Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I have Righteous Devil Form activated and am using my firewand as a staff, which Charms from Righteous Devil Style can I combine with other staff style martial arts?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
      If I have Righteous Devil Form activated and am using my firewand as a staff, which Charms from Righteous Devil Style can I combine with other staff style martial arts?
      Blossom of Inevitable Death (only the double 10s on damage part), Kiss of the Sun Concentration, Azure Abacus Meditation, Phoenix Flies on Golden Wings, and Caress of 1000 Hells.

(If you have trouble visualizing how Caress of 1000 Hells works when walloping someone, it probably involves discharging the fire wand and causing the flames to wreathe the striking bit.)
      Last edited by Robert Vance; 03-03-2020, 01:04 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        Is it reasonable for a loremaster Solar in a mixed circle to be able to use Selfsame Master Instructor to teach his Dragon-Blooded or Lunar companion Charms for their splat that are similar enough to Charms that he knows? Like, teaching Terrestrial Circle Sorcery and Ox-Body Technique to a Dragon-Blooded, or Celestial Circle Sorcery and Graceful Crane Stance to his Lunar mate?
        I'm fine with it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Using firewands to bludgeon people doesn't count as a staff, so you couldn't combine it with staff styles, but the Righteous Devil Charms that can enhance hand-to-hand attacks are Blossom of Inevitable Death (only the double 10s on damage part), Kiss of the Sun Concentration, Azure Abacus Meditation, Phoenix Flies on Golden Wings, and Caress of 1000 Hells.

(If you have trouble visualizing how Caress of 1000 Hells works when walloping someone, it probably involves discharging the fire wand and causing the flames to wreathe the striking bit.)
          If it cannot be combined with staff styles, then what about this bit in the Charm's description?

While this use is not compatible with effects that specifically modify ranged attacks, such as the range extension of Blossom of Inevitable Demise, it can still benefit from other Charms of this or other staff or spear compatible styles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post

If it cannot be combined with staff styles, then what about this bit in the Charm's description?
            Blargh, brainfart.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there a plan to revise Fehim? He's rather... unsympathetic, in his writeup in the Caste Book.

Comment

Is there a plan to revise Fehim? He's rather... unsympathetic, in his writeup in the Caste Book.
                He's slated to appear in Adversaries of the Righteous, and he remains unsympathetic. Solar Exaltation doesn't guarantee decency or wisdom.

As to his original portrayal, the Caste books were largely written to each include one deliberately unsympathetic character, reflecting the Immaculate Philosophy's portrayal of that Caste as Anathema. Fehim exists for this reason alongside Lyta, Havesh the Vanisher, and Mirror Flag. (Not sure offhand about Zenith.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Is there a plan to revise Fehim? He's rather... unsympathetic, in his writeup in the Caste Book.
                  I have ideas for how I'd write him for this edition (I think the core concept's solid, but the presentation could be tweaked), but EDIT: oh yeah he's already being done in Adversaries.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                    As to his original portrayal, the Caste books were largely written to each include one deliberately unsympathetic character, reflecting the Immaculate Philosophy's portrayal of that Caste as Anathema. Fehim exists for this reason alongside Lyta, Havesh the Vanisher, and Mirror Flag. (Not sure offhand about Zenith.)
                    Yeah, but I like Lyta, Havesh, and Mirror Flag.

Comment

• Wind was the "bad" Zenith, as he's a heretic who fights the righteous Immaculate Philosophy. Sympathetic to us, but not to people in Immaculate-controlled areas.

Are any other previous canon NPCs coming back in Adversaries?

I play...
                      Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                      Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• Hello. I have a few questions mostly about Across the Eight Directions

1) Will Y'Danna and Champoor be in the Across the Eight Directions?
                        2) Will An Teng be in it, and if so, has it changed much from previous editions?
                        3) One An Teng related question. Do they speak Seatongue or Flametongue?

Comment

• Hey guys,

The Charm Invincible Beast-Warrior Empowerment says it converts the size, might and command roll dice bonuses into successes. Does this interact with any form of dice cap? I am just curious because it can go nuts if it doesn't, but at the same time if it is limited by a mortal dice cap converting any one of these things will usually over cap them instantly and thus granting it to them all seems to not be helpful.

Thank you

Comment

• So, the Corebook mentions that Sidereals will be able to use Mastery Tags though "esoteric methods" (I don't know if you have any thought as to what hoops a Sidereal may jump through for Mastery tag) but have you given any thought as to whether GETIMIANS will benefit from the Mastery Tags?

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Hello,

With the Lunar charm Unseen Predator Menace, in a large pitched battle with many battle groups, generals and independent fighters, if enemies choose not to oppose the stealth roll, are too far away or are too busy to even notice the Lunar going into stealth, do they still lose the initiative for "failing" to oppose my stealth action? And would I still gain 1 initiative lost by them per 10 that I rolled in the stealth roll if in an ambush predator shape?

As always, thanks for your help.

Comment

• If this is a question you can't answer necessarily, that's fine
                                But thought I'd ask

So since abyssals charms will grow to emulate the legends and themes of the deathlords in our current edition. Do you know what deathlords will be as such? Will there be multiple deathlords for some abilities? Are there specific decided upon deathlords? Or is that still not set in stone as it were?

Been awhile since i posted. Thanks again for all your work Vance, Eric.

Comment

Working...
                                X