Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the normal Ambush rules, it only works if you win Join Battle and go first, otherwise it's a surprise attack, right?

At the very end of my last session, the No Moon tricked a Dragonblood strike force into an Ambush with the Ambush strategem. So all the attacks from the Lunars and their centaur army are Ambushes on the first round, then surprise attacks for the next three turns.
    Are they only Ambush attacks if they win Join Battle? Or only Ambush attacks against people who've not yet acted? For example, if a Dragonblood goes first, then the Full Moon can make Ambush attacks on the enemy battle group but not that Dragonblood (they'd just be Surprise Attacks)?
    Or does it not matter who goes first, and they're Ambush attacks regardless?

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• Hello there! A player brought up an interesting question in a game earlier this week; it was for Implausible Lunar Panoply, but on reviewing I suppose it could be applied to some other Lunar Wits charms like Spider's Trapdoor and Magpie's Nest Resourcefulness. Their question was why does a charm that costs motes and Willpower, you get to make a narrative declaration that "you have had something all along" instead of spinning out a (temporary?) equivalent out of Wyld energy, Lunar essence or somesuch? The narrative abstraction of having retroactively been smart enough to apparently fool supernaturally observant forces that a Lunar with sparse clothing and no nearby stashes had the foresigh to conceal their daiklave after being stranded on a desert island or something was so puzzling, I was at a bit of a loss exactly how the order of resource expenditure and awareness worked when simply materialising equivalents makes more sense logistically.

Comment

• Can Golden Viper venom affect animals?

Comment

• My groups have been going back and forth on this forever, and I want to settle it.

When you make a Withering attack against a battlegroup, do you gain Initiative from the Withering Damage as you would against a single opponent, or do you gain only the 1 initiative for hitting the battlegroup?

Comment

• Saga Beast Virtue says it can grant the Exalt's essence in mutations but mutations have kinda gotten overhauled especially with the release of Lunars. Is there a particular total number of mutation points you'd recommend, or is it just "whatever mutations your ST allows."

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Oof, that is entirely ambiguous. The speed multiplier for Monarch-Wing Migration is intended as x2, so once you get to x3, you'd have 15 miles per day over harsh terrain or 30 miles per day over normal terrain.
              Sorry to necro this post, it just came up in my game as a player was thinking of buying it.

If something is already faster than that (say, I'm flying as a bird, so I can already easily do more than 30 miles a day), does Monarch-Wing Migration do nothing, or triple your speed? (Or more at a higher essence.) It mentions you slash hours or even days off travel times, but maybe that's just talking about walking speed as a human.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• does exigents has any guidelines on making gods who exalt exigents? just in case i want my Player Character to have a close relationship with his patron

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Sorry to necro this post, it just came up in my game as a player was thinking of buying it.

If something is already faster than that (say, I'm flying as a bird, so I can already easily do more than 30 miles a day), does Monarch-Wing Migration do nothing, or triple your speed? (Or more at a higher essence.) It mentions you slash hours or even days off travel times, but maybe that's just talking about walking speed as a human.
                  AS a follow up to that . A lot if not most lunar charms have protean effects or incorporate shapeshifting in one way or another . Is there a reason why the travel charm specifically seems to disregard shapeshifting existence? It doesnt read like a Lunar but more like a Solar charm so Im just wondering , if it was considered too strong for some reason to stack with shapeshifting while basic terrestrial sorcery gives absurd travel speeds via stormwind rider etc so why such harsh restrictions for celestial exalt spalt that is so heavily invested in shapeshifting ? Especially considering default charm was x2 and that was nice and straightforward and worked with everything but subsequently was revised to fixed speeds for reason we dont quite understand?? but follow up charm still deals with multipliers even tho the base charm no longer does and its very confusing and frustrating. Like for example does this turn x4 boat travel multiplier into x3 as a downgrade when buying this charm at essence 3?

Would really appreciate a clear answer.
                  Thanks a lot in advance.
                  Last edited by Beast of Bitter Oblivion; 02-11-2021, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Can a properly trained Moon-Touched give a new Lunar moonsilver tattoos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                      Can a properly trained Moon-Touched give a new Lunar moonsilver tattoos?
                      A properly trained anyone can give moonsilver tattoos.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

If you're already faster, you don't get an additional benefit. Monarch-Wing Migration and the other overland travel Charms it arises from aren't about your personal speed, but about being able to lead a group on a journey faster than they would without your guidance. If you want to improve on a flying form's already superhuman speed, you'd want something in Dexterity, maybe Stamina or Strength, instead.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                          Saga Beast Virtue says it can grant the Exalt's essence in mutations but mutations have kinda gotten overhauled especially with the release of Lunars. Is there a particular total number of mutation points you'd recommend, or is it just "whatever mutations your ST allows."
                          There wasn't really an overhaul of how mutations were intended to work; Saga Beast Virtue's wording is just weird. I don't have an on-the-record official pronouncement about how many dots it should actually grant.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Vejuz View Post
                            My groups have been going back and forth on this forever, and I want to settle it.

When you make a Withering attack against a battlegroup, do you gain Initiative from the Withering Damage as you would against a single opponent, or do you gain only the 1 initiative for hitting the battlegroup?
                            Only the 1 point.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Altasaire View Post
                              Can Golden Viper venom affect animals?
                              Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

With the normal Ambush rules, it only works if you win Join Battle and go first, otherwise it's a surprise attack, right?

At the very end of my last session, the No Moon tricked a Dragonblood strike force into an Ambush with the Ambush strategem. So all the attacks from the Lunars and their centaur army are Ambushes on the first round, then surprise attacks for the next three turns.
                                Are they only Ambush attacks if they win Join Battle? Or only Ambush attacks against people who've not yet acted? For example, if a Dragonblood goes first, then the Full Moon can make Ambush attacks on the enemy battle group but not that Dragonblood (they'd just be Surprise Attacks)?
                                Or does it not matter who goes first, and they're Ambush attacks regardless?
                                The Ambush stratagem just flat out makes those attacks ambushes, without any of the usual requirements needing to be met.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X