This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Just for the record, this is for the sake of a thread for travel speed shenanigans; someone worked up a combo of this spell and the Storm Serpent Charm Eclipses can learn; for comparison, the Solar Circle spell Rain of Doom also has the option to follow you around if it's your control spell, but its speed is capped.
    If there's a speed limit, teleportation or other faster-than-the-spell's-speed-limit travel won't break the speed limit. The Rain of Doom will keep up as best as it can.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• From other rules clarifications, when a charm calls upon a static value (like resolve, Essence, or an attribute) it's been said that it counts only the base value of that trait. There is a sidebar in Lunars Fangs at the Gate that calls out Appearance as a kind of exception when comparing it to other's resolves. Myriad Graces Appeal calls out the 'higher of Appearance or Five' but my Lunar's appearance is temporarily increased either through the Excellency or via other Lunar charms committed for that scene/day- do I use my adjusted Appearance of 8? or is it still capped at 5?

My Homebrew: Architect of the Regal Puppet Style (WIP) || Monkey Style || Radiant Halo of Incandescent Might || Pale Driver, Ruination of the Edifice of Tyranny || Sublime Percussion, Just a Whole lot of Fun || Idris, The Graceful Heart of Purpose

Comment

• Is John Carptenters Prince of Darkness a good refrence for Heart Eaters?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
        Many Limbed Manual
        Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
        San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
        My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Elkovash View Post
          From other rules clarifications, when a charm calls upon a static value (like resolve, Essence, or an attribute) it's been said that it counts only the base value of that trait. There is a sidebar in Lunars Fangs at the Gate that calls out Appearance as a kind of exception when comparing it to other's resolves. Myriad Graces Appeal calls out the 'higher of Appearance or Five' but my Lunar's appearance is temporarily increased either through the Excellency or via other Lunar charms committed for that scene/day- do I use my adjusted Appearance of 8? or is it still capped at 5?
          The sidebar is only talking about Charms where you directly compare your Appearance to an enemy's Resolve, like Argument-Eclipsing Shadow. For Charms that use your Appearance as a variable without comparing it to the enemy Resolve, like the maximum bonus calculation in Myriad Graces Appeal, it doesn't apply.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
            Is John Carptenters Prince of Darkness a good refrence for Heart Eaters?
            I haven't seen it, but looking at the Wikipedia page for it, it sounds like it could provide some inspiration.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• The Solar Lore Charm, First Knowledge's Grace, says it allows the user to ignore all penalties to teach someone. I've never seen mechanics for a check to teach someone and I'm wondering what the intent of the charm is. My table has referred to it as a "speed bump", but I'd love to give them something it's useful for. Should it allow accelerated teaching of dragon kings or something? Any ideas or examples of its intended use would be super helpful.

Comment

• Can a Solar use Medicine to heal a battlegroup as a single prolonged Medicine action?

If no by default, can they use Words-as-Workshop Method to make an artifact to split their Medicine efforts over scale?

Comment

• Adding onto that above question, can Solars use their medicine charms en-masse, or are they crippled when it takes to curing people on a grand scale like a city or region-wide plague?

Comment

• Originally posted by Altasaire View Post
                    Can a Solar use Medicine to heal a battlegroup as a single prolonged Medicine action?
                    If the Storyteller wants to represent the process of treating a large number of people as a single extended Medicine roll rather than a larger number of individual Medicine rolls if they want to montage through it, but there's no default system mechanism for doing so.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Coldsholdr View Post
                      The Solar Lore Charm, First Knowledge's Grace, says it allows the user to ignore all penalties to teach someone. I've never seen mechanics for a check to teach someone and I'm wondering what the intent of the charm is. My table has referred to it as a "speed bump", but I'd love to give them something it's useful for. Should it allow accelerated teaching of dragon kings or something? Any ideas or examples of its intended use would be super helpful.
                      The intent of the Charm is that it represents a Solar who is so skilled a teacher than they can overcome even the most insurmountable barriers, such as learning disabilities, mind-blighting curses, and the like. The mechanics don't really live up to that promise, as there's essentially no system support for teaching people outside of specific Charms, but you can consider it essentially narrative permission to ignore any obstacles that would normally make the Storyteller go "hey, I don't think you'd be able to teach guy."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        If the Storyteller wants to represent the process of treating a large number of people as a single extended Medicine roll rather than a larger number of individual Medicine rolls if they want to montage through it, but there's no default system mechanism for doing so.

So there's no potential way to make your Solar to treat mass wounds faster? Like, an analogue of Thousand-Forge Hands for Medicine, could that exist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Altasaire View Post
                          So there's no potential way to make your Solar to treat mass wounds faster? Like, an analogue of Thousand-Forge Hands for Medicine, could that exist?
                          There's Instant Treatment Methodology, Healing Trance Meditation and similar Charms to fuel repeated use of it, and potentially custom Charms to assist in treating large groups of patients. However, a Solar physician is always going to be a doctor, not a D&D cleric. If they want to treat someone, they have to actually spend time treating them, even if they can do so far faster than any mortal doctor; they can't just unleash a wave of healing energy that cures everyone in a five-block radius of the plague.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How would you look for Ligier's attitude towards the Exalted to be portrayed? Hostile, neutral, or enthusiastic about them as people capable of wielding his crafts (and possibly making Creation more like Malfeas)?

I'm presuming he still has the whole thing of "considers a Solar circle or army of Dragon Blooded an adequate challenge", I'm just interested in the wider context and how he might interact with them more proactively.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• How familiar do you have to be with someone to target them with Wind-Carried Words Technique?

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              There's Instant Treatment Methodology, Healing Trance Meditation and similar Charms to fuel repeated use of it, and potentially custom Charms to assist in treating large groups of patients.
                              And which of the above would be required to duplicate Flesh-Sealing Flame Technique’s “heal a battle group” function which was basically the original question?

Comment

• I'm having a bit of trouble conceptualizing the usage and limitations of God-Heeling Gesture. Does the phenomena in question have to be directly caused by a god's power, or does it only need to fall under their purview? How would it work in these examples below:

1. If a bird dies in a snowstorm, can GHG only revive it if some god used their powers to create the storm? Or can it be revived even from some random act of nature?
                                2. If a well goes dry, can it be restored no matter the cause? Or only if a god placed a curse on it or something similar?
                                3. Can it cure sickness caused by tainted food/water, poor hygiene, etc. or only sickness spread by a disease god?

Comment

Working...
                                X