X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

This time more of a curiosity than a clarification:

Sometimes Horses Fly Approach has text that says: ...with a mote of purefic power...

What is purefic? Is it a typo for purified or something like that, or an obscure word? I tried googling and various dictionaries and got nothing...

Thanks again!

Comment

• Hello Robert Vance ,

On the previous Ask the Devs, on post #3974 you said of Blinding Nova Flare:

"Unblockable and undodgeable decisive attacks are very, very hard to avoid being killed by. I think "reliable" might be underselling it."

Revisiting this thought, what is the Mastery effect supposed to be giving us?

How is giving up your lowest initiative (which may be quite high) for a few extra dice on the attack pool for an unblockable and undodgeable attack worth it?

This seems to be a case where having access to Mastery makes the Charm tactically worse than the non-Terrestrial keyword bound version of it...

Comment

• In Fakharu's defining principle, is that "furlough" as in vacation or having been laid off? It's a very different intimacy depending.

Comment

• Does the charm Craftsmen Need No Tools eliminate the need for the specialized tools used to repair Warstriders?

Also, are the repair times for Warstriders reduced by charms, such as Crack-Mending Technique?
          Last edited by Sorcerous Overlord; 10-29-2020, 04:15 AM.

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
          -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
            Hello,

This time more of a curiosity than a clarification:

Sometimes Horses Fly Approach has text that says: ...with a mote of purefic power...

What is purefic? Is it a typo for purified or something like that, or an obscure word? I tried googling and various dictionaries and got nothing...

Thanks again!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
              Hello Robert Vance ,

On the previous Ask the Devs, on post #3974 you said of Blinding Nova Flare:

"Unblockable and undodgeable decisive attacks are very, very hard to avoid being killed by. I think "reliable" might be underselling it."

Revisiting this thought, what is the Mastery effect supposed to be giving us?

How is giving up your lowest initiative (which may be quite high) for a few extra dice on the attack pool for an unblockable and undodgeable attack worth it?

This seems to be a case where having access to Mastery makes the Charm tactically worse than the non-Terrestrial keyword bound version of it...
              They're added to the damage roll, not the attack roll, but I definitely see why the confusion exists - I could have worded that much more clearly.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                In Fakharu's defining principle, is that "furlough" as in vacation or having been laid off? It's a very different intimacy depending.
                The former. He doesn't see himself as having abandoned his post, but as taking some well-earned time off from his duties.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                  Does the charm Craftsmen Need No Tools eliminate the need for the specialized tools used to repair Warstriders?
                  Yes, with the caveat that repairing an Incapacitated warstrider is a superior or legendary project, and so would require either the specialized tools or Thousand-Forge Hands.

Also, are the repair times for Warstriders reduced by charms, such as Crack-Mending Technique?
                  Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    They're added to the damage roll, not the attack roll, but I definitely see why the confusion exists - I could have worded that much more clearly.
                    Great, thank you. That was my first interpretation but when challenged on it I saw it as confusing too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Do they become dice or automatic successes on the damage roll?

Comment

• Monarch-Wing Migration (Lunars p288) lets you go 20 miles a day across normal terrain, 10 miles per day across harsh wilderness, and (Speed x4) mph for ships. (Which for 7 people on horses doesn't seem hugely fast? I think you can ride a horse 25 or 30 miles per day if you're a good rider on good terrain. It's good for people walking though.)

Treading Midnight's Road (Lunars p288) increases the Speed Multiplier of Monarch-Wing Migration to (xEssence). But... there's no speed modifier. If my E3 Lunar buys this charm, should I triple the speed so it's 60 miles a day across normal terrain, 30 miles per day across harsh wilderness, and Speed x12mph for ships?
                        Unless this refers to the speed modifier for ships only, but I assume not as you'd need to be Essence 5 to get a small benefit, and it'd only be for boats with only you and 10 other people on.

I play...
                        Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                        Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• Hello,

For all other Charms I checked (mostly skimmed), the term damage rolled seems to refer to damage dice pools, but Foe-Hammer Technique seems to refer to damage done... Can you please clarify what is the intent for FHT?

Thanks again!

Comment

• So, question for Vance:

Say George Washington wants to have his body inscribed with mudras to the god of ranged combat to make him proof against projectiles. Seems straightforward enough (honestly, layers of protection seems like one of the first things that would be sought in sorcerous workings).

But I'm wondering if it's balanced. Soak and maybe Hardness does seem like one of those things that is a bit more amenable to stacking given the lack of dice cap for it, but then you do get some things like Solar Resistance Charms that are incompatible with armour.

So what do you think? Would it be sufficient for this to be a form of Soak that works only against darts, arrows and sling shot, but fails against Claw Strider assault? Does armour provided by workings need to be limited to a small number, or be incompatible with some additional forms of protection? The sacrifices and rituals that must be undertaken to maintain it? Or are there some areas of sorcery where verisimilitude needs to give way to the functional game and people just need to not think about it too much?
                            Last edited by Isator Levi; 11-01-2020, 08:28 AM.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• When an effect like Foe-Hammer Technique (Lunars 268) says "damage rolled" (he suffers half the damage rolled against the grappled foe) does it refer to by the size of the damage pool I have rolled against him, or the amount of succesful damage I have rolled against him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

Do they become dice or automatic successes on the damage roll?
                                They're added as successes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X