This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deranged Goblin View Post
    1) Will Y'Danna and Champoor be in the Across the Eight Directions?
    Champoor gets a full entry in Across the Eight Directions. Y'danna gets a postage-stamp entry in the Prasad chapter of Heirs to the Shogunate.

Originally posted by Deranged Goblin View Post
    2) Will An Teng be in it, and if so, has it changed much from previous editions?
    It's there, and based heavily on its presentation in Blood and Salt.

Originally posted by Deranged Goblin View Post
    3) One An Teng related question. Do they speak Seatongue or Flametongue?
    Not currently specified; we'll likely figure that out in development.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      Wind was the "bad" Zenith, as he's a heretic who fights the righteous Immaculate Philosophy. Sympathetic to us, but not to people in Immaculate-controlled areas.

Are any other previous canon NPCs coming back in Adversaries?
      A few, although the vast majority of entries cover entirely new characters.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronze Tiger View Post
        Hey guys,

The Charm Invincible Beast-Warrior Empowerment says it converts the size, might and command roll dice bonuses into successes. Does this interact with any form of dice cap? I am just curious because it can go nuts if it doesn't, but at the same time if it is limited by a mortal dice cap converting any one of these things will usually over cap them instantly and thus granting it to them all seems to not be helpful.

Thank you
        Converting a non-Charm die to a success does not make it "from Charms," unless specified otherwise.

Invincible Beast-Warrior Empowerment is a little too good as written, though; the final version has been tweaked some.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
          So, the Corebook mentions that Sidereals will be able to use Mastery Tags though "esoteric methods" (I don't know if you have any thought as to what hoops a Sidereal may jump through for Mastery tag) but have you given any thought as to whether GETIMIANS will benefit from the Mastery Tags?
          Current plan is that they do have a way to gain access to it, similar to Sidereals.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by VRella50 View Post
            Hello,

With the Lunar charm Unseen Predator Menace, in a large pitched battle with many battle groups, generals and independent fighters, if enemies choose not to oppose the stealth roll, are too far away or are too busy to even notice the Lunar going into stealth, do they still lose the initiative for "failing" to oppose my stealth action? And would I still gain 1 initiative lost by them per 10 that I rolled in the stealth roll if in an ambush predator shape?

As always, thanks for your help.
            As a general rule, when you roll Stealth in a combat, all enemies roll against it - if they're really far away and the battlefield is full of clashing armies, that'd be represented as a Storyteller-adjudicated penalty, rather than just not rolling at all.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
              If this is a question you can't answer necessarily, that's fine
              But thought I'd ask

So since abyssals charms will grow to emulate the legends and themes of the deathlords in our current edition. Do you know what deathlords will be as such? Will there be multiple deathlords for some abilities? Are there specific decided upon deathlords? Or is that still not set in stone as it were?

Been awhile since i posted. Thanks again for all your work Vance, Eric.
              9 and 25 are not numbers that play nicely, so which Deathlords' influence appears most prominently in which Ability is more a matter of what makes the most sense. There'll definitely be some Abilities where multiple Deathlords show their influence.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                9 and 25 are not numbers that play nicely, so which Deathlords' influence appears most prominently in which Ability is more a matter of what makes the most sense. There'll definitely be some Abilities where multiple Deathlords show their influence.
                For Infernals, is it 13 and 25 or has the number been adjusted?

Also, for the Deathlords--I assume it'd be permissible for Homebrew Deathlords to be the source of Hoembrew Charms?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                Many Limbed Manual
                Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                  For Infernals, is it 13 and 25 or has the number been adjusted?
                  I don't remember the number of canonical Yozis off the top of my head, but regardless, there'll doubtlessly be multiple Yozis in at least some Ability trees.

Also, for the Deathlords--I assume it'd be permissible for Homebrew Deathlords to be the source of Hoembrew Charms?
                  Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    I don't remember the number of canonical Yozis off the top of my head, but regardless, there'll doubtlessly be multiple Yozis in at least some Ability trees.

Yes.

My question was more asking if there would be additions to the canon list (I...think it's 13? Eh.) but I think I remember you saying there would not be.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                    Many Limbed Manual
                    Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                    San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                    My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

My question was more asking if there would be additions to the canon list (I...think it's 13? Eh.) but I think I remember you saying there would not be.
                      Right now, we don't plan to add any new Yozis. If we have a really good idea for one, though, nothing's stopping us.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Canonically there are "at least 23" Yozis. There's not much cause for us to provide that many canonical Yozi write-ups; the remainder are open for homebrew if your group desires, and otherwise can be considered inactive or irrelevant to your game.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Speaking of, IIrc, there are canonically 13 Deathlords with some spaces left open for homebrew. Are you planning to fill that list out at all, since they’ll be inspiring Abyssal charms?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                            Will Ysyr be covered in Across the Eight Directions?

Can you give us a rough idea of how big their city state is and the rough ratio of Sorcerers to other people?

How ...Melnibonian is the city? Is it this deadly decadent court full of vipers sniping at each other? Or do the Sorcerers go out and get their hands dirty too, creating infrastructure and leading the military?
                            Eric, could you take a look at this question from earlier?

Comment

Speaking of, IIrc, there are canonically 13 Deathlords with some spaces left open for homebrew. Are you planning to fill that list out at all, since they’ll be inspiring Abyssal charms?
                              We've been discussing the possibility. (The resulting text would probably be less exact about the actual number of Deathlords to avoid some potential setting design pitfalls.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Eric, could you take a look at this question from earlier?
                                I'd rather not make any off-the-cuff statements on this until after I've had a chance to dig into Ysyr development. Sorry!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X