X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    No. 10char
    Well, I guess it's not like Crono, Marle, and Lucca ever had any Dual/Triple Techs based on their most powerful spells either, like Luminare and Flare.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      I'm not entirely sure that's an accurate description of the Fair Folk in any edition? Either way, in Ex3, the Fair Folk are first and foremost the beautiful, monstrous princes of chaos, who both love and hate Creation.
      Thanks Vance,,,

Comment

• Are you aiming/intending to do a Kickstarter for Exalted: Essence.

I play...
        Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
        Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          Can you enhance a direct-damage spell (such as Flight of the Brilliant Raptor or Death of Obsidian Butterflies) with Ghost Eating Technique?
          Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Yes. 10char
          Does it matter when it is activated? If it takes me 2 rounds to gather enough motes to cast DoOB, do I have to activate GET on the second round or just somewhere along the way?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

Does it matter when it is activated? If it takes me 2 rounds to gather enough motes to cast DoOB, do I have to activate GET on the second round or just somewhere along the way?
            You'd use it when you actually make the attack.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So got a question about ambushes and certain charms.

So an ambush is triggered when Character A succeeds on stealth and has initiative to act before his opponent in the first round of combat.

IF character A doesn't get a higher initiative its just a surprise attack.

What happens if Character A doesn't get that initiative rating but has a charm that lets him act sooner.

Lets say Solar Nelly succeeds on her stealth roll but gets a piddly initiative of 7 compared to her opponents 11. Then Solar Nelly uses Thunderclap Rush Attack in order to bypass the initiative order and go first. Is it still unexpected or does it become an ambush? What if a charm simply lets a character be treated as having a higher initiative for purposes of first round action like Sinuous Striking Grace or JB charms that give "phantom" init?

Just curious. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                So got a question about ambushes and certain charms.

So an ambush is triggered when Character A succeeds on stealth and has initiative to act before his opponent in the first round of combat.

IF character A doesn't get a higher initiative its just a surprise attack.

What happens if Character A doesn't get that initiative rating but has a charm that lets him act sooner.

Lets say Solar Nelly succeeds on her stealth roll but gets a piddly initiative of 7 compared to her opponents 11. Then Solar Nelly uses Thunderclap Rush Attack in order to bypass the initiative order and go first. Is it still unexpected or does it become an ambush? What if a charm simply lets a character be treated as having a higher initiative for purposes of first round action like Sinuous Striking Grace or JB charms that give "phantom" init?

Just curious. Thanks
                I think they should still get the ambush.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  So we noticed that Lunars have a charm to resist being grappled by a Legendary Size creature, but no charm to grapple Legendary Size creatures (except, I guess, turning into a Legendary Size creature). Out of interest, was this deliberate because you didn't want them to be able to, or just word count?
                  It's not a deliberate omission.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    Well, I guess it's not like Crono, Marle, and Lucca ever had any Dual/Triple Techs based on their most powerful spells either, like Luminare and Flare.
                    Not a question.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• How does (sigh) Heavenly Guardian Defense work?

I have combed this and the previous thread and am still unsure.

Here's my understanding:

My character, Voice, is attacked by a Lunar Warlord. The Lunar declares a Decisive attack backed by a full Excellency (attacker declares Charms).

Now it's time for defender to declare Charms, so I say I'm using Heavenly Guardian Defense and spend 4m.

The Lunar rolls to hit, and hits me. Then they roll 5 successes for Decisive damage. At this point I now spend (upto 5) Initiative to cancel that damage out (one a one-to-one basis, assuming I'm not Crashed and have the Initiative to spend).

Is this correct, or do I not need to declare until after the attack hits but before damage is rolled?

Follow up question:

The Lunar has me in a Grapple and Savages me with a Decisive attack.

I know I can spend 4m to apply my Parry against this Savage.

If I spend 4m to apply my Parry, and the Lunar still hits, can I still spend Initiative to reduce their damage successes? If so, do I need to spend an additional +4m?

I'm really sorry for asking this, I know you've answered a lot of questions about HGD. But I just don't get it. Thanks for your time.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Are all the Optionals Patrons single entities or are ones like the Maidens where its multiple? Given the lack of Castes I'm guessing former but just wanted to make sure.
                        as I scratch off Celestial phenomena to figure out what thing they are.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                          Are all the Optionals Patrons single entities or are ones like the Maidens where its multiple? Given the lack of Castes I'm guessing former but just wanted to make sure.
                          as I scratch off Celestial phenomena to figure out what thing they are.....
                          They're each single entities (although that doesn't correlate with not having Castes).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will the Exigents book be useful for creating God-Blooded characters?

I mean, I'm well aware that a lot of God-Blooded are nowhere near the power level of an Exalt, and many of them don't have Charms at all. (I'm imagining that some weaker God-Bloods are hard to distinguish from talented mortals, or just have a merit or two.) But since the power levels of Exigents vary a lot anyway, could "modestly powerful Exigent" be reskinned as "exceptionally powerful God-Blood" easily enough?

Or, if there's some reason that wouldn't be a great idea, would the book's Charm creation guidelines generally be useful to consult if I were trying to write up custom Charms suitable for God-Blooded PCs and NPCs?

Comment

• Thank you very much for your last answer, i was wondering, since gambits fall in the improbable kind of movement, is it possible to gambit while restrained by a grapple?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                                How does (sigh) Heavenly Guardian Defense work?

I have combed this and the previous thread and am still unsure.

Here's my understanding:

My character, Voice, is attacked by a Lunar Warlord. The Lunar declares a Decisive attack backed by a full Excellency (attacker declares Charms).

Now it's time for defender to declare Charms, so I say I'm using Heavenly Guardian Defense and spend 4m.

The Lunar rolls to hit, and hits me. Then they roll 5 successes for Decisive damage. At this point I now spend (upto 5) Initiative to cancel that damage out (one a one-to-one basis, assuming I'm not Crashed and have the Initiative to spend).

Is this correct, or do I not need to declare until after the attack hits but before damage is rolled?
                                You don't have to declare that mode of Heavenly Guardian Defense until after the damage roll.

Follow up question:

The Lunar has me in a Grapple and Savages me with a Decisive attack.

I know I can spend 4m to apply my Parry against this Savage.

If I spend 4m to apply my Parry, and the Lunar still hits, can I still spend Initiative to reduce their damage successes? If so, do I need to spend an additional +4m?
                                You'd have to pay separately for each mode.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X