Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You dummy, youbrokeityoubrokeityoubrokeityoubrokeityoubrokeit youbrokeityoubrokeityoubrokeit

Is there ever a chance we could get a better system term than "Derangement"?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Lunar charm Silver Curtain Parted: Among other things, it allows to "cross a boundary between realms of existence" and the difficulty for crossing barriers which were not created by a single entity with an Essence rating is chosen from between 1-5 (so practically speaking it's an almost guaranteed success for a dedicated Lunar).

My question is how unrestricted this is meant to be. I assume that the intent is to go to Wyld, Malfeas, Underworld, and Yu-shan, but what about more exotic places? Would you allow to create such passages to Zen-Mu, Autochtonia, Oramus's world or, assuming that these are taken to be legitimate "other realms of existence" in a given campaign: Yatani's children world or worlds behind the well of Udr?

If this is not completely unrestricted which realms of existence would you allow to be reached using this charm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanic View Post
        Lunar charm Silver Curtain Parted: Among other things, it allows to "cross a boundary between realms of existence" and the difficulty for crossing barriers which were not created by a single entity with an Essence rating is chosen from between 1-5 (so practically speaking it's an almost guaranteed success for a dedicated Lunar).

My question is how unrestricted this is meant to be. I assume that the intent is to go to Wyld, Malfeas, Underworld, and Yu-shan, but what about more exotic places? Would you allow to create such passages to Zen-Mu, Autochtonia, Oramus's world or, assuming that these are taken to be legitimate "other realms of existence" in a given campaign: Yatani's children world or worlds behind the well of Udr?

If this is not completely unrestricted which realms of existence would you allow to be reached using this charm?
        It doesn't allow you to create new passages, but to pass through already-existing ones that you wouldn't normally be able to (e.g. spirit sanctums).

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          You dummy, youbrokeityoubrokeityoubrokeityoubrokeityoubrokeit youbrokeityoubrokeityoubrokeit

Is there ever a chance we could get a better system term than "Derangement"?
          While I'd love to, replacing a system term that's used in the core and multiple books going forward from it poses some substantial complications.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
            A Lunar using Locust-and-Starling Legion adds (Size) dice to attack rolls, gets +(Size) soak, etc. Do the dice from Size count as dice added by a Charm?

I realize the general rule is that everything counts unless specified as a non-Charm bonus, but I'm unclear on whether the Size benefits gained from being a battle group actually count as a dice bonus added by the Charm itself. If that makes sense.
            No, it's just a I'm-a-battle-group now bonus.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
              Does Step Between Seconds have to be used at the start of your turn or can you take your normal action first?
              You have to use it before you take your normal action.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                So I was looking at the Deadly Beastman Transformation Charm.

It specifically says that one of its benefits is that it adds [Strength] dice on movement actions, feats of strength, and Withering Attack rolls.

Since it says "Attack rolls" does this mean the dice apply as post-soak Withering damage?
                It's added to the raw damage, pre-soak. I'll make a note to change that wording for the final, if we haven't already.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Looking at the rush and disengage rules, can you rush somebody in Close range and reflexively keep pace with them even if they disengage? It says your disengage only happens if someone who disengaged you’re moves towards you on their next turn.

Some creatures like Claw Striders seem to imply that’s how it works.

Edit: unless it’s implied that the claw stridercan attack at Short range for the purposes of that ability?
                  Last edited by DrLoveMonkey; 02-03-2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                    Looking at the rush and disengage rules, can you rush somebody in Close range and reflexively keep pace with them even if they disengage? It says your disengage only happens if someone who disengaged you’re moves towards you on their next turn.

Some creatures like Claw Striders seem to imply that’s how it works.

Edit: unless it’s implied that the claw stridercan attack at Short range for the purposes of that ability?
                    If you rush someone at close range, and they disengage, they'll move back, then you'll reflexively move towards them, then they'll move back from the disengage, ending up at short range from you.

This is screwy for claw striders' Swift Advance, and for some other animal abilities in the core, because I misunderstood the rush/disengage rules and it slipped through the cracks. I'd say the best way to handle Swift Advance is to let the claw strider get the reflexive attack on its next turn if it uses a normal move action to come into close range with the enemy it previously rushed.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      If you rush someone at close range, and they disengage, they'll move back, then you'll reflexively move towards them, then they'll move back from the disengage, ending up at short range from you.

This is screwy for claw striders' Swift Advance, and for some other animal abilities in the core, because I misunderstood the rush/disengage rules and it slipped through the cracks. I'd say the best way to handle Swift Advance is to let the claw strider get the reflexive attack on its next turn if it uses a normal move action to come into close range with the enemy it previously rushed.
                      That’s a good fix, thanks!

Comment

• Would I need to breach the cockpit of a warstrider to hit its pilot with a Knockout Blow, or would crashing the warstrider with a punch be sufficient?

Comment

• Also, do demesnes still mutate those who live on them?

Comment

• We know that infernals will now have ability based charms.

Can we expect to see some of the old charms we saw in Ex2?

Join the Strife

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                              We know that infernals will now have ability based charms.

Can we expect to see some of the old charms we saw in Ex2?
                              Yep! The Infernal QC I wrote for Crucible of Legends has a couple.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                                Also, do demesnes still mutate those who live on them?
                                We haven't nailed this down yet. We want to draw a clearer distinction between "demesnes are places with thematic distortions of reality that mutate you in pertinent ways" and "Wyld regions are places with thematic distortions of reality that mutate you in pertinent ways," and figuring out the details will include determining whether demesnes cause mutations, and if so, how that differs from Wyld mutation.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X