Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Elusive Dream Defense work with regard to your dice caps? If its boost to Guile counts as Charm dice (as it doesn't say it doesn't), and I've got Resolve 5, Guile 5, and have already committed to Guarded Thoughts Meditation to get Guile 8, would it not be better to spend the 2m on Shadow Over Day to get Guile 10 and get the 2m back from Preeminent Gala Knife if I succeed?
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-11-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      How does Elusive Dream Defense work with regard to your dice caps? If its boost to Guile counts as Charm dice (as it doesn't say it doesn't), and I've got Resolve 5, Guile 5, and have already committed to Guarded Thoughts Meditation to get Guile 8, would it not be better to spend the 2m on Shadow Over Day to get Guile 10 and get the 2m back from Preeminent Gala Knife if I succeed?
      It's a bonus from Charms, just like everything that says it's not. Sometimes you won't have Guarded Thoughts Meditation up.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
        I feel like this might have been asked before somewhere but I couldn’t find it, so I’ll just ask: would a hypothetical Int based reskin of Moon-In-Well Emanation to create a spirit from your shadow and requiring Shadow-Hands Invocation instead of Mirror Slip Trick be a reasonable Lunar charm?
        I'd be more inclined to make it just an alternate way of having Mirror-in-Well Emanation work, but that's mostly in the interest of not requiring players to juggle the book-keeping involved in having a magic sentient reflection and a magic sentient shadow.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Electro View Post
          What happens to the Protean effect of Lightning-Calling Challenge if the Lunar changes to a shape which the target doesn't hate?
          All that matters is the shape you're in when you use this Charm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Sometimes you won't have Guarded Thoughts Meditation up.
            In theory, you're right; in practice, I've played this character for more than a year without dropping the commitment to Guarded Thoughts.

​(It just feels a little lackluster considering the Charm has thirteen prerequisites and a once-per-story limit on it. But I guess it could be valuable on the Resolve side of things. Either way, though, thanks for your answer.)

Comment

• As Exigentes approaches,is it ok for me to ask questions about Umbrals?
              Very curious about 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                I'd be more inclined to make it just an alternate way of having Mirror-in-Well Emanation work, but that's mostly in the interest of not requiring players to juggle the book-keeping involved in having a magic sentient reflection and a magic sentient shadow.
                Granted, but if you don’t have Appearance favored, would the suggested Int based version be reasonable? I know the charm isn’t totemic in Intelligence by default, but it feels appropriate to me for Int to have its own “Create a Spirit” charm and this seemed like a simple solution.

Comment

• Can Sharing Luna’s Gifts be used on an animal? If so, could one grant an animal human style grasping hands and/or upright posture as Mutations? What about changing gender, would that work as a Mutation?

Comment

• Does Harmonious Lore Academic Methodology give you specialties that add 1 to rolls, or just more topics?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• What happens when you combine the Enhanced Toxin (Hallucinogenic) merit, which drains willpower in lieu of dealing damage, with Mamba-and-Cobra Mastery, which causes enhanced poisons to deal Aggravated damage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                        As Exigentes approaches,is it ok for me to ask questions about Umbrals?
                        Very curious about 'em.
                        You can ask, although I may not be able to get into all the details.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Granted, but if you don’t have Appearance favored, would the suggested Int based version be reasonable? I know the charm isn’t totemic in Intelligence by default, but it feels appropriate to me for Int to have its own “Create a Spirit” charm and this seemed like a simple solution.
                          It doesn't strike me as unreasonable for Lunar Intelligence to be able to create spirits in ways like that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Can Sharing Luna’s Gifts be used on an animal?
                            Yeah.

If so, could one grant an animal human style grasping hands and/or upright posture as Mutations?
                            Sounds fair. Just talk with your Storyteller to figure out the specifics and the dot rating for those mutations.

What about changing gender, would that work as a Mutation?
                            I'd let you use it to help with transition, although that's not something I'd charge recipients XP for like granting mutations does.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
                              What happens when you combine the Enhanced Toxin (Hallucinogenic) merit, which drains willpower in lieu of dealing damage, with Mamba-and-Cobra Mastery, which causes enhanced poisons to deal Aggravated damage?
                              It still drains Willpower.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                Does Harmonious Lore Academic Methodology give you specialties that add 1 to rolls, or just more topics?
                                The "end of story" effect grants a specialty. The "succeed on a roll" just grants a topic.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X