, they gain Might 1 for the duration.”

Is that with one Bride leading them in the sacrifice of one bull, or an all-Bride group sacrificing a bull apiece?
              I think it'd be one bull per Bride, but if you the Storyteller wants to go the other way, that's fine too. Cattle are not meant to be one of the resources players need to track dligently.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                Is it likely that Toad Style will continue the trend of the Venoms allowing hook swords? Or should my one-day 5 Venom Master get used to punches and kicks?
                Toad doesn't really scream "hook swords" to me.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
                  If use multi-attack charms to make several smashing, piercing, or chopping attacks, does the defense penalty stack? F.e.x if you Iron Whirlwind 5 smashing or chopping attacks are you at -5 to your defenses?
                  You take a separate penalty for each such attack, and they stack.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                    Unrelated matter I just noticed:

While Fakharu's Seven Venoms Exhalation seems rather powerful, I just noticed that the poison only does initiative damage.

It seems like pretty much every other poison in the game (that I could find while glancing through the books just now) that normally does initiative damage, deals actual health levels of damage when the victim is crashed. Fakharu's entry says nothing about this.

Is this probably an oversight, or does Fakharu just spit a mild sedative that can't actually knock anyone unconscious (albeit in very great quantities)? (On the third hand, SVE is a withering attack, so maybe he shouldn't be doing HL damage with it even indirectly. I don't know.)
                    All Initiative-damaging poisons deal decisive damage in crash, unless otherwise specified. By default, the decisive damage is lethal, so those that deal bashing damage will usually have the (B in Crash) designation while those that deal lethal will just leave it off to save wordcount, which I think is where the confusion arises.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Unrelated matter I just noticed:

While Fakharu's Seven Venoms Exhalation seems rather powerful, I just noticed that the poison only does initiative damage.

It seems like pretty much every other poison in the game (that I could find while glancing through the books just now) that normally does initiative damage, deals actual health levels of damage when the victim is crashed. Fakharu's entry says nothing about this.

Is this probably an oversight, or does Fakharu just spit a mild sedative that can't actually knock anyone unconscious (albeit in very great quantities)? (On the third hand, SVE is a withering attack, so maybe he shouldn't be doing HL damage with it even indirectly. I don't know.)
                      All Initiative-damaging poisons deal decisive damage in crash, unless otherwise specified. By default, the decisive damage is lethal, so those that deal bashing damage will usually have the (B in Crash) designation while those that deal lethal will just leave it off to save wordcount, which I think is where the confusion arises.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Might there theoretically be a way for a sorcerer to end up with more than one control spell of a given circle, or is "one per circle" probably an absolute rule as far as canon is concerned?
                        I think there's a hearthstone in Arms of the Chosen that lets you get an extra control spell?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Mynorin View Post

What other Charms allow a person to roll to contest Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise? Are Solars' Sensory Acuity Prana and Lunars' Sense-Sharpening Change/Understanding the Prey sufficient, or must they raise to the level of Solars' Keen Sight Discipline (and the others) and Lunars' Prey-Scent Discernment?
                          I'd say any magic that enhances your senses will qualify.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
                            Will Liminals get a Martial Art tailored to them(or more specifically, tailored to a special mechanic of theirs) like Dragonblooded have the Immaculate Styles that take advantage of Aura?
                            As a general rule, Martial Arts styles don't directly interact with splat-specific magic or effects. The fact that the Immaculate Dragon styles do is a commentary on what Sidereal sifus working together with legendary Dragon-Blooded martial artists can accomplish.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does creation effectively work like the northern hemisphere of Earth, given that the south "pole" is Fire, therefore hot, therefore roughly equivalent to the equator along the south of the map? If not, is there a more complex relationship between each pole, distance, and how it affects the world?

Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inertial Frame View Post
                                Does creation effectively work like the northern hemisphere of Earth, given that the south "pole" is Fire, therefore hot, therefore roughly equivalent to the equator along the south of the map?
                                Generally yes, for the sake of making assessment of things like seasons more intuitive for us Earth-dwelling player types.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X