This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jorlem View Post
    That said, what should a Wyld Hunt believably have?
    The Wyld Hunt is a custom again Dragon-Blooded followers of Immaculate sects rather than a single unified organization, which means that individual Hunts are ad hoc. It could be two outcastes and some mortal bodyguards, or it could be Peleps Deled and his Sworn Kinship, decked out in potent artifacts from the Immaculate Order's armory, leading a veritable army of monks and getting assistance from an embedded Bronze Faction Sidereal.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
      With the Solar Brawl Charm Lightning Strikes Twice, if I make a Decisive Attack, use Heaven Thunder Hammer and then use Lightning Strikes Twice to make a Withering Attack, what happens to the initiative I reap from the Withering Attack? Does it carry over when I reset to base initiative, is it simply lost, or something else?
      It'd be lost in the reset.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is it possible to do the pilgrimage on the Caul in a different order then what's listed? That is to say, do you have to go Earth > Wood > Fire > Air > Water, or can you end up doing something like Water > Fire > Wood > Earth > Air?

Comment

• Question on Durability-Enhancing Technique vs Shattering Grasp.

Durability-Enhancing Technique increase the difficulty of damaging an object by or by the user's essence (whichever greater). But Shattering Grasp is kind of instantaneous to damage or break an item.

If an exalt wants to use Shattering Grasp on an item which has had its durability enhanced, what does the exalt roll? A standard craft roll? An essence roll to see if it can beat the essence difficulty? Or would it be a matter of saying that if an exalt wishes to use shattering grasp on an object with enhanced durability, does the exalt need to be of a higher essence of the exalt who strengthened the object to be able to break it?

Comment

• How are you staying sane while social distancing ?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
            Many Limbed Manual
            Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
            My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
              Is it possible to do the pilgrimage on the Caul in a different order then what's listed? That is to say, do you have to go Earth > Wood > Fire > Air > Water, or can you end up doing something like Water > Fire > Wood > Earth > Air?
              Not by the published setting, no; it's an itinerary, not a list.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                How are you staying sane while social distancing ?
                Sane? I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• I couldn't find if this was answered in either thread; if an embattled character wants to move away from their foe, can the foe choose not to oppose the escape? If so, does that mean the escapee rolls Disengage uncontested, or that they are allowed to use their reflexive movement (assuming all eligible opposers choose not to oppose)?

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

• Where do I find rules for test of speed? I have a possible chase coming up in our next session and I wanted to look it up. The core book mentions something on p 197, but it is not clear to me where on the page it says something about that.

Is it simply an extended oppossed roll that I invent myself as the ST?
                    Last edited by light-hero; 03-25-2020, 08:27 AM. Reason: Fixed page reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by light-hero View Post
                      Where do I find rules for test of speed? I have a possible chase coming up in our next session and I wanted to look it up. The core book mentions something on p 197, but it is not clear to me where on the page it says something about that.

Is it simply an extended oppossed roll that I invent myself as the ST?
                      It's just a standard extended opposed roll.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Beans View Post
                        I couldn't find if this was answered in either thread; if an embattled character wants to move away from their foe, can the foe choose not to oppose the escape? If so, does that mean the escapee rolls Disengage uncontested, or that they are allowed to use their reflexive movement (assuming all eligible opposers choose not to oppose)?
                        I'd say they roll uncontested.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
                          Question on Durability-Enhancing Technique vs Shattering Grasp.

Durability-Enhancing Technique increase the difficulty of damaging an object by or by the user's essence (whichever greater). But Shattering Grasp is kind of instantaneous to damage or break an item.

If an exalt wants to use Shattering Grasp on an item which has had its durability enhanced, what does the exalt roll? A standard craft roll? An essence roll to see if it can beat the essence difficulty? Or would it be a matter of saying that if an exalt wishes to use shattering grasp on an object with enhanced durability, does the exalt need to be of a higher essence of the exalt who strengthened the object to be able to break it?
                          Shattering Grasp isn't unrolled; destroying objects with it uses the rules for a crafting project, so you'd just increase the difficulty of that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What is the intention behind the Hearthstone keyword 'Dependent'? Like- I get *how* it works (requiring a second Hearthstone socketed into the same artifact), but it feels like it's just a point sink, requiring the player to purchase a second hearthstone that they may or may not be interested in, and very sharply limiting the number of artifacts that the Dependent Hearthstone can work with.

Is there an underlying logic to when Hearthstones are Dependent that I'm not seeing?

My Storyteller Vault releases!
                            Sorcerous Ways: Mystic Martial Arts - Punch people for magic power!
                            These Mean Streets - Advise and systems for street-level punk-noir Vampire larp

Comment

• Originally posted by wastevens View Post
                              What is the intention behind the Hearthstone keyword 'Dependent'? Like- I get *how* it works (requiring a second Hearthstone socketed into the same artifact), but it feels like it's just a point sink, requiring the player to purchase a second hearthstone that they may or may not be interested in, and very sharply limiting the number of artifacts that the Dependent Hearthstone can work with.

Is there an underlying logic to when Hearthstones are Dependent that I'm not seeing?
                              It's a balancing thing—the effects that get the Dependent keyword are stronger than the ones non-Dependent hearthstones offer.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by NavveS View Post
                                Can you officially tell us what are the style weapon of the martial arts from the companion book of the lunars? Mainly of the thousand blade style.
                                Reposting because it wasnt answered

Comment

Working...
                                X