This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
    How would you have the claws/fangs/hooves/horns mutation work for animal forms? I'd assumed that they'd just function with the same accuracy/damage/parry bonus as in human form if you're a lunar using your own pools, but as they're written to modifiy your unnarmed attack*, unlike say, Wood Dragon Claws which create "a weapon with the same tags as an unarmed attack", it's unclear how they'd work on an animal which doesn't have an unnarmed attack.

*(which is kind of weird, I'd have assumed if you grew medium horns in human form you could still punch people same as before with light weapon stats but since it modifies your existing unnarmed attack rather than giving an alternate unnarmed/natural weapon I guess not)
    I'd apply it to one of the animal's natural weapons, and just have the "grants medium weapon traits" bit run on the assumption that the underlying attack is a light weapon.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Altasaire View Post
      How many workings can a Solar keep doing in parallel (assuming there are no pressing concerns, downtime-style), before they start running out of time in the week?
      There's no objective amount of time you have to spend attending a working, As a Storyteller, three simultaneous workings is where I'd probably start emphasizing the time constraints and introducing some complications.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by light-hero View Post
        What is the reason for giving the crossbow the powerful tag and not just making it a heavy weapon? Is there a difference I am not seeing?
        Powerful only applies at close range.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
          If an Exalt is immaterial, but then flares their anima to Bonfire, is the anima immaterial (and thus invisible) or can folks see the anima?

Any change if using, say, a Belt of Shadowwalking (from the Corebook) to become an immaterial shadow?
          If you're dematerialized, your anima isn't visible to people who can't see the dematerialized.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
            Why do siege weapons have an effective Strength of 0 for withering damage? A firewand does the same damage as a siege weapon.

EDIT: Realized that’s a partly odd way to ask that question since there’s not much point in distinguishing between the “base” and “use instead of Strength” parts of the damage of an entire category of weapon that never adds Strength, so a rephrase is probably in order: Why do mortal* siege weapons essentially only have the damage of mortal heavy weapons after accounting for Strength or the Crossbow/Flame tags?

* Artifact siege weapons by contrast are a few damage more than artifact heavy which confuses me even more (why the difference)?
            Balance concerns.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger_Lord View Post
              Should Darth Maul-style double bladed swords (or just straight up a double-bladed beamklave) be considered a form weapon for the Steel Devil Style?
              Steel Devil feels like it's definitely emphasizing you having one blade in your main hand and one in your offhand, which I don't think is a great fit for stuff like that?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Plastic Doll View Post
                In 3e are workings the only permanent results of sorcery or can spells still achieve these effects? For example, Savant and Sorcerer had the spell Ritual of Elemental Empowerment that would permanently enchant an object with various effects. Would it be a working now?
                Spells can have long-term or permanent effects. We'd be less likely to print Ritual of Elemental Empowerment because workings handle stuff like that very well and we have limited wordcount.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thanks for your answers Vance.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• Thank you for your answers!

For the Lunar charm Monarch-Wing Migration, does a ship's crew count towards the limit of characters? Most even medium-sized ships have vastly more than Essence × 2 people on board — unless it's meant for exclusively small boats or sorcerous ships (like Floral Ferry or the Folding Ship), which would sharply limit its usability. Is that the intent?
                    Last edited by Altasaire; 02-20-2021, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• So for fun I tried making a Lunar Full Moon Viking Berserker/ Fury Warrior but could only find two animals with the berserker trait. What gives?

And why does the bear has the berserker trait when the Northren Ursia does not? And why not dinos or sea animals? Can we expect more berserker animals? and will there be berserker animals that aren't mammals?

or just in a larger context will there be more animals that synegizes with lunar protean keyword?

Comment

• Do charms that protect against being forcibly moved like Unmoving Mountain Stance and Unmoving Aurochs Defense also protect against being knocked prone?

Comment

• If a lunar uses Mountainous Spirit Expression to turn legendary size in their human form, can they still benefits from the protean effect of grizzly bear embrace? So long as they remain legendary size?
                          Last edited by GenericMaleNPC01; 02-27-2021, 12:44 PM. Reason: mixed up the names of mangling grasp might and grizzly bear embrace

Comment

• Could a Lunar theoretically alter her animal shape's fur (or scales, skin) pattern, using Many-Faced Moon Transformation in such a way that they could then benefit from the advantages of the Camouflage merit in basically any environment?
                            iE make a tiger shape have leopard spots / lion's sand color to have camouflage in the savannah? Make their lion shape have snow leopard's spots for the taiga and/or mountains?
                            Is that too cheesy, or basically a reasonable usage of a charm that cost 8xp?

And if yes, where do you draw the line? Can I give my tiger ninja color to have urban camouflage and hunt in Nexus?

Comment

• When dice for damage from source as Environmental hazard and poison do you get success on 10s like normal? or is it like a decisive attack?

Comment

• i was very curious about the guidelines on how o design an Exigent's Anima banner,could you reveal something about that?

Comment

Working...
                                X