Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the DB Lore Charm Stern Tutor Discipline allow the target to learn Attributes, Abilities and Specialties that the teacher does does not possess?

If so, can this charm be used to target oneself?

Comment

• Are there official erratas to Hero-Forging God-Weapon and Sun-Forge Tempering? Those two charms from the craft tree have outdated rules on them, but were not errata-ed on Arms of the Chosen along side Design Beyond Limit and Celestial Reforging Technique.

If those have no official erratas, is there a chance for them to be fixed in the future? What would their adjustments be like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Infinity_Master View Post
        Are there official erratas to Hero-Forging God-Weapon and Sun-Forge Tempering? Those two charms from the craft tree have outdated rules on them, but were not errata-ed on Arms of the Chosen along side Design Beyond Limit and Celestial Reforging Technique.

If those have no official erratas, is there a chance for them to be fixed in the future? What would their adjustments be like?
        Neither of those Charms were included in the final version of the corebook, so I'm going to say the chances of them getting errata is slim to none.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Coldsholdr View Post
          Does the DB Lore Charm Stern Tutor Discipline allow the target to learn Attributes, Abilities and Specialties that the teacher does does not possess?

If so, can this charm be used to target oneself?
          Yes and yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Organ Boy View Post
            2. I understand perfect defenses have been altered to avoid the tedium of paranoia combat, but I was just curious-is there a particular reason why the Dodge Ability alone still has a dodge-anything charm with a much longer refresh, but Melee and Resistance do not?
            I think the idea was to have each of the three "classic" Solar perfect defenses work in a different way, just to give them some variety.

Furthermore, for the purposes of resolving unblockable blows versus impermeable defenses does defense still trump offense in 3e? I couldn't find a similar sidebar as the one in 2e's corebook.
            Yes, Seven Shadow Evasion can dodge the undodgeable.

3. Finally, I noticed Sharp Light of Judgement Stance and Immortal Blade Triumphant still exist in the Mele charmline. Based on that would it be appropriate to homebrew E5 Melee/Brawl/Archery/Thrown charms that are capable of letting Solars inflict effects such as a single attack delivering infinite damage, or hurling someone into another realm of existence a la 2e's Sky Breaker Throw, with a sufficiently high amount of Initiative or a good enough charm roll?
            Note that those Charms are altered from their 2E incarnation - pretty drastically, in the case of Sharp Light of Judgment Stance. Miracles of the Solar Exalted has a Brawl Charm whose name I can't remember that has the potential for a one-hit autokill; I'd use that as a point of comparison.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Moss Reynholm View Post
              Hi guys, sorry, pedantic Qs:

1. Can Dragon-Scale Shield's benefits be applied to an MA-based parry using that weapon? The text seems to imply that the charm is boosting the weapon itself a la Dragon-Graced Weapon.
              No.

2. The text for Dragon-Scale Shield says: 'The Air variant can be used against attacks from close range if combined with another element.' Does that mean it can be used against an attack using melee/brawl etc, or is it projectile only (i.e. it can now also be used against a thrown/archery/other ranged thingy projectile-based attack from close range, no other benefit)?
              Any attack, regardless of Ability. The wording in the backer draft was wonky and is different in the final.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                Do Five Edicts Dominion’s Beyond Your Reach and On a Pedestal of Your Bones halve/reduce damage before or after soak/hardness?
                The withering damage reduction from Beyond Your Reach and On a Pedestal of Your Bones' resonant effect is applied to the total damage, after the roll is made.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Deranged Goblin View Post
                  Does Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise enhance your ability to use equipment (makeup, the right clothing, etc) to disguise yourself, or can you activate the charm to create the illusion without the normally necessary equipment.
                  Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise doesn't waive any penalties you might encounter from having insufficient equipment.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Neither of those Charms were included in the final version of the corebook, so I'm going to say the chances of them getting errata is slim to none.
                    I guess I've been using an outdated version of the core for reference lately. Whoops...

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Do you know what topics the essays from the Exalted Essay Collection will cover?

Comment

• Dear devs,

I am not a native speaker of English and need a bit of help with the commas in the wording of the melee charm Sandstorm-Wind Attack (p350, core book).

From the charm description:
                        This attack ignores hardness, and does (Essence) automatic successes in damage to scenery, passing through objects it destroys to strike targets behind cover.
                        Doe this mean?
                        • A] the charm ignores any kind of hardness, including hardness of armor and hardness of scenery.
                        • B] the charm only ignores the hardness of scenery.
                        • C] .... something else...
                        Maybe this was clarified when the core book came to market, but I did not find a relevant old post.

Kind regards

Comment

• Can a chosen become dream-eaten or is it something only mortals have to be worried about? Also how "high-functioning" would a dream-eaten be? From what I read in Manacle and Coin they show no initiative or desire and have to be managed tightly but will one that was highly intelligent and/or skilled differ from one that wasn't?

Comment

• Suppose you have a patrician woman and a dynastic man, both Dragon-Blooded. Which of them marries into the other’s household and which household do their children belong to? WFHW isn’t clear on that to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                              Suppose you have a patrician woman and a dynastic man, both Dragon-Blooded. Which of them marries into the other’s household and which household do their children belong to? WFHW isn’t clear on that to me.
                              edit: Whoops, realized this wasn't Ask a question.
                              Last edited by Accelerator; 10-13-2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andijvie View Post
                                Dear devs,

I am not a native speaker of English and need a bit of help with the commas in the wording of the melee charm Sandstorm-Wind Attack (p350, core book).

From the charm description:

Doe this mean?
                                • A] the charm ignores any kind of hardness, including hardness of armor and hardness of scenery.
                                • B] the charm only ignores the hardness of scenery.
                                • C] .... something else...
                                Maybe this was clarified when the core book came to market, but I did not find a relevant old post.

Kind regards
                                It ignores all Hardness, period.

The bit about dealing extra damage to scenery is frustratingly meaningless because there are no rules for dealing damage to objects. It's clearly intended to be able to let you pierce through cover by destroying it, but...there really just isn't any indication of how that should work.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X