Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would I be able to find the rule about refunding xp if an artifact is destroyed? I can find the sidebar stating this for familiars, but can't find the one for artifacts. I've looked in both the core and Arms of the Chosen.

If you want to play Thomas Edison, you'd better be up to the task of carrying all of civilization through the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution, while the Sidereals and Dragon-Blooded are shooting at you.

Comment

• Is Phoenix Renewal Tactic applicable to the Nightmare Torrent power of Ixier, Who Dreams for the Dead? There doesn't appear to be any clear defense for that one.

...Whether risking a potentially substantial Willpower loss is actually worth it to avoid losing 1d10 Initiative is, of course, another matter entirely. Most Solars can probably beat Ixier like a pinata and take their Initiative back easily enough. But still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcob View Post

Why was it changed? I thought the Exalted selection process was specifically outside the control of their patrons so that they could not be ordered to stop handing them out?
        That was introduced in 2E.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorlem View Post
          Where would I be able to find the rule about refunding xp if an artifact is destroyed? I can find the sidebar stating this for familiars, but can't find the one for artifacts. I've looked in both the core and Arms of the Chosen.
          There hasn't been anything printed on the topic, although you can feel free to do so anyway.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
            Is Phoenix Renewal Tactic applicable to the Nightmare Torrent power of Ixier, Who Dreams for the Dead? There doesn't appear to be any clear defense for that one.

...Whether risking a potentially substantial Willpower loss is actually worth it to avoid losing 1d10 Initiative is, of course, another matter entirely. Most Solars can probably beat Ixier like a pinata and take their Initiative back easily enough. But still.
            I wouldn't classify it as a shaping effect, although nothing breaks if you do let players use Phoenix Renewal Tactic against it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
              Two questions!

Question One: How do the charms Sound and Scent Banishing Attitude and Knowing Beyond Silence interact in a Join Battle roll? If you render yourself undetectable to hearing, it would seem that hearing-based charms are inapplicable, but Knowing Beyond SIlence has two strong arguments to the contrary:

(a) It's literally named Knowing Beyond SIlence
              (b) The language, "This Charm can be used to enhance a Join Battle roll against a character whom the Exalt is listening for but cannot see" suggests that it does not matter whether the opponent can be heard, only that the Solar activating KBS is listening for them.

So, can Knowing Beyond Silence be used in zones of perfect silence or against opponents who cannot be heard, or does this otherwise powerful charm have a hard counter that cannot be stunted past?
              I suspect the intent is that if your only enemy can't be heard at all, you can't use Knowing Beyond Silence on Join Battle, but that may be a bit too fiddly, so feel free to just handwave it.

Question Two: In a previous question, you clarified that you cannot elect to time the activation of reflexive scenelong charms simultaneously to build up anima. So, if I want to escalate, I can't use Monkey Leap Technique and Graceful Crane Stance at the same time to reach that 5m threshold. That leads me to ask, what about retroactive defensive charms?

(c) Someone targets me with an attack.
              (d) I spend four motes of Dodge Excellency to raise Evasion by 2
              (e) They roll precisely my Evasion in successes
              (f) I use Drifting Leaf Elusion to dodge anyway.

Does the 1m cost of (f) stack with the 4m cost of (d) to result in a 5m spend, and anima escalation?
              My inclination would be that pre-roll Charm usage and post-roll Charm usage are separate "instants" for the purposes of anima increasing.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How is Heirs to the Shogunate coming along? We are starting up a new Dragon Blooded adventure next month and I was hoping if there was anything you could hint at to get me jazzed up. What excited you the most about Heirs to the Shogunate that you can't wait for us to read?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
                  How is Heirs to the Shogunate coming along? We are starting up a new Dragon Blooded adventure next month and I was hoping if there was anything you could hint at to get me jazzed up. What excited you the most about Heirs to the Shogunate that you can't wait for us to read?
                  I am, as I have always been, a huge sucker for the Forest Witches.

There may also be some Charms that folks get excited about?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are deathlords all solar ghosts or are there any of the other exalts ghosts among them?

Comment

• This is an order of operations question for certain charms.

Say a lunar has a weapon with the piercing tag and also uses Armor Rending Claw Fist "Her withering attack ignores half an enemy’s armor soak."

Is the piercing applied first? E.G. Lunar Lionell is attacking Terrestrial Tom and tom has artifact articulated plate with 11 soak.

Does it go:
                      Halve from charm then Subtract from piercing resulting in (it doesn't say round up or down so) either 11/2=6 or 5 then piercing -4 = 2 or 1
                      or
                      Subtract piercing first 11-4 = 7 which is then charm divides by 2 to be 4 or 3 (depending on round up or down)

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                        This is an order of operations question for certain charms.

Say a lunar has a weapon with the piercing tag and also uses Armor Rending Claw Fist "Her withering attack ignores half an enemy’s armor soak."

Is the piercing applied first? E.G. Lunar Lionell is attacking Terrestrial Tom and tom has artifact articulated plate with 11 soak.

Does it go:
                        Halve from charm then Subtract from piercing resulting in (it doesn't say round up or down so) either 11/2=6 or 5 then piercing -4 = 2 or 1
                        or
                        Subtract piercing first 11-4 = 7 which is then charm divides by 2 to be 4 or 3 (depending on round up or down)

Thanks.
                        Use the standard order of operations—divide first, then subtract.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Teal Tara View Post
                          Are deathlords all solar ghosts or are there any of the other exalts ghosts among them?
                          We aren't expressly restricting them to being Solar ghosts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Use the standard order of operations—divide first, then subtract.
                            Thank you! Also I just want to say I hope you and Eric Minton and everyone are keeping safe during the outbreak!

Comment

• Is Heirs to the Shogunate going to have more detail on the Wyld Hunt, or centralize the info on it? The core indicates that it is (or was) a fairly sizable institution, but doesn't go into detail, beyond mentioning that they have investigators and trackers, and elsewhere in the book the Nail of Truth gets mentioned. The core also name drops the Wyld Hunt as something to use battle groups for, but doesn't say for what, and it is only in The Realm that it is explained that they are backed by the Imperial Legions and local auxiliaries (implying they don't have their own dedicated army), in the section on Satrapies.

If you want to play Thomas Edison, you'd better be up to the task of carrying all of civilization through the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution, while the Sidereals and Dragon-Blooded are shooting at you.

Comment

• Can you officially tell us what are the style weapon of the martial arts from the companion book of the lunars? Mainly of the thousand blade style.

Comment

Working...
                                X