This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
    Are we likely to get an updated map or some other kind of specific location reference for the new satrapies and other locations introduced in Lunars, Heirs, Eight Directions, and the Realm?
    We plan to include several maps in Across the Eight Directions to cover as many locations as possible.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• When a Lunar Charm triggers off using a full excellency (like Unerring Fang Technique) and I stunt a second attribute to increase my dice cap, do I have to buy enough dice to meet the new cap for the Charm activate? (Or is reaching my normal dice cap enough?)

Comment

• Hi, im wondering in the case of Holy touch (p.21 MSE) it says it instantly breaks a grapple if you land a charisma or appearance + presence Decisive Gambit , How does this interact with Unbreakable Graps wich is a fraction of the price. Does the Grappler only pay 2 mote if you land it or is the grapple broken as it says in holy touch?

Comment

• Originally posted by General Trivia Kit View Post
          When a Lunar Charm triggers off using a full excellency (like Unerring Fang Technique) and I stunt a second attribute to increase my dice cap, do I have to buy enough dice to meet the new cap for the Charm activate? (Or is reaching my normal dice cap enough?)
          You have to hit whatever you maximum dice cap is, including anything that increases the dice cap.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by onyourdevice View Post
            Hi, im wondering in the case of Holy touch (p.21 MSE) it says it instantly breaks a grapple if you land a charisma or appearance + presence Decisive Gambit , How does this interact with Unbreakable Graps wich is a fraction of the price. Does the Grappler only pay 2 mote if you land it or is the grapple broken as it says in holy touch?
            Unbreakable Grasp won't help against Holy Touch.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              Can a person practice Fire Dragon Style with only one short sword? If so, can they have another weapon in their off hand?
              Yes and yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                Could you see a Lunar Charm whereby the Lunar transforms themselves into a bridge between the Terrestrial Mate and the Solar Mate, allowing the Terrestrial to count the Solar Mate as a Sworn Kin, so long as the Terrestrial has another positive Defining Tie to the Solar?
                Moon-and-Earth Marriage is not a Charm I ever would've foreseen before a backer asked for it, so it's not particularly well-defined territory. My instinct would be that would something entirely between the Dragon-Blood and the Solar, rather than having the Lunar as an intermediary.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                  Can you enhance a direct-damage spell (such as Flight of the Brilliant Raptor or Death of Obsidian Butterflies) with Ghost Eating Technique?
                  Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                    If a White Veil stylist has initiated combat during a social scene, but no one else has noticed that combat is taking place...
                    1.) are the passage of time and the order of actions for everyone in the scene tracked by rounds and initiative, or do people not aware of the combat still function as if they're in a social scene?
                    Everyone gets rolled into combat.

(The same is true for an assailant using ordinary stealth.)

2.) does everyone receive the 5-motes-per-round in-combat rate of mote regeneration even if they aren't consciously aware that they're in combat?
                    Yes.

Can a White Veil stylist enter White Veil Form before rolling Join Battle? (Or even without any intention to Join Battle, just as a scenelong Guile booster?)
                    Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      Can you explain what is happening diegetically with Heart Like Water? Is the Dragon-Blooded just suddenly able to wield the power of their opponent’s Charms for the single counter attack, or are they somehow guiding their opponent’s fist or weapon back at them, or what?
                      You aren't literally reflecting the attack back at him; you're letting the physical momentum of the attack and the spiritual power cause your attacker to overextend and leave himself in a disadvantageous position.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                        correct me if i'm wrong. but in previous editions,the fair folk were molded by storytelling,they were ultimately a force of narrative and stories whiccch doesn't seem to be the case now,what are they about now?
                        I'm not entirely sure that's an accurate description of the Fair Folk in any edition? Either way, in Ex3, the Fair Folk are first and foremost the beautiful, monstrous princes of chaos, who both love and hate Creation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                          Curious on how Attributes is split up among the Liminal Exalted. Will you be sticking with giving them 3 Attributes for each Aspect or are you considering changing that? I ask since with Solars and DBs, while Solars can choose five out a list of 8, DBs five aspected abilities are slotted. So considering that Lunars at char gen pick 2 of their 3, would it make sense to just give Liminals 2?
                          Current plan is that Liminals pick 2 out of 3.

Dragon-Blooded not having any additional Abilities to choose from isn't a power level thing; the Dragon-Blooded Aspect Ability spreads already avoid a lot of the monofocus that the Solar spreads suffered from in previous editions and which the 5 of 8 was introduced to remedy.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                            For Tiger-And-Dragon combination and Twin Dragons Dancing, is is possible to use Simple type charms with the combination attacks? For example could one person use Fiery Blade Attack while another uses Roaring River Slash?
                            No. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                              Hm, how numerous are the Option-canon Exalted? I figure Hearteaters are fairly big but you guys have mentioned before of the Order views on Umbrals and Dream-Souled are very case by case so I'm wondering how rare they and even if any is hitting the three digits.
                              We don't give precise numbers for them; the Storyteller can decide what works best during the process of integrating the optional canon Exalted into their game. You're right in that the answer probably isn't very many.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BadassOverlord View Post
                                The Dragon-Blooded melee excellency says that its mote discount is reset if you use it to attack or defend against a target other than your current one. However, what happens if you use the excellency to boost a single attack roll that hits multiple people, such as the new essence 4 Air melee AoE charm? Assuming your current discounted foe is among the targets, do you get the discount? Does it reset?
                                As long as your original target is one of the enemies included in your AoE, you're good.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X