Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the range of Elemental Bolt Attack be extended by Sky-Calming Draw, and if so then does also paying 1a extend it to long range?

Comment

• I was wondering if there is another update of the lunars book in the works considering some things appear left unfinished like in charms : Monarch Wing Migration most of the charm text seems to be lifted almost word for word from a solar survival charm Trackless region Navigation . Is this like a placeholder text till the original charm is written ? Are they meant to be the same charm shared by lunars and solars or is this something team forgot to finish and the editor missed?
      Thanks.

Comment

• So, I was just looking at Laughing Into the Teeth of Madness, in Lunars (Fangs at the Gate, p. 280), and I noticed something about it that I hadn't spotted before: when resisting effects that don't normally allow a resistance roll, it says "Both characters must pay one Willpower per failed die on their roll". What happens, however, when the Lunar tries to resist an effect not originated by a character, where it's just a flat difficulty they're trying to make? Do they not lose wp at all in that circumstance? Or do they lose wp equal to the dice they roll that come up failures?

If it's the latter, that does seem quite harsh, especially given that it means that a character with a big pool is more likely to run themselves out of wp than a character with a smaller pool. What was the design intent on this one?

Interested in chatting with other Exalted fans online? Join us on the Exalted Discord server!

Comment

• So, as far as the Celestial Bureaucracy is concerned, one of their operatives killing a Solar or conspiring to kill a Solar is still illegal, yeah? Is one of the few advantages the Gold Faction has the fact that they can operate more openly than the Bronze Faction can?

PS, I know the 2e answer to this question is "yes, that's partly how the Exalted turned the Primordials into the Yozis; they killed their Defining Souls which changed their natures permanently" but in 3EX, if you Ghost-Eating Technique one of a demon's or Yozi's (or whatever we're calling them now) subsidiary souls to kill it permanently, is the entity above it permanently diminished?

I've got an idea for plot hook involving a First Age Solar who survived the Usurpation because she's been trapped in a Manse built to trap a really hard to kill 3rd Circle Demon, and for the last couple millennia the seals have been failing, so it's able to let one of its souls out into the chamber she's occupying once a day, so every day she has to kill a 2nd Circle Demon or two to prevent them from destroying the seal and letting their pPogenitor out. This works less well if the demon in question only has a finite and unreplenishing number of 2nd Circle Souls.
          Last edited by Ranger_Lord; 01-10-2021, 04:00 PM.

"I roll Lore (Farming)!"
          "You're in an ancient Solar tomb."
          "I roll Lore (Farming)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            I believe the intent is no.
            I have follow up questions of my own. Is the only way to block the effect of the charm to have another charm that roots you in place? I know Air Aspect anima doesn't work against it but do does the ability to negate fall damage through other charms work?

Also, if an evocation is supposed to be limited to exalt type does starting the tree from a specific charm or does it have to be X only?

Comment

• I was thinking about Getimians recently, imagining a group of them that are counterparts to the PCs. For example, if a PC had joined the Immaculate Order in their background prior to Exalting then maybe his counterpart Getimian is one who could not pass the initiation trials and thus never joined the Order. Perhaps another PC had grown up an orphan in Wu Jian before leaving for Faxai-on-the-Caul, but their counterpart Getimian had become a wealthy slum lord who saw no reason to give it up.

Would that be a fitting use for the new Exalted type?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger_Lord View Post
                So, as far as the Celestial Bureaucracy is concerned, one of their operatives killing a Solar or conspiring to kill a Solar is still illegal, yeah? Is one of the few advantages the Gold Faction has the fact that they can operate more openly than the Bronze Faction can?
                The dev team hasn't discussed that yet. We'll hash it out during Sidereals development.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by reseru View Post
                  I was thinking about Getimians recently, imagining a group of them that are counterparts to the PCs. For example, if a PC had joined the Immaculate Order in their background prior to Exalting then maybe his counterpart Getimian is one who could not pass the initiation trials and thus never joined the Order. Perhaps another PC had grown up an orphan in Wu Jian before leaving for Faxai-on-the-Caul, but their counterpart Getimian had become a wealthy slum lord who saw no reason to give it up.

Would that be a fitting use for the new Exalted type?
                  That isn't how they work canonically; Getimians don't exist before Exaltation, and have no counterparts. But if it works for your game and your group, then of course you should go for it.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• So then if Getimian Sho left his farm to lead a revolution did the real Farmer Sho die in a fire or was he never born?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                      So then if Getimian Sho left his farm to lead a revolution did the real Farmer Sho die in a fire or was he never born?
                      The latter.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

The dev team hasn't discussed that yet. We'll hash it out during Sidereals development.
                        Are getimians the only companion book sidereals get or will there be one like dragon blooded or lunars are getting as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                          Are getimians the only companion book sidereals get or will there be one like dragon blooded or lunars are getting as well?
                          This sounds like a misunderstanding. Getimians is not a Kickstarter companion book; its publication and contents are entirely independent of theproposed Sidereals Kickstarter.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

This sounds like a misunderstanding. Getimians is not a Kickstarter companion book; its publication and contents are entirely independent of theproposed Sidereals Kickstarter.
                            Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

The latter.
                              I understand not everything can be spoiled, but can I ask if their patron, that granted them exaltation, is something that...normally exists in the...normal version of Creation? I don't even know how to ask this, given the nature of Getimians.

Comment

• Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this kind of question, but at what stage of a project do you start releasing previews for KS backers? I saw that Many-Faced Strangers has progressed to the 'development' stage (congrats, btw!) which has me curious. 😄

Comment

Working...
                                X