This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
    Thank you. In a similar vein, hunters eye precision can be a perception charm. Can it benefit from other perception tricks like fivefold transcendent insights charm discounts for perception charms?

Thanks again and have a happy thanksgiving!
    I'd say that if you bought it as a Perception Charm, it counts as a Perception Charm for stuff like that.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post
      So the 5 elemental seasons is just how the realm catalogue the time, or is it like, actual Creation’s physics certified by Yu-shan and the Primordial?
      They are termed "cycles" rather than seasons, as per p. 73 of the core book. They are not seasons. It may be helpful to think of them as similar to fiscal quarters, which our own society uses alongside seasons but not instead of seasons.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
        Are Dynastic nannies typically patricians, peasants, or slaves?
        That's a fair question, and as it has not been established in the books, I don't have a canonical answer to it. Looking to historical inspirations, nursemaids in ancient China and ancient Rome were largely a mix of slaves and commoners, although upper-class nursemaids were a thing in certain times and places. If it's relevant to a specific character's backstory or role, any of the social classes you list should be fine.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• If I use Shadow Replacement Technique to possess an Exalt or similarly powerful person, do I have access to their charmset? Can I force them to spend mote on activating them as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
            If I use Shadow Replacement Technique to possess an Exalt or similarly powerful person, do I have access to their charmset? Can I force them to spend mote on activating them as well?
            The wording is ambiguous, but I believe the answer is no, based on it only granting you control over your target's "senses and motor functions."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              The wording is ambiguous, but I believe the answer is no, based on it only granting you control over your target's "senses and motor functions."
              So if I'm making them fight someone, I channel my own charms through them, using my own mote pool? Can I make them use spells or Evocations that I don't know, but they do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post

So if I'm making them fight someone, I channel my own charms through them, using my own mote pool? Can I make them use spells or Evocations that I don't know, but they do?
                As written, it does not allow you to enhance their actions with your Charms, unless those Charms could normally benefit another character.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I have a question about Bulwark Stance. Does the penalty to the damage roll apply before or after soak?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chronos12 View Post
                    I have a question about Bulwark Stance. Does the penalty to the damage roll apply before or after soak?
                    After. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

After. 10char
                      And for my follow up question if my Essence 2 dawn uses Bulwark Stance in combination with Iron Kettle Body. And his opponent is forced to ping off of their high soak but has a Overwhelming of 8 for the attack.

Assuming they roll two 1s, is the final damage roll 2 (Iron Kettle Body goes before Bulwark Stance effects)
                      or
                      3 with Bulwark Stance going off first?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chronos12 View Post
                        And for my follow up question if my Essence 2 dawn uses Bulwark Stance in combination with Iron Kettle Body. And his opponent is forced to ping off of their high soak but has a Overwhelming of 8 for the attack.

Assuming they roll two 1s, is the final damage roll 2 (Iron Kettle Body goes before Bulwark Stance effects)
                        or
                        3 with Bulwark Stance going off first?
                        Standard order of operations applies, so Iron kettle Body will halve the damage roll before Bulwark Stance subtracts from it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Standard order of operations applies, so Iron kettle Body will halve the damage roll before Bulwark Stance subtracts from it.
                          I figured thank you for confirming it all the same.
                          Last edited by Chronos12; 12-02-2020, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• The evocation Snarled-Silk Pankratist, of The Distaff, is rolled into battle with wits+craft. It later says that the pankratist uses the wielders unmodified dice pools.
                            Is the join battle roll also unmodified, or can it be modified by craft charms?

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
                              The evocation Snarled-Silk Pankratist, of The Distaff, is rolled into battle with wits+craft. It later says that the pankratist uses the wielders unmodified dice pools.
                              Is the join battle roll also unmodified, or can it be modified by craft charms?
                              It can be enhanced by Charms, but note that most of the dice tricks are limited to crafting projects rather than any Craft roll.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If a lunar is attacked by a foe ambushing them with an unblockable attack, due to the ambush they cannot use Heron Sheds Rain to defend against it.
                                However the perception charm Observed Prey Instinct if it's roll succeeds lets you defend normally on an ambush but your defence is set to 1 at base with extra threshold successes boosting it by 1 further up to their normal defence.

Does using observed prey instinct and succeeding allow the lunar to use Heron Sheds Rain due to not suffering the normal effects of the ambush?
                                Last edited by GenericMaleNPC01; 12-04-2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X