This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Hybrid Body Transformation and Deadly Beastman Transformation stay on. The only shapeshifting that Eye of the Unconquered Sun will cancel is shapeshifting-shapeshifting.

Many-Faced Moon Transformation is a magical disguise, so it ends.

Concealing moonsilver tattoos probably counts as a magical disguise too, so same.

And what about Cunning Anglerfish Decoy, and Ant and starfish trick?

Comment

• Is Salamander's Tail Feint (Lunars, p352/353) activated when someone declares a decisive attack against you, or after suffering damage and deciding to take a crippling injury?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Hybrid Body Transformation and Deadly Beastman Transformation stay on. The only shapeshifting that Eye of the Unconquered Sun will cancel is shapeshifting-shapeshifting.

Many-Faced Moon Transformation is a magical disguise, so it ends.

Concealing moonsilver tattoos probably counts as a magical disguise too, so same.
        Excellent, thank you for the clarity. Just to follow on from this line of inquiry:

1. Would Moonsilver Tattoos be revealed if concealed via committing a mote by Eye of the Unconquered Sun?

2. Would whatever inherent magic that hides the Tell, normally, “be undone by Eye of The Unconquered Sun rendering said Tell freely visible? Would Subtle Silver Declaration be undone?

3. Do Moonsilver tattoos do anything to stop the effects of Eye of the Unconquered Sun with regards to Shapeshifted Lunars?
        Last edited by prototype00; 01-24-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Do I activate Deep-Eyed Soul Gazing when I'm trying to apply my Guile, and I get the bonus on my next Read Intentions in the same scene? Or do I activate it when taking a Read Intentions action after successfully applying my Guile?

Comment

• Now that Across Eight Directions is in development, I have a question that’s bugged me for a bit now: what sort of visual reference should be used for Ysyr? They have a distinct Melbipne vibe, but I’m unsure entirely what their corner of the dreaming sea looks like.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
            Many Limbed Manual
            Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
            My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
              Now that Across Eight Directions is in development,
              While it's technically in development insofar as second drafts have been turned in, we won't actually get a chance to start development until after we've finished development on Heirs to the Shogunate.

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
              I have a question that’s bugged me for a bit now: what sort of visual reference should be used for Ysyr? They have a distinct Melbipne vibe, but I’m unsure entirely what their corner of the dreaming sea looks like.
              Our current thoughts for Ysyr's visual references are a mashup of Phoenicia/Carthage, France's Ancien Regime, and (as you mentioned) Michael Moorcock's Elric stories and the like. Weird fantasy overtones should show up throughout the Dreaming Sea, though other parts of the region can be expected to draw visual references from different real-world sources.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Why does Essence-Gathering Temper not have any way to reset it other than soaking an attack? Most other similar charms have a 1/scene or 1/day reset, plus some special condition that must be met. Essence-Gathering Temper only has a special condition. Is this for some gameplay reason?

Comment

• Any chance the final Hundred Devils book could add Familiar ratings where applicable?

Comment

• If a Solar sorcerer uses Death Ray to carve a message into a mountain or fortress or some such, can they apply Moving the Unseen Hand in order to frame someone else for their act of destruction?

(This might be difficult if the victim doesn't have any obvious ways to destroy things on that scale, but Solar writers can be absurdly convincing...)

Comment

• So what exactly is the “Cold Iron” that the Fair Folk is weak to? I’m a little confused since wikipedia list several definition for it, from meteoric iron, cold-wrought iron, to just a poetic name for iron.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post
                        So what exactly is the “Cold Iron” that the Fair Folk is weak to? I’m a little confused since wikipedia list several definition for it, from meteoric iron, cold-wrought iron, to just a poetic name for iron.
                        It's just a poetic name for iron.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                          If a Solar sorcerer uses Death Ray to carve a message into a mountain or fortress or some such, can they apply Moving the Unseen Hand in order to frame someone else for their act of destruction?

(This might be difficult if the victim doesn't have any obvious ways to destroy things on that scale, but Solar writers can be absurdly convincing...)
                          Moving the Unseen Hand's Simple type means you can't.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by habitableexoplanet View Post
                            Why does Essence-Gathering Temper not have any way to reset it other than soaking an attack? Most other similar charms have a 1/scene or 1/day reset, plus some special condition that must be met. Essence-Gathering Temper only has a special condition. Is this for some gameplay reason?
                            I wasn't involved in the design or development of that Charm, so I don't have any insight to offer beyond speculation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                              Do I activate Deep-Eyed Soul Gazing when I'm trying to apply my Guile, and I get the bonus on my next Read Intentions in the same scene? Or do I activate it when taking a Read Intentions action after successfully applying my Guile?
                              When you apply your Guile.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
                                1. Would Moonsilver Tattoos be revealed if concealed via committing a mote by Eye of the Unconquered Sun?
                                Yeah, since that's a magical disguise.

2. Would whatever inherent magic that hides the Tell, normally, “be undone by Eye of The Unconquered Sun rendering said Tell freely visible? Would Subtle Silver Declaration be undone?
                                I'd say that the innate effect of the Tell isn't negated, but that Subtle Silver Declaration is close enough to a magical disguise that it'd get shut down (compare "it's hard to count how many eyelashes someone has at a look" vs. Innumerable Eyelash Facade Calculus).

3. Do Moonsilver tattoos do anything to stop the effects of Eye of the Unconquered Sun with regards to Shapeshifted Lunars?
                                No.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X