Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs v2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by onyourdevice View Post
    Thank you very much for your last answer, i was wondering, since gambits fall in the improbable kind of movement, is it possible to gambit while restrained by a grapple?
    Yes, under the same rules as other attacks.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
      Will the Exigents book be useful for creating God-Blooded characters?

      I mean, I'm well aware that a lot of God-Blooded are nowhere near the power level of an Exalt, and many of them don't have Charms at all. (I'm imagining that some weaker God-Bloods are hard to distinguish from talented mortals, or just have a merit or two.) But since the power levels of Exigents vary a lot anyway, could "modestly powerful Exigent" be reskinned as "exceptionally powerful God-Blood" easily enough?
      You can absolutely do that, although keep in mind that even the weakest Exigent design will make for a God-Blood that's comparatively really strong.

      Or, if there's some reason that wouldn't be a great idea, would the book's Charm creation guidelines generally be useful to consult if I were trying to write up custom Charms suitable for God-Blooded PCs and NPCs?
      Yes. They won't go into depth on the design considerations of Eclipse Charms, but the general Charm design guidance applies.


      Developer for Exalted

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Robert Vance's Patreon

      Comment


      • There's mention of a Phantom Talon martial art in the Grass Spider writeup in Heirs. Is that a forthcoming style you'd like to slip into a future book, one that was written and I missed it, or just cute name flavor but no real plans for it?

        Comment


        • If a solar is fighting a lunar who can fly, and the lunar is at medium range above them... can the solar sword the lunar with Monkey Leap Technique and Thunderbolt Attack Prana used together? Or does the meleeist need Blazing Solar Bolt?
          Last edited by Aranfan; 04-09-2020, 01:43 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
            There's mention of a Phantom Talon martial art in the Grass Spider writeup in Heirs. Is that a forthcoming style you'd like to slip into a future book, one that was written and I missed it, or just cute name flavor but no real plans for it?
            I've got plans for it.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Aranfan View Post
              If a solar is fighting a lunar who can fly, and the lunar is at medium range above them... can the solar sword the lunar with Monkey Leap Technique and Thunderbolt Attack Prana used together? Or does the meleeist need Blazing Solar Bolt?
              Thunderbolt Attack Prana counts as your move action, so you wouldn't be able to make it out to medium range.


              Developer for Exalted

              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

              Robert Vance's Patreon

              Comment


              • For the Heirs charm Dragon-Beast Transformation, if you gain a dot of essence can you change what mutations you gain from a specific familiar?

                Comment


                • Empathic Aegis Discipline (Miracles of the Solar Exalted) can be used to detect the pain of characters the Solar has a Major or Defining Intimacy for, provided such a character shares one of the Solar's Defining Principles.

                  ​But does the character's shared Principle have to be at the Defining level, or does he just need to have the Intimacy?

                  ​Like, let's say Wick Warrens' Defining Principle is "Information is the best currency." If he recruits a Dragon-Blooded thief with a similar Principle, but only at the Minor level, can he use Empathic Aegis Discipline to be aware of the Dragon-Blooded's pain?

                  Comment


                  • Hi,

                    Is the merit Legendary Attribute going to exist in 3rd edition?

                    Thanks

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Thunderbolt Attack Prana counts as your move action, so you wouldn't be able to make it out to medium range.
                      Just to be sure I'm clear on this:

                      If the Lunar were airborne at Close range from the ground, Thunderbolt Attack Prana would not count as the Solar's movement action (because they are not moving out of their current range band; only up and then harmlessly back to the ground).

                      However, if the Lunar were at Short range from the ground, this would count as the Solar moving to a different range band and TAP would use up their movement action (and then they would take a Short range band's worth of fall damage barring some Charm or Merit usage).

                      Is that all correct?

                      For context, I had initially thought that any use of TAP for moving straight up to attack and then falling back to the ground again would not have used up the movement action and thus performing the combo proposed by Aranfan would have been successful (albeit with a high cost of damage-to-self unless you had Wings or other Athletics Charms).
                      Last edited by Mynorin; 04-10-2020, 10:01 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                        For the Heirs charm Dragon-Beast Transformation, if you gain a dot of essence can you change what mutations you gain from a specific familiar?
                        Yeah. I'll add a bit specifying that in the final.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          Empathic Aegis Discipline (Miracles of the Solar Exalted) can be used to detect the pain of characters the Solar has a Major or Defining Intimacy for, provided such a character shares one of the Solar's Defining Principles.

                          ​But does the character's shared Principle have to be at the Defining level, or does he just need to have the Intimacy?

                          ​Like, let's say Wick Warrens' Defining Principle is "Information is the best currency." If he recruits a Dragon-Blooded thief with a similar Principle, but only at the Minor level, can he use Empathic Aegis Discipline to be aware of the Dragon-Blooded's pain?
                          My read is that the other character doesn't need to have the shared Principle at Defining level.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by VRella50 View Post
                            Hi,

                            Is the merit Legendary Attribute going to exist in 3rd edition?

                            Thanks
                            No. 10char


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mynorin View Post

                              Just to be sure I'm clear on this:

                              If the Lunar were airborne at Close range from the ground, Thunderbolt Attack Prana would not count as the Solar's movement action (because they are not moving out of their current range band; only up and then harmlessly back to the ground).

                              However, if the Lunar were at Short range from the ground, this would count as the Solar moving to a different range band and TAP would use up their movement action (and then they would take a Short range band's worth of fall damage barring some Charm or Merit usage).

                              Is that all correct?
                              Correct, except for the falling damage part — Thunderbolt Attack Prana lets you ignore one range band worth of your fall for determining damage, and a close range fall doesn't inflict any damage.


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • Do you have to activate Coiled Serpent Strikes before an attack roll against you (and hope it misses or you waste 3m), or can you wait and activate it after the attack misses?

                                I would assume the later but the text kind of implies the former.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X