This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nemastoncito View Post
    ¿Can You give some Examples of basic or major projects for craft (artifacts) and crafts (FFA)?

A functional but worst than the original prosthetic can be a major projects for First age artifice or things like that are the solely purview of major artifacts?
    There largely aren't major or basic projects for Craft (Artifacts), Craft (Geomancy), or Craft (First Age Artifice), outside of specific examples like repairing levels of damage to a Bronze Legionnaire.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Where, outside the South, is snow uncommon during the winter? I always kind of pictured that in the Scavenger Lands, the further West you go, the more Mediterranean the climate becomes, but I think this might be an assumption on my part.

Please don't try to answer my questions unless you're either A) A Dev, or B) Going to cite a book and page number. “...Turns out, he was thinking of Mongol herders and Germanic agriculturalists the whole time!”

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
        Just how well-known and mapped is Creation to those within it? Like is it all hazily understood, or is there still room for "exploration"? (Obviously this pertains to the highly-educated, like Dynasts or elder Lunars.)
        There is absolutely room for exploration, because it would be boring if that wasn't an option. Cartography may be more advanced among certain circles than it was historically on Earth, but it's still largely a matter of peripluses and itineraria and crude (by modern standards) maps for most people. And Creation remains full of places that you can't easily map because your people's enemies are there, or it's too wild and full of unwholesome perils. Savants may have access to First Age maps that are no longer entirely accurate in the Age of Sorrows; sorcerers can gather geographical information through spells, summonings, and workings, but those may be limited in various ways or disrupted by localized supernatural phenomena.

The long and short of it is that the highly educated will have access to detailed information on many places, but there will remain regions that they only hazily understand.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Hi there,

Sorry, nitpicking: In Heirs, where the description for Deadly Essence Flashpoint says 'whenever she would roll anima flux', does that mean every turn or every instance you roll?

E.g. It's the start of your turn and you have three people in range of your anima flux. Can you commit one mote or three?

Thanks once again in advance.

Comment

• Does the Command merit also give the resources needed to outfit, mantain and deploy the army or i also need the Resources merit to mach?
            If yes, what level of Resources would i need per Command?

Comment

• What does the protean effect of Beauty to Break all Hearts and Devil Body/Terror Face do? I don't see a difference to the base effect.

Comment

• If you have Shifting Beast Nature and Chimera-Soul expression, are your two hybrid forms 6 mutation points each or 12 mutation points each?

if it’s 12 points each, is the text supposed to note that along with the example of Beast-Form Empowerment?

Can a Chimera make their two hybrid form from Shifting Beast nature 1 of the animals each? I.e. they have an Octopus,an form, a parrot-man form, and an octoparrot spirit shape.

Oh.., or is it 6 mutations points for the base animal in one hybrid form, a different six for the same animal in the other different hybrid form, and then both get the package of the same six mutation points from the secondary animal bought with CSE?
                Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-24-2020, 04:51 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Should Erudite Beast-Mind Expansion gain the Stackable keyword? I am just trying to figure out if it can be used multiple times on the same animal to raise its mental dice pools, which seems to be the implication. Either way I will put an errata note in for it as the WP, Resolve and Guile would need to be listed as having a cap like the dice pools do.

Comment

• If one of the Merits a Lunar chooses to grant with Beast-Soul Awakening Crucible has a prerequisite, what happens to characters granted the Merit who don't meet the prerequisite?

Should I assume that the trial is set up to weed out almost all such characters? For instance Ma-Ha-Suchi's trial sounds like it might weed out anyone who lacks the Stamina 3 or Resistance 3 to earn the Iron Stomach of his goatfolk.

What about their descendants? Is the Merit dormant until they meet the prerequisites?

Comment

• With Whispering Heart Revelation, if a Lunar interrogates the target of his sacred hunt and intimidates them into revealing their secret, does that count as well? Since the hunt fails if the Lunar's guess is wrong, I'm assuming that getting the target to just tell him the correct answer doesn't count.

But intense interrogation as a sacred hunt seems cool, so I'm torn on this one.

Comment

• How do evocations work for Underworld artifacts obtained as grave goods? Also, can jade still be mined in the Underworld and does it remain "real" in Creation like Soulsteel does?

Comment

• Are Crucible of Legends and Across The Eight Directions going to have colour art?

I play...
                          Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                          Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• If Character A is illiterate, and has Character B read out a letter from Character C, does Character C get to make their written social influence attempt against Character A (who is hearing the letter read out), or only against Character B (who actually read it)?

I play...
                            Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                            Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              Are Crucible of Legends and Across The Eight Directions going to have colour art?
                              We hope so, but we don't know yet. (We'll definitely know by the time it's time to start writing art notes, because we can't write art notes until we know if there's color or not.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Astral View Post
                                How do evocations work for Underworld artifacts obtained as grave goods?
                                We haven't finalized how grave goods work in 3e, so I'm afraid that we don't have an answer for that as yet.

Originally posted by Astral View Post
                                Also, can jade still be mined in the Underworld and does it remain "real" in Creation like Soulsteel does?
                                Stuff from other realms of existence isn't inherently immaterial or evanescent. Underworld jade is real in Creation, but the same applies to any old Underworld rock. Ghosts, grave goods, and other things that come into being via spiritual mechanisms are the exception, not the rule.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X