This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
    What Deathlord is active in the Dreaming Sea? Or most active, if there are multiple?
    That's still up in the air. We won't properly dive into 3e Deathlords until Abyssals, but I'll make a note to see if there's anything relevant to specify in the Eight Directions Dreaming Sea material.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
      That's still up in the air. We won't properly dive into 3e Deathlords until Abyssals, but I'll make a note to see if there's anything relevant to specify in the Eight Directions Dreaming Sea material.

Excellent! The rest of the regions have earlier Deathlords to reference back to, but the Dreaming Sea is a bit of an anomaly in that regard, so I look forward to it.
      Do Deathlords choose who gets an abyssal exaltation or is that element dropped? I was perusing 1e and forgot that tidbit.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
      Many Limbed Manual
      Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
      San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
      My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
        I believe you've previously state that Yatani's Children are not in Heirs to the Shogunate. If so, are they mentioned in any other upcoming book?
        We have no specific plans at the moment to elaborate on Yatani's Children.

Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
        What areas in Creation are they most active in?
        They're a widely scattered people; you can reasonably place a Yatani community in whatever area you're using for your game.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          Vance, Eric, what can you tell us about the Guild Barber?
          The only reference I can find to "the Guild Barber" is a single offhand comment by one of the old devs. I have no idea who he was intended to be. Sorry!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

Excellent! The rest of the regions have earlier Deathlords to reference back to, but the Dreaming Sea is a bit of an anomaly in that regard, so I look forward to it.
            Do Deathlords choose who gets an abyssal exaltation or is that element dropped? I was perusing 1e and forgot that tidbit.
            My current conception is that the Deathlords choose, but they don't have absolute freedom of choice.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by light-hero View Post
              So last time I game'ed with my solar group a question about the order of combat came up.

Let say solar Alan has ini 12, solar Mika has ini 7 and Badguy Benny has ini 10.
              Alan hits benny with a withering attack and does 5 ini damage making Benny's ini 5. Now does he act at ini 10 or does have to wait for tick 5, making Mika act before him? Or does Benny act at tick 10?

I said yes in my game, but still checked the book and could not find a 100 procent clear answer.
              Benny would go after Mika.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                The Miracles Thrown charm Spitting Hand Technique lets you switch weapons reflexively, without a Draw/Ready Weapon action. Can this only be used to switch Thrown weapons, or does it let you switch your sword for a boomerang, boomerang for a seven-section-staff, flamepiece for bow, etc?
                I think the intent is that it's Thrown only.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How about swapping a non-Thrown weapon for a Thrown weapon? Ie putting away your sword and drawing shuriken.

I play...
                  Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                  Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• Just how big and powerful are the Wanasaan? Their WFHW writeup made it sound like they're struggling, but according to the new novella, they have enough people that they can send a small team on their hunts and also possess plenty of material wealth, including captured beasts they're keeping around for fun in their citadel and apparently enough jade artifacts that they can equip a not particularly entrenched member of their family with a weapon, and they're pulling this feat off in an area so remote and resource-poor it is of no interest to the Realm? How does this work?

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
                    Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      How about swapping a non-Thrown weapon for a Thrown weapon? Ie putting away your sword and drawing shuriken.
                      Yeah - as long as what you're readying is a Thrown weapon, is what I think the intent was.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        My current conception is that the Deathlords choose, but they don't have absolute freedom of choice.
                        In what sense? Do they kind of have to send off the exaltation request for neverborn approval?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                          In what sense? Do they kind of have to send off the exaltation request for neverborn approval?
                          We talk about Castes and the process of Exaltation a little in Crucible of Legend, along with what it means to be a reincarnation.

Neall Raemonn Price
                          Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                            Remember that the Unconquered Sun chooses Solars directly. With the Abyssals and Infernals, the Deathlords and Yozis have usurped that decision-making power from him, but they aren't totally free of his influence embodied in the Exaltations.

(The Neverborn aren't involved in the process, because a ten thousand year death rattle compressed into a second of brain-killing psychic feedback is not terribly useful input)

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What's your favorite bugaboo you've written for Ex3 so far?

Comment

• Is there a third edition equivalent to 2E's Scroll of Errata?

Also, is there a table out there (potentially in a book I don't have) similar to the Feats of Strength table in the core book, but for jumping? A rough baseline to visualize from would be very helpful.

If you want to play Thomas Edison, you'd better be up to the task of carrying all of civilization through the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution, while the Sidereals and Dragon-Blooded are shooting at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X