Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Totemic: I think it's obvious, but I want to check.

Some Totemic charms say "A Lunar whose spirit shape mimics the appearance of another animal" can buy this as X.

I assume that this applies to stuff like Alligator Turtles, Owl Butterflies, etc, that just mimic part of another animal (an Owl's eyes) or just a part of them (the Alligator Turtle's tongue) mimics another animal. Is that right?

I play...
    Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
    Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      A question about Totemic: I think it's obvious, but I want to check.

Some Totemic charms say "A Lunar whose spirit shape mimics the appearance of another animal" can buy this as X.

I assume that this applies to stuff like Alligator Turtles, Owl Butterflies, etc, that just mimic part of another animal (an Owl's eyes) or just a part of them (the Alligator Turtle's tongue) mimics another animal. Is that right?
      Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I don’t suppose you can tell us the different abyssal favored abilities? I remember Dusks getting ride unlike dawns for instance.
        Does this different caste abilities carry over to Infernals?
        Have you worked out how infernals interact with sorcery differently then Solars and Lunars, the masters of sorcery and the witches respectively? I recall infernals having a warlock moniker

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
        Many Limbed Manual
        Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
        San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
        My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Demon of the First Circle

Can Demon of the First Circle which have been bound as slave by the Demon of the First Circle terrestrial spell be send back to Malfeas and conveniently called back when the sorcerer wants it.
          What kind of action is needed?
          Some kind of ritual?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenshinzen View Post
            Demon of the First Circle

Can Demon of the First Circle which have been bound as slave by the Demon of the First Circle terrestrial spell be send back to Malfeas and conveniently called back when the sorcerer wants it.
            What kind of action is needed?
            Some kind of ritual?
            No, there's no mechanism inherent in the spell that allows you to do that. But a Twilight Caste Solar can get an effect similar to you're suggesting (banishing and retrieving, albeit not banishing to Malfeas) with the third Twilight Caste anima ability (see p.176 of the 3e core book).

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• The Zenith Anima power that ashes corpses:

- Is the Zenith allowed to pick and choose the Intimacies that they keep or must they choose to keep all of them?

She may also transfer them to an object, allowing it to convey comfort or a sense of duty to the subject.
              - Is "the subject" here the one the Intimacy originated from or the subject of the Intimacy? For example, if the corpse were that of a city guard of Nexus and they had the Intimacy "Nexus (Dutiful Protection)", would the object convey a sense of duty to that guard or a sense of duty to Nexus (or perhaps a sense of duty to Nexus in memory of that guard)?

Comment

• Fivefold Fury Onslaught
                Cost: —; Mins: Brawl 5, Essence 3
                Type: Permanent
                Keywords: None
                Duration: Permanent
                Prerequisite Charms: Hammer on Iron Technique
                This Charm permanently upgrades the prerequisite, allowing
                the Solar to make ([Strength or Stamina] +1) attacks,
                and adding bonus damage to each succesful strike—+1 on
                the first, +2 on the second, +3 on the third, and so on.

I just want some clarifications:
                -Do each touch directlty increased the damages or do it have to wait for the next attack? For example if I successfully strike, do I get the bonus to that strike damage or will it boost the next strike damage by that amount?
                -Do each boost need the previous one to work. For example if in a series of 5 strikes I do not touch before the 4th one, do it gets +4 or just +1 because it's the first time that a strike is successful?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                  I don’t suppose you can tell us the different abyssal favored abilities? I remember Dusks getting ride unlike dawns for instance.
                  It's too early to be confident that the sets we currently have won't change between now and the Abyssals book.

Does this different caste abilities carry over to Infernals?
                  Infernal Caste Abilities diverge from their respective Solar Caste's Abilities moreso than the respective Abyssal Castes.

Have you worked out how infernals interact with sorcery differently then Solars and Lunars, the masters of sorcery and the witches respectively? I recall infernals having a warlock moniker
                  They can attain Solar Circle Sorcery and can have Charms that empower and interact with sorcery, like every other Exalt type, but they don't have (or really need) any unique system for that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Mynorin View Post
                    The Zenith Anima power that ashes corpses:

- Is the Zenith allowed to pick and choose the Intimacies that they keep or must they choose to keep all of them?
                    I read it as all of them.

- Is "the subject" here the one the Intimacy originated from or the subject of the Intimacy? For example, if the corpse were that of a city guard of Nexus and they had the Intimacy "Nexus (Dutiful Protection)", would the object convey a sense of duty to that guard or a sense of duty to Nexus (or perhaps a sense of duty to Nexus in memory of that guard)?
                    The latter, is my read.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenshinzen View Post
                      Fivefold Fury Onslaught
                      Cost: —; Mins: Brawl 5, Essence 3
                      Type: Permanent
                      Keywords: None
                      Duration: Permanent
                      Prerequisite Charms: Hammer on Iron Technique
                      This Charm permanently upgrades the prerequisite, allowing
                      the Solar to make ([Strength or Stamina] +1) attacks,
                      and adding bonus damage to each succesful strike—+1 on
                      the first, +2 on the second, +3 on the third, and so on.

I just want some clarifications:
                      -Do each touch directlty increased the damages or do it have to wait for the next attack? For example if I successfully strike, do I get the bonus to that strike damage or will it boost the next strike damage by that amount?

-Do each boost need the previous one to work. For example if in a series of 5 strikes I do not touch before the 4th one, do it gets +4 or just +1 because it's the first time that a strike is successful?

Thanks a lot for your help.
                      Each attack gets bonus dice of damage equal to its "number" in the chain (e.g. first gets +1, second gets +2), regardless of whether previous attacks succeeded or failed.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is it possible for an Exigent of a really weak god to become as powerful as a exigent of a stronger god? Or even as powerful as the chosen of the incarna?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                          Is it possible for an Exigent of a really weak god to become as powerful as a exigent of a stronger god? Or even as powerful as the chosen of the incarna?
                          Yes, like Strawmaiden Janest.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thanks Robert

Comment

• Just want to apologize for letting my frustration get the better of me and being rude earlier.

That said, what should a Wyld Hunt believably have?

If you want to play Thomas Edison, you'd better be up to the task of carrying all of civilization through the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution, while the Sidereals and Dragon-Blooded are shooting at you.

Comment

• With the Solar Brawl Charm Lightning Strikes Twice, if I make a Decisive Attack, use Heaven Thunder Hammer and then use Lightning Strikes Twice to make a Withering Attack, what happens to the initiative I reap from the Withering Attack? Does it carry over when I reset to base initiative, is it simply lost, or something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X