This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hI! Robert,i fished a quote of yours from the discord

​It depends on what precisely you’re envisioning. The Underworld’s rivers encircle both small islands where some ghost might have set up a personal Xibalba or Good Place, as well as vast continents where you could have a great war between several ghostly dynasties or a blossoming renaissance of long-dead art styles
    Since I know that the devs ideas for the Umderworld are not set in stone yet. May I ask if that quote still holds true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      hI! Robert,i fished a quote of yours from the discord

Since I know that the devs ideas for the Umderworld are not set in stone yet. May I ask if that quote still holds true?
      Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Hi guys, sorry, pedantic Qs:

1. Can Dragon-Scale Shield's benefits be applied to an MA-based parry using that weapon? The text seems to imply that the charm is boosting the weapon itself a la Dragon-Graced Weapon.

2. The text for Dragon-Scale Shield says: 'The Air variant can be used against attacks from close range if combined with another element.' Does that mean it can be used against an attack using melee/brawl etc, or is it projectile only (i.e. it can now also be used against a thrown/archery/other ranged thingy projectile-based attack from close range, no other benefit)?

3. Does Deadly Essence Flashpoint work if you're attacking a fellow DB? I would presume so but been pointed out to me it's essentially flux damage...

4. Not a question, so obvs shold be ignored – but please, please, please consider making Dragon's Egg Hatched have the option to use the base traits of a couple of simple animals as well as an elite trooper or assassin, just to fit in with my own personal head canon. Please? What's that? Stop being so greedy and wasting my time? Fair enough...

Thanks again, as ever it's massively appreciated.
        Last edited by Moss Reynholm; 06-25-2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Will the alternate craft rules in Crucible include more depth for what is First Age Artifice?

Comment

• Do sources of Might (for battle groups) stack? For example, if I have an army of beastfolk (Might 1) trained in the Demon-Fighting Principle (+2 Might against CoD) do they serve as a Might 3 BG against Creatures of Darkness?

Comment

• This one is probably for Vance specifically.

Is Toad Style still immensely strong, immune to nearly any weapon, and when properly used almost invincible?

Or, in a less meme way, it's been mentioned that Five Deadly Venoms is the primary inspiration for the five venom styles and both Centipede and Snake very much feel like their cinematic namesake. But I'm really curious how Toad will work because my brain thinks "resistance charms but on the offensive?" and then kinda overheats and shuts down.

Would you be willing to give more insight to how Toad will work in Many Faced Strangers, whether that be design philosophy and mechanical concepts or, if you're feeling really generous, a preview of a charm?
              Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 06-26-2020, 01:27 PM.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• Speaking of Martial Arts, are there any other spear using styles in the making?

Comment

• Will there be any big overlap between the Umbral Patron and the Ebon Dragon, with just my guess with the Umbral's general shadow themes so far

Comment

• Got a (multi-part) question on the Metagalapan Riding Hawk from HDNP, namely the Swooping Descent ability:
                    1) The Hawk is supposedly undetectable by human sense if flying high above, how high does that have to be, in range bands? Just generally "above"? Because they could only ambush someone if they get to dive from "only" one range band above, right?
                    And if it's multiple range bands, do they get to dive multiple bands for an ambush?
                    2) The ability says "ambushes" are ensured, does that actually mean the Hawk really gets to ambush whoever doesn't detect them, which is everyone without superhuman sensory ability?
                    Or does the Hawk still need to win at Join Battle to have an ambush, and otherwise does a surprise attack?
                    3) Do characters without superhuman senses get an awareness roll before they get struck by the first strike attack, since the Hawk is getting close, or does the movement and the attack still fall under the advantage of being undetectable with superhuman senses?

If I read it without applying any bias I would read it as character without superhuman senses just getting ambushed no-contest when attacked by a Riding Hawk from even short range above, and the Hawk getting to re-establish stealth whenever they manage to disengage to just get one range band up. That seems really really tough, especially if a Lunar does it. On the other hand, one could also be a Tyrant Lizard, so I can actually fathom this being just this straight-forward, but I would appreciate some clarification. TY <3

Edit: realized multiple animals have this ability, so... Yeah I'm asking about the ability, not just Riding Hawks

Edit: Resolved, as it turns out, those questions were already answered, and I should've searched for the ability, instead for hawks and stuff :X

So just one question: How far above do critters with Swooping Descent have to be, to be undetectable?
                    Last edited by Cheshire Cat; 06-27-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                      Will there be any big overlap between the Umbral Patron and the Ebon Dragon, with just my guess with the Umbral's general shadow themes so far
                      Nope! 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Dulahan View Post
                        Speaking of Martial Arts, are there any other spear using styles in the making?
                        I don't believe there are any at the moment, although whenever we get around to Bull style, I'm envisioning that as a spear and shield style with a lot of charging.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                          This one is probably for Vance specifically.

Is Toad Style still immensely strong, immune to nearly any weapon, and when properly used almost invincible?

Or, in a less meme way, it's been mentioned that Five Deadly Venoms is the primary inspiration for the five venom styles and both Centipede and Snake very much feel like their cinematic namesake. But I'm really curious how Toad will work because my brain thinks "resistance charms but on the offensive?" and then kinda overheats and shuts down.

Would you be willing to give more insight to how Toad will work in Many Faced Strangers, whether that be design philosophy and mechanical concepts or, if you're feeling really generous, a preview of a charm?
                          Toad definitely draws some from Five Deadly Venoms - while some styles emphasize parrying or dodging for their defensive strategy, it's more reliant on soak.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GhanjRho View Post
                            Do sources of Might (for battle groups) stack? For example, if I have an army of beastfolk (Might 1) trained in the Demon-Fighting Principle (+2 Might against CoD) do they serve as a Might 3 BG against Creatures of Darkness?
                            Things that are specifically bonuses to Might, like Tiger-Warrior Training Technique's bonuses, will stack with existing Might, but if you have, say, God-Blooded beastfolk, the Might they get for being beastfolk won't stack with the Might they get for being God-Blooded.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Nope! 10char
                              Huh, well color me very intrigued then. I didn't expect that. Excited to see how they will look individually

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                Toad definitely draws some from Five Deadly Venoms - while some styles emphasize parrying or dodging for their defensive strategy, it's more reliant on soak.
                                Would you be willing to maybe explain how a Toad stylist eats soup or some other teaser for the offensive side?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

Working...
                                X