X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
    How is Ys pronounced?
    Best bet is it's pronounced like the mythical Ys.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post

What about situations where you're fooling the person more than the messenger? If I think I've met The Scarlet Empress, but I've actually only met a Solar disguised as The Scarlet Empress, and I send an infallible messenger directed at "The Scarlet Empress" does it go to the actual Scarlet Empress, to the Solar who I think is The Scarlet Empress, or fail entirely? What if I've met both of them, but contextually it's more like I'm trying to talk to the Solar (say, I'm trying to follow up on a conversation I had with the disguised Solar, and the actual Scarlet Empress would be horribly confused why someone she met once 8 years ago is trying to contact her about a conversation they never had)
      In an ambiguous situation like that, the Storyteller can make the call.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Best bet is it's pronounced like the mythical Ys.
        So Ysyr is prounced similair to Aesir?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
        Many Limbed Manual
        Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
        San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
        My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Is the 3CD in Adversaries or Hundred Devils?

How does magic that lowers your target number interact with magic that rerolls 6s?
          Last edited by Sith_Happens; 11-18-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
            So Ysyr is prounced similair to Aesir?
            Not the way I pronounce Ysyr and Aesir, but it's entirely possible I'm pronouncing them the wrong way.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
              How does magic that lowers your target number interact with magic that rerolls 6s?
              We'll address this formally in Sidereals, but for now, assume that a character's reroll effects won't reroll their dice that count as successes due to target number reduction.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How hard is it for Lunars in the Silver Pact to learn Celestial Circle Sorcery if they already know Terrestrial Circle Sorcery and have lived for at least a century or so already? How many of them do it - like, are there more 100+ year old Lunars who are Terrestrial Circle Sorcerers but not Celestial Circle Sorcerers, or more Celestial Circle Sorcerers?

For PCs, I would imagine most players who have "Sorcerer" in their character concept take the Celestial Circle soon after they qualify it, since it's a fun, versatile, and powerful ability (and I figure most 100+ year old Lunars will have hit the 3 Essence minimum and learned a good number of spells). But I know the ease of taking Sorcery for PCs does not reflect that NPCs find it easy to become a Sorcerer, that it is even possible for a given NPC at all, or that it can be achieved without great sacrifice. However, I don't remember hearing that the same restrictions apply to advancing a Circle once you are already a Sorcerer.

Comment

• Originally posted by habitableexoplanet View Post
                  How hard is it for Lunars in the Silver Pact to learn Celestial Circle Sorcery if they already know Terrestrial Circle Sorcery and have lived for at least a century or so already? How many of them do it - like, are there more 100+ year old Lunars who are Terrestrial Circle Sorcerers but not Celestial Circle Sorcerers, or more Celestial Circle Sorcerers?

For PCs, I would imagine most players who have "Sorcerer" in their character concept take the Celestial Circle soon after they qualify it, since it's a fun, versatile, and powerful ability (and I figure most 100+ year old Lunars will have hit the 3 Essence minimum and learned a good number of spells). But I know the ease of taking Sorcery for PCs does not reflect that NPCs find it easy to become a Sorcerer, that it is even possible for a given NPC at all, or that it can be achieved without great sacrifice. However, I don't remember hearing that the same restrictions apply to advancing a Circle once you are already a Sorcerer.
                  While not everyone has the potential to learn sorcery, the presentation thus far has been that if you are able to learn sorcery, you're able to learn it to the highest Circle that your Exalt type is capable of learning.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Question about Anima Flux, specifically Fire. The Anima Flux write up states at Bonfire level the DB rolls one die of Withering damage against all Non-DB. Fire states it deals (Higher of Essence or 3) damage to characters without hardness instead of one die.

Based on wording on other charms, am I correct that since it states "Deals X damage" rather than "Rolls X damage dice" does the Fire anima always do 3i/3L?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                      Is the 3CD in Adversaries or Hundred Devils?
                      Demon write-ups will appear in Hundred Devils Night Parade.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Can you use Ramparts of Obedient Earth to do large scale civic earth moving? Its mechanically tied up in War, but the ability to raise earthworks and fortifications with a stamp of your foot feels like it could also be used to dig a canal or something.

Comment

• Adding onto the above, Marionettes count as teams of 10. What does a sorcerer with Ramparts of Obedient Earth count as?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
                            Can you use Ramparts of Obedient Earth to do large scale civic earth moving? Its mechanically tied up in War, but the ability to raise earthworks and fortifications with a stamp of your foot feels like it could also be used to dig a canal or something.
                            Not as written.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                              Question about Anima Flux, specifically Fire. The Anima Flux write up states at Bonfire level the DB rolls one die of Withering damage against all Non-DB. Fire states it deals (Higher of Essence or 3) damage to characters without hardness instead of one die.

Based on wording on other charms, am I correct that since it states "Deals X damage" rather than "Rolls X damage dice" does the Fire anima always do 3i/3L?
                              It should be dice.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If you have the means to share senses with your Familiars, can you use Awareness Charms such as Keen Sight Technique through them?

He/him

Comment

Working...
                                X