Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about charms that reroll.
    Excellent strike and its ilk make sense. reroll 1s and prevent them from being used.

But charms that reroll failed dice, does the player choose the dice? Like pheassa and deinon can with an evocation reroll Failed dice on rushes or disengages. Say an enemy has a charm that preys on 1s and 2s. Say the player can reroll 3 dice. If they roll two 1s and a 2. Can they choose to reroll those to block the enemy’s effect? Same with non 1 failures, can they choose to reroll 2s to prevent those being used. Or do those get locked in regardless? thanks.

Comment

• There are relatively few Thrown artifacts, and two of them (Far-Ranging Eye, Black Wind) boost Investigation. What's the thematic connection between Thrown and Investigate?

Comment

• Can Mental Invisibility Technique be used during combat, after Join Battle has already been rolled?

Comment

• EDIT: Never mind, you answered my question already.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-29-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Hello,

I am looking to see how certain powers interact.

1. How are the weapon stats affected if my character was a Lunar in the shape of a panther or even a bear and used Perfected Hybrid Interaction to add the mutation Claws at the 4-dot cost? That adds medium weapon stats for withering attacks?

Thanks

Comment

• Do 1st Circle Demons have potential for growth (In power, spiritually, or otherwise) or are the pretty much capped at being what they are from the moment of their creation? And if they do have the potential for growth, how much?

She/Her pronouns, please.

Comment

• Have you guys watched Magi: The Adventures of Sinbad?

If you want to play Thomas Edison, you'd better be up to the task of carrying all of civilization through the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution, while the Sidereals and Dragon-Blooded are shooting at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                  I have a question about charms that reroll.
                  Excellent strike and its ilk make sense. reroll 1s and prevent them from being used.

But charms that reroll failed dice, does the player choose the dice? Like pheassa and deinon can with an evocation reroll Failed dice on rushes or disengages. Say an enemy has a charm that preys on 1s and 2s. Say the player can reroll 3 dice. If they roll two 1s and a 2. Can they choose to reroll those to block the enemy’s effect? Same with non 1 failures, can they choose to reroll 2s to prevent those being used. Or do those get locked in regardless? thanks.
                  If it doesn't specify something like "reroll 1s" or "reroll non-1s" or "start with 6s and go down," you get to pick what's rerolled.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
                    There are relatively few Thrown artifacts, and two of them (Far-Ranging Eye, Black Wind) boost Investigation. What's the thematic connection between Thrown and Investigate?
                    It's just a coincidence.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Electro View Post
                      Can Mental Invisibility Technique be used during combat, after Join Battle has already been rolled?
                      The way I read it, yeah—the initial Join Battle will knock it out, but you can subsequently use it, and it'll end when you take another hostile action.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by VRella50 View Post
                        Hello,

I am looking to see how certain powers interact.

1. How are the weapon stats affected if my character was a Lunar in the shape of a panther or even a bear and used Perfected Hybrid Interaction to add the mutation Claws at the 4-dot cost? That adds medium weapon stats for withering attacks?

Thanks
                        Claws enhance your unarmed attacks, which you're not normally going to be using in animal forms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealot_Vedas View Post
                          Do 1st Circle Demons have potential for growth (In power, spiritually, or otherwise) or are the pretty much capped at being what they are from the moment of their creation? And if they do have the potential for growth, how much?
                          They can, generally speaking, learn new things, grow as people, and pick up new skills, much like humans do. I could potentially see them gaining new Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorlem View Post
                            Have you guys watched Magi: The Adventures of Sinbad?
                            I haven't.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by NavveS View Post
                              Can you officially tell us what are the style weapon of the martial arts from the companion book of the lunars? Mainly of the thousand blade style.
                              It's a bit too early, especially become style weapons are something that we can and occasionally have tweak very late in development.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• A question about sorcerous initiations - do you guys think that the three shaping rituals (or two, in the case of the Soul-Perfecting Elixir) are the only ones that each initiation can have? Or are they just examples, to provide a guide to the "style" for each initiation, and additional shaping rituals could exist for any given initiation?

Comment

Working...
                                X