Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certain charms say when in certain circumstances, add a free full excellency. If the Lunar stunts to incorporate a second Attribute into the dice cap limit, ie: Joe Shmoe Lunar's charming good looks distract his target, making his attack more accurate (Dexterity + Appearance), is the free full excellency just for the original attribute, Dexterity in this case, or for both, Dexterity+Appearance in this case?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

• Hello,

The charm below costs 5m. It says the Lunar receives a full free excellency for a feat of strength. But didn't it cost 5m? At Strength 5, isn't this just like using an Excellency?

Rampaging God-Beast Puissance
      Cost: 5m; Mins: Strength 5, Essence 3
      Type: Supplemental
      Keywords: None
      Duration: Instant

Aware of the presence of her every muscle and bone and how they must come together as she acts, the Lunar bends the world to her will. She adds a free full Strength Excellency to a feat of strength.

Once per scene, if a successful feat of demolition enhanced with this Charm upholds a Major or Defining Intimacy, the Lunar gains one Willpower.

Thank for your help.
      Last edited by VRella50; 02-26-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Razor Dancer and Wise Steel are a pair of soulsteel short daiklaves with a suite of evocations that is, for all intents and purposes, a martial art style. Is it possible for an evocation suite to be a sidereal martial art style with all that that might entail?

If so, would this require any special restrictions on the artefact, such as always being a certain minimum dot rating or being a first age artefact?

Comment

• 2 questions :

-Will Crucible include advice for adjusting NPC stats when the PCs are well optimized for combat?

-Are there any plans to create official Charm cascades for 3e?

Thank you!

Comment

• Edited: Sorry, I forgot which thread this was!

Comment

• Can Locust-and-Starling Legion be used outside combat? Like in large-scale architectural crafting projects (city walls and the like) for example to speed up construction.

Comment

• Originally posted by VRella50 View Post
                Hello,

The charm below costs 5m. It says the Lunar receives a full free excellency for a feat of strength. But didn't it cost 5m? At Strength 5, isn't this just like using an Excellency?

Rampaging God-Beast Puissance
                Cost: 5m; Mins: Strength 5, Essence 3
                Type: Supplemental
                Keywords: None
                Duration: Instant

Aware of the presence of her every muscle and bone and how they must come together as she acts, the Lunar bends the world to her will. She adds a free full Strength Excellency to a feat of strength.

Once per scene, if a successful feat of demolition enhanced with this Charm upholds a Major or Defining Intimacy, the Lunar gains one Willpower.

Thank for your help.
                Lunars can stunt to increase their dice cap up to 10, so it's essentially a half-cost Excellency, similar to Legion Aurochs Method for Solars.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Plastic Doll View Post
                  Can Locust-and-Starling Legion be used outside combat? Like in large-scale architectural crafting projects (city walls and the like) for example to speed up construction.
                  It can. There aren't defined benefits for "I'm a battle group" outside of combat, but the Storyteller should feel free to have it help in ways that make sense.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
                    Razor Dancer and Wise Steel are a pair of soulsteel short daiklaves with a suite of evocations that is, for all intents and purposes, a martial art style. Is it possible for an evocation suite to be a sidereal martial art style with all that that might entail?

If so, would this require any special restrictions on the artefact, such as always being a certain minimum dot rating or being a first age artefact?
                    I probably wouldn't, because Evocations are designed to be used by anyone who might wield an artifact, and not everyone can learn Sidereal Martial Arts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by VRella50 View Post
                      Certain charms say when in certain circumstances, add a free full excellency. If the Lunar stunts to incorporate a second Attribute into the dice cap limit, ie: Joe Shmoe Lunar's charming good looks distract his target, making his attack more accurate (Dexterity + Appearance), is the free full excellency just for the original attribute, Dexterity in this case, or for both, Dexterity+Appearance in this case?

Thank you for your help.
                      It's both.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What’s your favorite critter from Creatures of the Wyld that hasn’t been adapted yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          What’s your favorite critter from Creatures of the Wyld that hasn’t been adapted yet?
                          That's a hard one! I'll go with Mokrelus, insofar as he was one of our inspirations for the Hearteaters.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Can you use the reflexive Special Activation rules of Flight of Separation in response to an enemy attacking you?
                            As in enemy declares attack (and maybe offensive charm) -> Sorcerer that has cast and held in Flight of Separation earlier declares that he uses it to turn into birds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

That's a hard one! I'll go with Mokrelus, insofar as he was one of our inspirations for the Hearteaters.

...oh dear oh me oh my i am excited now to meet these new guys.

But a question, right right a question.
                              Does Ysyr have 1 sorcerous iniation or many?
                              Will Across Eight Directions give us rules for the 10 Fathered and the Giant of Dis?
                              Favorite Exigent we're getting?
                              Do you watch Thunder Bolt Fantasy?

We know in the core that Ysyr worships Ahlat, but do the Ys worship other gods? Can you share one or two?

(why yes I am running a dreaming sea game and have a Ys character in another)
                              Last edited by Epee102; 02-28-2020, 09:07 AM.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                              Many Limbed Manual
                              Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                              San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                              My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• I have a question about Crucible of Legends.

Since Exalted Essence is getting the Neall asymmetrical NPC generation treatment, is there any possibility that the ST guide will see some changes or alternatives in that regard?

I mean, it wouldn't very convenient considering we've got like five books with NPCs written up the way they established in the core, but I do think Exalted's way of handling of ST characters could use some streamlining.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

Working...
                                X